Chapter 1

A Strong Rivalry

NO ONE'S POV:

*This is it... This is finally it... I'm finally going to be... An Official Bodyguard!!!*  So Eun thought to herself as she smiled big, looking at her reflection in the bathroom mirror.

"YEESSS!!!!!"  She yelled with her fist in the air jumping around in circles.

"Are you done yet?" A man's voice asked in a bored tone.  So Eun stopped abruptly surprised as she saw Song Seung Hun coolly standing there leaning against the doorway with his arms crossed.

"W-What do you think you're doing in here?! its the woman's bathroom!" She yelled whilst stuttering.

He simply stood straight up and walked up to her, "Does it matter?  You're the only one that uses it."  So Eun had an angry expression on her face (as she always does when she sees Seung Hun).

"Yea but i'm still a woman and i need my privacy!"  She yelled some more, "What? You dont even see me as a woman anymore???"  He simply checked his watch as she went on and on and on.

"You listen to me-"

"The ceremony is going to start soon."  He said bored.

She checked her watch and gasped, "Its starting in a few minutes!  We have to go!"  She yelled as she ran past him.  He very slightly rolled his eyes as he casually walked out after her.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"And last but not least, Ms. Kim So Eun!"  All the now official bodyguards (not too many of them but a mediocre amount of  now official bodyguards) clapped as So Eun stepped onto the slightly raised platform and up to her superior, Lee sunbae.

She had a slight smile on her face as she bowed politely and poised.  She then recieved her  "diploma" and walked back down the stage back to her seat next to Seung Hoon.

So Eun couldnt help but to giggle a bit as she smiled big looking at her paper.

"Already losing your poise?"  Seung Hun whisperasked while still looking up at the platform where Lee Sunbae was making a final congratulations speech.

"What did you say?"  So Eun asked angrily as she looked at him.  Still looking towards the stage Seung Hun spoke, "This is why I say women are no good..  Losing your poise is not etiquette here.  You should act more serious as you're now an official bodyguard.  Acting like a little giddy child is ridiculous."

So Eun opened appalled at him but nothing came out since Lee Sunbae interrupted her.

"This is going to be tough work but i believe all of you here today will do a great job! Congratulations!"  He ended as everyone clapped, not showing how happy they are.

So Eun gave a death glare to Seung Hun who didnt seem to notice.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Kim Bum??" A girls voice asked as she woke up from her sleep.

A man then came out of a room dressed in a blue dress shirt and jeans.  He was that cute kinda handsome.  He smirked at the girl.

"Oh i thought you left me."  She said seductively as she held the blanket to cover up her body and walked towards him.  She tried to kiss him as they were right in front of each other but Kim Bum pulled his face away and walked past her still buttoning up his shirt.

"It was fun last night.  You can leave now."  He said coldly.

"What?"

"You really didnt think i was gonna be in a serious relationship with you."  Kim Bum said smiling at her as he turned around.  THe girl was confused.

"Oh i thought-"

"But see now you got to sleep with THE Kim Bum.  Go ahead and brag to everyone about the experience."  He said smiling.

"Oh.. I guess."  The girl smiled, completely played.

He kept smiling as he walked up to her, "Here's your clothes, you can leave after putting them on.  Dont worry about locking the door.  It automatically locks." He then left as the girl looked at him dreamily.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Ringgggg*  Kim Bum took his cellphone out his jeans.

"Hello?"

"Kim Bum! Son. How are you doing?"  A woman's voice rang.

"I'm fine mom."  He said bored, "What do you want now?"

"Just wanted to check up on you."  She said warmly.

"What?  After 6 months?"  He asked coldly.  He could care less about his parents.

"You know how busy we are-"

"Yea yea so what do you want?  You wouldnt call without having an objective." Kim Bum said.

THere was silence then finally she spoke, "I was worried about you this whole time Kim Bum.. I mean last time a strange girl picked up the phone.. i mean what i'm trying to say is... we're well known therefore you are-"

"Yea i know get to the point."  He said as he got into his car ready to put in the keys.

"Well... Maybe you need protection.. against anyone who tries to harm you or .. you know.. against any hormonal girls..."

