Chapter 2

A Strong Rivalry

There were now whispers and clicks of cameras as everyone realized that it was the kim bum.

Seung Hun noticed as he walked on over to Kim Bum into their vehicle.  So Eun helped.  This whole time Kim Bum was still in shock.  Staring at Seung Hun.

IT was awkward nd silent in the car, so So Eun spoke, "I'm truly sorry for my actions Mr. Kim Bum."

Kim Bum then snapped out of it as he smirked, "Its gonna take a lot more than an apology."  So Eun sneered as she heard this.

"But wait... My bodyguards??"  

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"WHAT?! I dont need any babysitters!"  Kim Bum yelled at Lee sunbae who tried to calm him down.

"I understand.. but your parents requested this-"

"Well i unrequest it."  Kim Bum said.

**********************************************************

"His grmmar is as bad as his personality."  So Eun vented as they were waiting right outside the room.  She looked up at Seung Hun who seemed dazed.

"Heyyyyyyy, Mr. know it all."  She said as she waved a hand in front of his face.  He snapped out of it as he slightly glanced at her.

"Are you okay?"

"YOu should be worrying about yourself.  After that incident, He might tell sunbae."

She glared at him once again, "And here i was trying to be nice.."

*********************************************************

"I'm sorry but your parents are our bosses-"  Lee Sunbae said.  

Kim Bum then angrily walked out of the room slamming the door behind him.  He then turned around and angrily faced So Eun and Seung Hun.

"Fine... So this is how you want to play it... Okay. YOU!"  He said pointing  finger at So Eun who became attentive.

"Let's just erase today's incident if you quit.  We'll act as if nothing happened."

"I'm sorry sir i cannot do that."  She said.

"Okay... Lets see how long you can pull through with this.. I'm a tough guy you know.  I'll give you a hell of a time. THREE DAYS."  He put up 3 fingers eyeing the both of them , "Let's see how you do in 3 Days and if you cant handle it, you stay out of my business."  Then he put all his attention on Seung Hun, "... Ok?.... Hyung."  He said sarcastically.  So Eun was confused but stepped in.

"Wait a minute.  We cant just agree to your childish games-"

"Okay."  Seung Hun said, "On the condition that if we succeed you have to consent to all of this."

Kim Bum smirked, "Same as ever... always overly confident... I'll break that shell you've created... once and for all.."  He said with anger as he walked away in  huff.

"What was that about?"  So Eun asked as Seung Hun wasnt paying any attention to him.

She wanted to ask if they knew each other but So eun knew better than to meddle into another's affairs.

"What are you doing? We have to follow him."  He said as he walked off.

"Right."  SHe said as she hurriedly followed along.

"Where did he go?"  As they reached the parking lot So Eun asked looking around.  Then there were the sounds of engines as they saw a car coming at them.

She widened her eyes as they both jumped out of the way.  The car then abruptly stopped as Kim Bum opened the window and smiled at them waving, 'Thanks for the car.  I need to get my own anyway from the plaza."  He then went off at top speed.

"YAH!!!  What a jerk.."  So Eun sighed then she looked next to her, "We have to follow him!" She ran off but Seung Hun stopped her, "We need another car."

"\too long.  the plaza isnt far from here so we need to run and fast."  She said as she started running.  Seung Hun looked off at her nd then ran along.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"AIsh!!! That bastard!!!"  She yelled out as they found their car but it had messages scrawled on the windows.

*Meeeerrrroonnngggg.  Catch me if you can.*  ANd so on.

"Hurry."  Seung Hun said as they boarded the car.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Knock knock knock.*  So Eun knocked a couple more times and finally the door opened.

"AIsh what do you wnt?!"  Kim Bum yelled as he eyed the two standing there.

So Eun was about to speak but Kim Bum cut her off, "I'm tired alright? come back later when i need you."  Then he closed the door on them.

So Eun angrily let out a sigh as she raised a fist and pretended like she was punching him.

"Unbelievable!"  She let out.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was already 10pm and time for the agency to close as everyone was dismissed.

