Staying Alive ~Chapter 2~

Staying Alive

                Arisa opened her eyes. She felt disoriented. Remembering the incident that happened, she quickly got up.

                “Arisa?” A hand patted her head.

                “Papa....” She looked up.

A kind man stood by her bedside. He smiled her head. Arisa looked at her hand and started to shake.

“Papa... Yesterday....”

“Yamada-San and Yuto have told me everything. Arisa... I need you to rest right now okay? All questions can be asked after this.” He injected a medicine in her arm.

Arisa felt sleep fill her senses and she drifted into a calm sleep. Nakajima-San sighed. He could not help but wonder what fate was this innocent girl suffering.

He went to check on Yuto who was getting treated unsuccessfully by Ryosuke.

“It Hurts!!! Be careful!” Yuto yelled at Ryosuke who pressed the cotton bud more tightly.

“Both of you idiots! Stop it! We have more important things to work out.” He was terribly irritated.

Ryosuke and Yuto stopped fooling around and looked at Nakajima-San. He spied the boys for any misbehavior and then cleared his throat.

“Yamada-Kun.... Are you sure she got bitten by that creature?” He looked seriously at Ryosuke.

“The first one did bite her cause he got poisoned... The other one was trying to kill her... Had I not reached there in time...” Ryosuke shut his eyes tightly.

“The organization is on the move as well. That’s how I got beaten up while the nutcase here was showing off his karate skills.” Yuto glared at Ryosuke who shrug his shoulders.

“I offered you training....” Ryosuke muttered

“Oh Shut up! Both of you!” Nakajima-san massaged his forehead fed up with both.

“Sorry...”

“Anyways... I need both of you, Yes... Swallow you stupid argument and work together. I need to both to watch over Arisa. We can still evade her from knowing she is ... a target.” Nakajima-San looked at them sternly and got up.

“Guess... We get over our fight mate.” Ryosuke sighed.

“You protect my sister from your advances and from others okay? And if you lay a hand on her...” Yuto looked daggers at Ryosuke.

“Don’t worry... I will just steal her first kiss.” Ryosuke grinned when Yuto smacked him.

Then they grinned at each other and had a good laugh.

~Same day, night~

Chinen drank the last dregs of his coffee and continued to search the files. He remembered his teacher telling him about an illegal attempt on the anti-virus.

“Kore ka?” He clicked on a file bored out of his mind.

His eyes were wide. He could not help but clutch the edge of the table. This information was terrifying. To think they tested it on a human being.

“Nakajima Keisuke... thrown out because he disagreed.” Chinen read on.

He decided to meet with Nakajima Keisuke.

~University premises, Next day, Evening~

Arisa walked slowly out of class. Her heart was still trembling about the incident that took place yesterday.

“Yuto-Nii-Chan.... Who were those people?” Arisa asked as she saw him.

“A bunch of all Dads’ mates who just wanted to play around with you. They just wanted revenge on him. Don’t worry, I and Ryosuke beat them up.” Yuto ruffled her hair.

“Then what about those who attacked me... Those....”

“They were those infected by Ab-12 virus. Luckily I reached in time and prevented anything bad from happening.” Ryosuke said nonchantly.

“But I got bitten... I....” Arisa touched her neck but there was nothing there.

“Nothing happened to you. I saved you in time. Don’t worry.” Ryosuke smiled at her.

But something was not right. She was sure she was bitten. Her heart was racing. Someone touched her shoulder.

Arisa screamed.

“Hey! Calm down! Sorry....” A voice replied shocked.

“Ah... Sorry... You just scared me.” Arisa sighed in relief.

“I am new here. My name is Chinen Yuri... I .. Well... I am a research student here.” Chinen smiled.

“Ah... Nice to meet you... I am Nakajima Arisa... 2nd year medical student.” Arisa bowed.

“Arisa!!!” Yuto’s voice reached the group.

“Nii-Chan!” Arisa waved.

Chinen’s eyes narrowed. Yuto.... If He was this girl’s brother... That would make him Nakajima Yuto... The same name as Nakajima Keisuke’s son. On researching he found out the family details... But nowhere was there the mention of a daughter.

“Ahh.... New crush?” Yuto ruffled her hair.

“No way! He is a new research student here.” Arisa said as she glared at Yuto.

“Arisa-dear! Don’t break my heart... Tell me... He is not your boyfriend right?” Ryosuke said as he reached her.

Arisa shook her head immediately. The last person she wanted to misunderstand this situation was Ryosuke.

“As much as I would love to be her boyfriend, I am not.” Chinen smiled a dazzling smile.

Ryosuke frowned at him. He did not like the fact Chinen was showing interest in Arisa.

“My name is Chinen Yuri and I am a research student here. I happened to run into Nakajima-San here. No misunderstanding.” Chinen bowed.

“Ah... I see. The nutcase beside my sister is Yamada Ryosuke and I am Nakajima Yuto.” Yuto smiled at Chinen.

“Anou.... Are you Nakajima Keisuke’s son?” Chinen asked.

Yuto and Ryosuke frowned immediately and then quickly smiled. Chinen however noticed the reaction. He had already recognized Ryosuke as the police commissioner’s son. If he is involved, It should mean that Ryosuke is aware about Ab-12’s illegal research.

“Well... That is Papa.. Nii-Chan?” Arisa turned to Yuto who suddenly grabbed her hand.

“Nice to meet you but it’s time for us to return.” Ryosuke said politely and then the three walked away.

Chinen followed them. He was going to meet Nakajima Keisuke no matter what.

“That squirrel sure is following us.” Ryosuke whispered as Arisa purchased ice cream.

“He must be a part of the Ab-12 researchers. Otherwise... He would not know Papa.” Yuto said.

“NII-CHAN!” Arisa screamed.

They spun around and were shocked. Arisa had fallen to the ground, her eyes shocked. The ice cream man had been captured by an infected person and his blood was being .

“Arisa get away!” Ryosuke yelled when more infect crowded in.

Ryosuke pulled out his pistol while Yuto immediately pulled out his gun. Arisa rushed to them. The infected dropped the ice-cream man.

Ryosuke shot the nearest person. The infected started to move away from them when someone cut another with a katana.

“Need help?” Chinen appeared by their side clutching a blood stained katana.

Arisa watched in shock as Ryosuke, Yuto and Chinen fended away the infected. When suddenly one of them grabbed her.

“Ryo!!! Nii-Chan!” Arisa screamed.

The three boys looked at her worried and shocked. The creature smiled at them as it held Arisa’s neck up and made her face them.

Arisa was tensed and scared. Yuto and Ryosuke could not do anything, if they aimed, they could hit Arisa. The infected realizing this bit deep into Arisa’s neck.

“No!!! Noo!!!” Arisa screamed as she felt blood being .

Chinen cursed under his breath, he was so helpless when the infect let go of her suddenly. It looked at her shock and suddenly started to choke.

Ryosuke immediately pulled Arisa into his arms and held her away. The infect started to foam and then disintegrated.

“Why.... Why...” Arisa touched her neck... The wound disappeared.

“It’s because... You are the cure against this virus... Nakajima Arisa.” Chinen suddenly said as he faced Ryosuke.

“Eh?... Wait... Ehh..” Arisa’s eyes rolled as she fainted in shock in Ryosuke’s arms.

Yuto and Ryosuke glared at Chinen. Chinen looked at them simply, his hand busy putting the Katana back into it’s scabbard.

“What do you want?” Yuto asked as Ryosuke picked up Arisa in bridal style.

“I want to talk to your father. I wanted to talk to Nakajima Keisuke about the illegal experiment.” Chinen replied calmly.