Chapter 34

Teach Me How To Love

 

Jieun closed the message and put the phone back. That night she cried herself to sleep. As she woke up the next morning her eyes were red and puffy. She looked around and saw that Myungsoo’s side was empty but his phone was still there where she left it. Jieun sat up and sighed when someone pushed the door open. Myungsoo walked in with a tray in his hands.

“Oh you’re awake?” He smiled at her.

“W-What is this?” Jieun asked surprised.

“Breakfast for my princess.” Myungsoo said and sat down next to her, the tray on his lap.

“Baby, you’re eyes are all red and puffy. Didn’t you sleep?” Myungsoo asked as he softly her cheek.

“Nightmares… Again.” Jieun faked a smile.

“Let’s forget them and start with breakfast. I got up pretty early to make this… Some of the toasts are burned though.” He sighed.

Jieun chuckled slightly.

“I like burned toasts.” She lied with a smile.

Jieun started to eat and Myungsoo watched her.

“Don’t watch me eating. It’s uncomfortable.” She said as she bid a bit of her toast.

“Okay, okay, I’m leaving.” He smiled and got up while taking his phone.

“I’m downstairs, if you need anything just call me.” He said as he walked out.

“Okay.” Jieun’s voice cracked and tears swelled up in her eyes.

She tried hard to hold her tears back when her phone rang. She caught before answering.

“Hello?”

“Jieun? It’s me, Joe.” His voice comforted her kind of.

“Oh, hey Joe. What’s up?” She caught again.

“Fine, you? You sound sick… Are you okay?”

“I-I’m fine.” She said.

Did L.Joe know about Mina and Myungsoo meeting up? If not then as a best friend she should tell him, right?
She let out a sigh.

“You sure that you’re fine?” L.Joe asked again.

“Yes, pretty sure.  Hey uhm Joe?”

“Yes?”

“Can we…. Meet up today?” Jieun bit her lips.

“Sure! I was about to ask you the same thing!” She heard him slightly chuckling.

“Should I pick you up?” He asked.

“It’s fine. Let’s meet up at the café in Hongdae in an hour.” She told him and hung up.

Then she took the tray and walked downstairs to the kitchen. She passed the living room and saw Myungsoo watching TV. Was that really the boy who was cheating on her? She sighed and walked into the kitchen and placed the tray next to the sink.

“Jieun?” She heard Myungsoo’s voice.

She turned around and saw him standing at the door.

“Are you okay?” He walked closer to her.

“I-I’m fine.” She took a few steps back until she hit the sink with her back.

“You looked so lost in your thoughts for a minute.” He came closer.

Jieun looked down and saw his phone in his hands. Did he notice that she read the message? Probably.

“Myungsoo, I-“ She started but didn’t know what she should say.

Should she say ‘Well Myungsoo, I saw the message last night and I know you’re cheating on me’?

“Jieun, did-“ But his phone started to ring and both of them startled.

He looked at the caller ID and answered it quickly.

“Dad?” He asked.

“I’m home, why?” Jieun watched him.

“Okay, I’ll be over in a while.” He sighed and hung up.

“I have to go now… I’ll talk to you tonight.” He kissed her cheek and ran upstairs to get changed.

Then Jieun heard the external door shut and everything in the house became deadly silent.
Jieun walked out of the kitchen and walked upstairs to start changing. After around half an hour she was done. She took the bus to Hongdae. On her ride she thought about how to start the conversation with L.Joe.
At the bus stop she got out and walked towards the café. Before entering the shop she took a deep breath. She looked around but couldn’t find L.Joe so she decided to look upstairs. As she walked upstairs, she felt like throwing up but tried her best to hold it back. Once she was upstairs, she immediately spotted L.Joe sitting at the window. Next to him was a girl, clinging onto his arm – Mina. Jieun’s mood has been already bad and facing her now made everything worse, especially since she was clinging so much onto him.

“Jieun!” She saw L.Joe waving at her and took his arm away from Mina’s grip.

“Hey.” Jieun smiled slightly as she looked at L.Joe.

