Chapter 3

A Strong Rivalry

"Just like that last time.."  Kim Bum said as they stood in silence.

"We should go."  Seung Hun said breaking the silence as he tried to usher him out.

"We cant leave her in there.  At least act like a decent human being-" Seung Hun interrupted.

"What about you."  Seung hun said slightly angry now.  Kim Bum looked at him confused.

"Asking her to do errrands for you all last night. Do you know how tired she is? And now this?  Its always your fault Kim Bum.  It has ALWAYS been your fault"  Seung Hun said.

then kim bum had flashbacks to where his parents and his 'friends' told him, *its your fault.*  * why do you always make mistakes?* *its ALWAYS your fault* Kim Bum clutched his head as the memories flooded in then they passed.  He looked up at Seung Hun, "What did you say?"  Then the door opened.

Seung Hun turned around securely putting Kim Bum behind him if the gangster guys were there but it was So Eun.  She was limping as her bottom lip was bleeding, a bruise on her cheek and a few cuts on her forehead.  

"Wow... That big one... was tough."  She said looking at Seung Hun, then she gave him that goofy smile that she always gave him whenever she wanted to seem strong, wanted to seem like she wasnt hurting.

"You made it out."  Seung Hun said not trying to look worried. though he secretly was.

"Dont underestimate my skills."  She said as she stopped smiling and limped over to them.

Kim Bum walked from behind Seung Hun and stared at what a mess she was.  he widened his eyes, "Where are they?!  I'll mess them up-"

"Its okay.  Theyre done.  The security guards took them away."  She said standing up straight tho it was slightly difficult to, "You're safe now sir."

"What?..."

"Hmm?"  She asked curious.

"Why??.  Shouldve just let me deal with them!-"

"That would go against the bodyguard guidelines."  She simply said.  Kim Bum blinked confused by her reply.

"We have to always protect the protectee from any kind of harm that may come to him.  Anything more to say?"  So Eun asked with a blank expression.

"Huh?.. Uhh-"

"Good.  Then we'll drop you off sir."  She said as she limped over to the car.  Seung Hun went to the drivers seat as she opened the back door for Kim Bum.

"Im not a little kid. i can open the door by myself-"

"Then stop acting like one."  She said simply as she ushered him, bewildered, inside the car.  She shut the door then limped to her seat in the front.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LOOK AT THIS!"  Lee sunbae yelled at them the next morning in his office.  Everyone could hear from the other room.

"We're sorry sir."  So Eun apologized with her head down.

"Didnt you care to see if there were secret paparazzis??  Now Kim Bum is going to have to deal with ANOTHER scandal!"  Lee sunbae yelled talking about the bar fight.

"It'll never happen again sir."  Seung Hun said.

"You're right it wont.. You two are suspended."  Lee sunbae said.

"What?"  So Eun looked up devestated.

"I dont know for how long but.. Hurry up and get these reports done in the other room."  Lee sunbae said and they knew there was nothing more to say.

Then they bowed and left the room.  Everyone hurried to act like theyve been focused on their work the whole entire time.

So Eun sighed as Seung Hun simply walked off to the other room.

"H-Hey.  Wait for me!"  She said as she followed him into a room where it was empty and had a big long table with chairs in the middle.

They started on the reports.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Kim Bum eyed the two veerrryyy carefully.  They were two nervous men who havent gotten a bodyguard assignment yet.

"So youre telling me they got suspended."  Kim Bum asked.  The two nodded.

"yes sir.  We dont know how long for."  

"Hm... k... Take me to your boss or whatever."  Kim Bum said as they were about to say something.  But he went back inside the car.  They had no choice but to drive him.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Mr. Kim Bum-"

"Wheres those two?"  Kim Bum asked as he stood in front of Lee sunbae in his office.

"THey have been suspended im guessing your two new bodyguards have told you."  Lee sunbae said.

"Right... Well.. Where ARE they?"  He asked.  Lee sunbae sighed and told him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Are you okay?"  Seung Hun asked all of a sudden after the silence.  They were doing their reports.

"Hm?  What do you mean?"  She asked confused looking up at him.  He was simply looking down at his reports.

"I meant your face."  He said.

"Huh?  Oh yea im fine."  So Eun said as she looked back down, then she suddenly snapped her head back up.  "Wait a minute... Did you just ask me if i was okay?"  She asked a sly smile creeping up.

Seung Hun ignored her.

"You SOOO did!"  She said smiling at him, "Does that mean you... careee about me?"  

Seung Hun looked up this time, "Youre annoying.  Get back to work."  Then he looked back down.

So Eun's expression turned sour, "Fine fine... Whatever.."  She then went back to work.

Kim Bum was listening onto their conversation and for some reason he was feeling an unknown anger rising up inside of him he let out a breath of air then burst into the room.

So Eun and Seung Hun both looked at him as he faced the both of them.  They stood up and bowed.

"Sir."  So Eun said.

"2 days."  He simply said.

So Eun looked up at him, "Excuse me?"

"2 days and you already got suspended. its a joke really. make sure you turn in your registration letter."  Kim Bum simply said as he sat down in a chair and looked at a report they did.

So Eun looked uncomfortably back down as she was getting angry.  Seung hun as always had no expression on his face.

"Well.. i dont blame you not everyone can handle me.  Though you tried pretty hard."  He then set the report down and looked at them, "Thats why you can still work for me."  They looked at him confused.

"Dont have to thank me-"

"Wasnt planning on."  So Eun interrupted.  Then Kim Bum looked at her confused, "What did you-"

"We got suspended not because we couldnt handle you but because we couldnt handle the situation."  So Eun simply said.

Kim Bum heaved a sigh as he looked at her, "Youre a complete man you know that right?"

"A woMAN yes."  She said.

He looked away then looked up.  He fully noticed the scars now, "Hey.. Your face."

"Is completely alright."  She said.

"Then why are there scars?"

So Eun looked at him, "Of course there would be scars.  Scratches dont go away in a day."  

He sighed again taking time to say what he wanted, "Look.. im... well.. i was kinda tipsy-"

"Drunk."  She corrected him.

"Okay... Well.. you got beat up cause of me and... well... since its my fault.. i just wanted to say..... SORRY. okay im sorry!"  He said quickly.  Seung Hun simply stood there with no expression.

So Eun simply stood there looking at him with no expression as well.

"Arent you gonna say something?  I mean i apologized!"  Kim Bum said.  So eun eyed him as she opened to speak, 'Why?"

"Huh?"  He asked confused.

"why do you have to be sorry?" So Eun asked.

"Well.. because-"

"Mr. Kim Bum.  Its our job to protect you as bodyguards 24/7.  Scars like these should happen if were doing our job right."  She said still with no expression.

"What do you mean?"  Kim Bum asked confusion written all over his face.

"Im saying its not your fault."  And as she said these words Kim Bum's eyes widened *Its not your fault.*  That was the first time he ever heard those words.

Then she began to sit down and finish up her reports with Seung Hun but he cut in.

"So.... Youre serious?  Its not my fault?"  He asked thinking this was too good to be true.

"If it was your fault, i wouldnt be sitting here calmly would i?  I would scream and yell at you then beat you to a bloody pulp."  She said simply.

Kim Bum then somehow felt a little giddy inside.

Before he could say anything she said more, "Now if you would excuse us we need to finish these reports."  She said and that was his cue to leave.  Kim Bum didnt care how emotionless So Eun was when she said those words.  They made the biggest impact.  He then left the room and smiled as he stood right behind the door thinking of what she said.

*Its not my fault...*  He smiled then went on.