"Youre kidding... Mom i'm 27 years old and i can take care of myself. A LOT better than you can. So BYE."  He hung up before she could say anymore and sighed.  He sat in the chair for a few seconds in silence then started the engine and drove off.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"and and and i'm the ONLY girl to hve passed!!"  So Eun said as there was a small desk light on a small circular desk table.  She was talking to a picture with a man and a woman smiling happily.

"I'm so glad.. It's all cause of you guys!  You're the best mom and dad!"  She said smiling with two thumbs up.  Then she checked her watch, "Oh man its already this late... Duty tomorrow morning, cant be late for my first day."  

SHe smiled even bigger, "Good night mom, dad.  I'll see you tomorrow morning."  Then she turned off the light and went to sleep on the floor with just a sheet to cover the ground, a thin blanket and  pillow.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So Eun slowly opened her eyes as a small ray of light came through the small window near the ceiling.  She sighed still happy about passing.  Then she looked at her side at her parents' picture.

"Good morning."  She said warmly.  Then she sat up and looked at her watch. 8:00!

"Holy mother of a-"  She couldnt finish as she quickly put on her suit nd her badge and got ready.  She couldnt even eat breakfast because she had to be at the agency in ten minutes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Song Seung Hun."  Lee Sunbae read off.

"Yes sir."  He said standing next to the other bodyguards that were chosen under Lee Sunbae.

"Kim So Eun."  He read off next.  No reply.

"Kim So Eun."  He repeated then he looked aorund.

"Where is Kim So eun?"  He asked rhetorically as every guy looked around nervously not knowing what to say.  Lee Sunbae sighed.

"HERE!  HERE! I'm here!"  So Eun yelled as she burst inside the office.

The guys slightly giggled as Lee Sunbae eyed her, "8:12.. I dont know if you take this seriously or not.. but we always begin right at 8:10."

"Yes sir.. It will never happen again."  So Eun said bowing slightly, in shame.

"I hope not.. For your sake."  He said angrily as she nodded slightly.

"Okay then!"  He turned towards everyone now, "Since everyone is finally assembled let me tell you how this works.  I get to choose which of you get to be bodyguards for whoever calls in for protection.  IF you are not chosen you will be doing office work, typing up reports, making copies, investigating, etc.  Of course we will not have practice exercises cause you've already been through that.  From now on it is the real deal.  I expect every and each one of you to be attentive and serious.." on that note he glanced at So Eun who had her head down, "about this."  EVeryone nodded instantly and said "Yes Sir."

"Good... Now.. We have one assignment that i have recieved from, Mr. And Mrs. Kim, the two very famous authors, if not the most famous."  Everyone was attentive.

"They of right now live in Australia working on their latest project and it is going to take a while.  They have a son, 27 years old, who lives in Korea.  I'm sure you've heard of him too, Kim Bum, the boy who lives in that expensive chateau and keeps getting into scandals.  It's been a few months and they believe with the amount of trouble he is getting himself into, he needs protection from us."  EVeryone was still attentive.

He paused as he eyed each and everyone of them, "Kim So Eun!"

"Yes sir!" She said standing tall.

"Song Seung Hun."

"Sir."  He said.

"You two will serve as Mr. Kim Bum's bodyguards."  Lee Sunbae said as So Eun glanced at Seung Hun wide eyed.  Seung Hun had no expression on his face.

"You two come meet me in my room.  The others go to your designated desks and wait for my instructions."  Everyone obeyed nd did as told.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"You two better not mess this up."  Lee sunbae warned, "Show me you can do a better job."  He said to So Eun as she bowed.

"Good.  THis is Kim Bum's address, go there now and start fast.  I must remind you that your duty as bodyguards are 24/7 WHENEVER he needs you, you go and abandon whatever you are doing at that moment.  Is that clear?"

"Yes sir."  They said in unison.  Lee Sunbae nodded as they took their leave.

"First job..."  She repeated to herself.

"Stop talking to yourself."  Seung Hun simply said as she glared at him.

"I'm so unlucky... having to be paired with you-"

"Same here. but as long as we are partners, i want to remind you that this isnt something that you put halfhearted amount of effort into.  Its serious."  So Eun stopped as he did as well.