"Ugh.. i'm so tired... Never have i once met such a childish 27 year old."  She said partially tlking to Seung Hun who was walking a little behind her.

"Hey you wanna get some soju?  IT would be soo nice and refreshing-"

"I have to get home.  I'll see you tomorrow."  He said as he walked off.

"Tch... whatever.."  She said as she also decided to go home.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*RRIINNNGGG*  So Eun's phone rang as she instinctively grabbed it and answered.

"mm.. Hello.."  She said half asleep.

"Hey.  I'm hungry can you get me some kimbab?"  a voice rang.

"Who is this??..."  She asked groggily.

"Are you sure you're a bodyguard?"  The voice asked as So Eun's eyes widened and she sat up straight, "Mr. Kim Bum!"

"Let me repeat my self.. Get me some kimbab."  He said annoyingly.

"Kimbab?  IN 12 in the morning?"  So Eun asked annoyed as she checked her watch.

"Unless you wann give up this bodygurd thing i suggest you get me some kimbab."

".. Yes sir..."  She said as she hung up the fone and got out of bed.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Eun stopped by a convenience store and bought kimbab and on her way to his house (riding a bike) her fone rang.  She stopped her bike as she answered it.

"Yes sir im bringing the kimbab right now-"

"Its fine i'm not hungry anymore.  But thnks."  He said then he hung up..  So Eun angrily looked at the fone, "That jerk.... Imma kill him..."  Then she heavily sighed and rode back home which took about 30 minutes.  Then as she was about to fall back to sleep the fone rang once more.

"Hello?  Sir?  Do you need anything?"  So Eun asked.

"Yea hey i want the kimbab now."  He said, "Bring it to me right now."  Then he hung up.

She sighed as she got up, "Yes sir..."  SHe said sarcastically as she got the kimbab and rode once again this time making it to his house.

She knocked on the door as he opened it, "You know theres a doorbell?"

"Oh right.. sorry forget about those things."  She said as she lifted up the kimbab.

"Your kimbab."  She handed it to him as he took it and smirked.

"You think i'd want this?  took you abour 30 minutes to get it to me."  he said purposely making this hard on her.

"Sorry sir. I'll buy you another-"

He then threw the kimbab on the ground as she looked down at the waste and looked up at him angrily.

"What?  are you angry?"  He mocked her as she breathed heavily to keep her cool, "a bodyguard should rush over here instead of taking her sweet time.  If you have any complaints no one is forcing you to do this."  He smirked.

She was silent as she breathed in and out, then she looked up at him, "Of course sir."  He stopped smirking not expecting this answer.

"I'll do better next time."  Then she bent down to pick up the kimbab and trash and went on her way.

"Whats up with her?"  He wondered as he went back inside.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Seung Hun entered the office and as he usually is the earliest one there he was surprised to see So Eun sitting on her desk.

"You're here early."  He said as he went to sit on the desk back across from her.  When she didnt say anything he looked over to her.

"Yah.  Kim So Eun."  He then patted her shoulder, "So Eun-"

"What?!"  She abruptly woke up as she looked at him shocked, "Gosh.. dont scare me like thta Seung Hun..."

"You look tired."  He said.

"Yea.. THat stupid jerk kept calling me up at night making me do errands for him."  She said irritated.

"Even so.. Its our job. And you shouldnt be sleeping at work."  He said with no pity for her as she glared at him.

"YOu irritate me too SONG SEUNG HUN."  She said clearly.  Then other bodyguards came in and Lee Sunbae finally arrived.

"Kim Bum has stated that he only needs you, Seung Hun and So Eun, today at 10pm." He stated.

"Yes sir."  THey both said in unison.  Lee sunbae nodded as we went off to his office room.

"Hey.  Isnt it weird that he isnt bothering us?" So Eun wonder-asked to Seung Hun as he was typing up reports.

"Kim Bum probably has more in store for us so better be on guard."  Seung Hun said still typing.

"hm.."  She wondered as she went back to her computer. "Hold on... Where did he say to meet him?"