"I'm not some kind of a child.  I know what's serious nd what's not-"

"THen prove it."  He said looking at her with no expression, "And dont make that same mistake that you did this morning."

"I dont know about you but everyone mkes mistakes.  Its how you finish that matters not how you start.  And i put 110% into everything i do, so dont even start with me."  So Eun said.

Seung Hun was silent as he simply looked at her then spoke, "This is why women wont do... How you finish is just as important as how you start..  The starting point determines what kind of a person you are.  You need to start off well to finish well."  Then he walked off.

"My-! Ugh!! Keep it in So Eun... Keep it in.."  She whispered to herself to calm her down as she glared at his back.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*Knock Knock*

"I dont think he's here."  So Eun said.

"Then we have to look for him."  Seung Hun simply said as he started to walk off.

"Wait what?  But where would we start off?  We dont even know where he hangs out usually-"

"Seoul distritct plaza."  Seung Hun simply stated as he went into the car.

"How did you..."  So eun was confused but followed along.  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"YOu look in tht direction, i'll look in this."  He said as he went off without hearing her reply.  So Eun didnt argue and went in the other direction.

INSIDE  STORE:

"Wow.. You're very pretty."  Kim Bum said smiling as he took his sunglasses off.  THe cash register girl blushed as she nervously smiled.

"Wanna go grab a drink sometime?"  He asked with his killer smile.

She giggled, "Sure.."

"Great. I'll meet you at the club tomorow later.  10pm."  THen he left without hearing her reply, he knew she would come.

"Ugh.. Having to resort to ugly women like that.. Whatever, they're all easy."  THen he put his sunglasses back on nd started walking  along until somebody bumped him.

"Oh i'm so sorry!"  So Eun yelled as she accidentally bumped into a man.  His clothes fell out of his shopping bags onto the dirty ground.

She tried to help with the clothes but he simply yelled at her.

"Hey!  Watch where you're going!"  Kim Bum said angrily.

"It's fine see they're not dirty.  I'm really truly sorry-"

"They're ruined!!"  He yelled at her.  So Eun kept in her temper as she handed him the clothes but he knocked them out of her hand.

"Pay for them."

"What did you say to me?"  SHe asked now very angry.

"I said pay!  They were expensive!"  Kim Bum yelled at her even more.

"There's not even a splotch of dirt on them!  Give it a freaking rest!"  She yelled back.

"What did you say?!"  Kim Bum said furious. 'Why you little-"  He pointed his finger at her and then So Eun took tht hand and twisted it behind his back while he writhed in pain on one knee.  By this time there was a small crowd witnessing all this.

"I already apologized."  She said as he whined in pain.

"Ah!  Let go you idiot!"  He yelled.

"wht?! IDIOT?!"  She held on tighter as he yelled in pain.

"So Eun!"  Seung Hun's voice rang as she looked up at him, his eyes slightly wide, "What are you doing?!"

"Teaching this jerk a lesson he'll never forget."  She said still holding on.

"Let him go!" 

"Wait a second. You're not the boss of me!-" 

"I said let him go!"  Seung Hun yelled angrily as So Eun kept quiet then slowly let him go, "Geez.. Sensitive much?"  She whispered to herself.

Then Kim Bum shook his arm to relieve the pain.  Then he took off his sunglasses and pointed them at So Eun, "I can sue you you know!"

So Eun then widened her eyes, *Oh crap... Kim Bum...* wide.

"yea get scared you little-"

"Mr. Kim Bum."  Seung Hun's voice rang as Kim Bum angrily turned to look at him.  Kim Bum's eyes widened as he saw Seung Hun... THe one hyung he hasnt seen in years appearing in front of him at the Seoul district plaza.

Seung Hun bowed as if nothing happened, "I'm sorry for my partner's actions, she's rather clumsy and hot headed so please excuse her."

"W-What are you doing here?"  Kim Bum asked half shocked and half angry.

"We are your bodyguards."  So Eun said as she snapped out of her shock, then she bowed, "I'm so sorry sir.. I was just in a panic.."

Kim Bum could care less about her right now as he kept his focus on Seung Hun who showed no expression at all.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------