Seung Hun didnt say anything but they both knew... they'd have to look for him.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

8:00PM:

"OHhh gooshh.."  So Eun yawned after finishing up her reports, "I'm soo tired.."  SHe laid down her head as she was about to drift off into complete bliss until

*SLAP*  Seung Hun lightly slapped her on her head as she lifted her head and glared at him, "Ugh.. Its you."

"Did you forget?  We're supposed to meet Kim Bum at 10."  Seung Hun said in thta same old monotonous tone.

"Ughhh... right... we hve to look for him.... gaaahhhh."  She then stood up groggily as they both left for the car.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

9:30PM:

"You have GOT to be kidding me."  So Eun said angrily as they were driving around looking for Kim Bum.

"Once i get to that guy i'm gonna clobber him. Making us look for him for almost two hours already."  So Eun said.

"Keep in your temper and keep looking for him."  Seung Hun said simply.

"I know i know.."  She said as she kept looking, she wasnt about to let some brat ruin her dreams.  She's already made it this far and shes not about to give up cause of kim bum.

Then all of a sudden a familiar figure was there walking into a club with colorful lights.  He had a girl on his arm and as he turned his head to flirt with her So Eun widened her eyes.

"stop the car!  I see him!"  So Eun said suddenly as Seung Hun hurriedly parked the car nearby the club.

"Where?"  Seung Hun asked then he spotted the club.  They both then ran up to the club as a security guard went up to them.

"May i help you?"  He asked as he saw their weird attire, which were two suits and they each both had earpieces.

"We want to get inside."  So Eun said.

"Dressed like that?"  The security guard said his eyebrow raised.

So Eun slightly rolled her eyes, "Just get us in."

"I.Ds."  He said and they both showed their ids to him.  He let them in and they ran inside.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

INSIDE THE CLUB:

There was loud music, crowds and crowds of people and to top it off it was dark.

"You look this way i'll look the other."  So Eun said as they both split up looking for him.

Seung Hun scanned the bars at the dance floor as So Eun searched the booths.  So Eun then wandered about to the elegant bathrooms and saw Kim Bum..... making out with that same girl (the girl from the store and the girl on his arm).

So Eun blushed as she never really saw something like this happen before.  Then she repeated the bodyguard guidelines.. *1. always protect the protectee no matter what happens.. 2. keep a one meter distance away from your protectee... one meter... on meter...* She had to get a little closer but she felt tht she would disturb them.. So Eun tried taking a few steps forwrd but couldnt, so she held her ground looking very uncomfortable.

The girl he was making out with then noticed So Eun and curiously stared at her.  As Kim Bum noticed this he turned around looking at So Eun, "So you came? Didnt even think you could find me."

So Eun looked up at him still uncomfortable, "We.. saw you walking into the club."

Kim Bum then stepped away from the girl, "I'm done with you. you can go."  The girl looked confused as she looked at him.

"leave."  He said.  The girl had  few tears in her eyes and she was about to protest but knew instead that he would simply say leave again.  So she ran out.

She ran past So Eun who was starting to get more and more pissed off, *how dare he do that to tht poor girl.*

"So You found me."  Kim Bum said walking up to So Eun. "Where's seung hun? huh? didnt care enough for me to come along too?"  So Eun could smell alcohol and thought it best for her to just wait oustide the bathroom.

"He's here too.  I'll contact him right awy.." Then she started walking away but Kim Bum grabbed her arm and pushed her against the wall.  He had both his hands on either side of her body leaning in so she cant escape.

"Why not?  Let's have some fun."  Kim Bum said smirking as he looked at So Eun's wide eyes.  She was getting angrier by the second.

"You're the same right? Liking guys for looks and for money.  This will be easy for you.  Women.. all shallow and easy.. not knowing their place in this world."  Kim Bum said still smirking.

So Eun burned inside, "What did you say?"

"Thats all women are good for... entertainment and enjoyment and then once they get boring, they get thrown away.  Easy.  all too easy."  He said, "Isnt that the same for you?!"  He started yelling all of a sudden.

"Women... ALL OF YOU ARE THE SAME! ONLY CARE ABOUT MONEY HUH?! DOnt you?!! LOOKS AND MONEY!"  

So Eun then squinted her eyes a little bit at him thinkiing all of this as ridiculous, "Does it matter?"

Kim Bum looked at her confused by her reply.

"Whether im the same as all other women or not, does it matter?"  So Eun said anger in her eyes, "I'm here to serve as your bodyguard, nothing more. So your judgement on whether or not im the same as every other women does not apply here."  

Kim Bum started widening his eyes at her answer, confused still.

"And while youre here yelling at me about your personal problems, i honestly do not care.  All i care about is your safety because that is my job.  THAT is all i am here for.  I'm not here for you to yell or blme me for things you think i do.  And while i'm here talking to you about this, you dont know anything personal about me.  ANd the same goes for me.  All our relationship will ever be is business, the protectee and the protector, that is all.  Shallow and easy?"  She continued on as Kim Bum started to snap out of it, "As ive said before dont act like you know me because you dont and you  never will.  Are we clear?"

Kim Bum then slowly took his hands off the wall, "Youre opposite..."  He mumbled dazed a bit.

Seung Hun was standing there this whole time and finally he spoke up, "Mr. Kim Bum."  Kim Bum then slowly turned around and eyed Seung Hun, "Wht the hell do you want now?..."

"You wanted us to meet you here at 10pm."  Seung Hun said.

"Whtever you guys can leave. leave me bee!"  He said slightly tipsy.

"We shall you out."  So Eun said as she took his arm and put it around her shoulder.

"I said levve!!!"  He yelled out as Seung Hun took his other arm.  They almost made it safely across the club but Kim Bum acted up again.

"AISHH!"  He yelled as he flailed bout and accidentally knocked a drink onto  big musicular, gangster looking man's shirt.

"AIISHH!"  The man repeated, "look what you did you bastard!"  

"Hey.. Its no big deal.."  Kim Bum said "Hey it looks even better with the stain."  So Eun widened her eyes as the man got angry.

"What the hell did you say?? YOu better watch yourself."

"Hey! I'm KIM BUM. SO no YOU watch yourself."

"Tch.. Kim Bum? Oh yea that spoiled rich kid-"

"Hey! SHut up fatso!"  Kim Bum yelled.

"Why you little!"

"Please excuse him.  He's a little tipsy right now."  So Eun explained.  But the man stood up with three of his stooges.

"Oh wat is this?  The 4 stooges?"  Kim Bum laughed at his own joke as the 4 of them grew angrier.

"Run."  So Eun whispered.  Seung Hun didnt need to be told twice.  He held Kim Bums arm as all three of them ran with the 4 "gangsters' chasing after them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were close on their tail as they ran downstairs to a hallway where it would soon reach the underground parking lots where they parked.

"ugh!"  So Eun let out as they were having trouble hauling Kim Bum away who was slowly snapping out of it.

"Did i just say all that to that fatso?"  He asked confused.

"Ugh!!"  She yelled even more.  Then they reached a door and as they went through So Eun stayed behind.  Seung Hun and Kim Bum looked back at her.

"Go!"  she yelled but they kept staring at her, "i said GO!"  Then she slammed the door shut.  

Seung Hun then grabbed Kim Bum and kept running as Kim Bum widened his eyes.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Tch... a girl?"  The big one said.  "Take care of her guys."

So Eun went into her fighting stance as they were circling her.

"AHH!!"  They yelled as they ran after her.  But she was successfully able to dodge their fists and land a kick and so on them.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"LET GO!"  Kim Bum yelled as he threw Seung Hun off.  They successfully made it into the parking lot.

"The hell do you think youre doing?!  She could die in there!"  He yelled at him.

"This is her job.  She knows what shes doing."  Seung Hun said.

"Arent we going to help her?"  Kim Bum asked bewildered.

"After i drop you off ill come back here and see if she needs help."  Seung Hun said simply.

"Tch..."  Kim Bum said half shocked and half knowingly, "You're the same... Never caring about others. only caring about yourself... You selfish bastard!"  He yelled as Seung Hun didnt flinch.

"Just like that last time..."  Kim Bum finished off as they stood there in silence.