She didn’t greet Mina.

“Yeah, hi.” Mina rolled her eyes.

“So how are you?” L.Joe leaned in as he spoke to Jieun.

Mina took notice of that and started to pull on his pullover.

“I’m having a conversation right now. Can you please let my pullover go?!” L.Joe asked annoyed as he turned around towards Mina.

She scoffed and got up.

“I’ll be back.” She said and Jieun and L.Joe watched her going to the girl’s washroom.

“I’m sorry.” L.Joe said and Jieun turned around and looked at him.

“What do you mean?” She asked.

“Mina… She just came along… I wanted to be… Kinda alone with you.” He looked down.

“Let’s ditch her.” Jieun suddenly blurted out.

“What?” L.Joe looked up.

“Let’s ditch her.” She repeated.

“Are you serious?” L.Joe’s lips formed into a smile.

“Yes. Now or never. She’ll be back any minute and I can’t run.” Jieun looked towards the washroom.

Suddenly L.Joe grabbed her hand and they quickly walked downstairs and out of the shop. They walked into a tiny alley.

“I can’t believe I’m ditching my girlfriend with my ex.” L.Joe laughed still holding onto Jieun.

She had to smile. It was wrong but she felt happy and that’s what she needed now – love.
L.Joe’s phone rang. He looked at the ID and put it back into his jeans pocket.

“Mina?” Jieun asked and L.Joe nodded.

Jieun realized that she forgot her scarf in the café when they ran out and sighed.

“Here.” L.Joe took off his own scarf and put it around her neck as if he had read through her.

He then tightened his grip and smiled at her.
They walked for a while until they reached a metro station and walked down. They took a train and drove to the Han River.
Suddenly she remembered why she had met up with L.Joe and stopped walking.

“Jieun?” He turned around and looked at her.

“Joe… We have to talk.” Jieun said with a serious face.

“Okay, let’s sit down first.” He didn’t let her go and they sat down on some benches.

Jieun felt cold but didn’t complain.

“So what is it?” He asked her.

“It’s… It’s about Mina.” Jieun looked away.

“What is with her?”

“Do you know about her? Anything about her? Her past?” Jieun looked at L.Joe and took her hand slowly away.

“I…. Don’t know.” He looked at the river.

“The only thing I know is that you know her from Busan…” He looked back at her.

“Yeah… Well we’ve met in Busan once and well… She’s like a very old friend of Infinite… Except Woohyun of course.” She played nervously with her hands.

“S-So she knows them?”

“Yes… And…” Jieun couldn’t talk anymore because tears welled up in her eyes again.

“And?” L.Joe asked as he wiped her tears away.

“She’s Myungsoo’s ex.” She whispered and started to sob.

L.Joe who was wiping Jieun’s tears away stopped and looked at her.

“W-What?” He asked.

“She’s back to…. To get him!” Jieun put her forehead on L.Joe’s shoulder and sobbed louder.

L.Joe patted her back.

“It’s okay baby… It’s the past, Mina won’t do things like that.” He tried to comfort her.

“I-I saw a message last night on Myungsoo’s phone… Sent by Mina… They met up yesterday and she said something like ‘it was very unfortunate that Sunggyu caught us’. What does she mean with caught us? And why didn’t Sunggyu tell me?” Jieun looked at him with big, red, puffy eyes.

“Maybe he didn’t want to hurt you… Maybe he wanted to hide it because he wanted to protect you…” He said as he looked towards the river.

“Like me.” He whispered under his breath but Jieun didn’t hear him.

“But this is even worse!!! Joe! My husband is cheating on me with a ho- I mean your girlfriend! How can you not do anything?” She shook his arm.

“Jieun, calm down. Did you talk about this with Myungsoo?” He asked her.

“No. What am I supposed to say? ‘Why did you cheat on me with your ex? Why do you act like you love me when you don’t? Why don’t you just want a divorce so you can live happily with her?’ Joe, I don’t want a divorce! I…. Love him….” She cried into her palms.

“Shh~ baby, who said something about a divorce? Talk to him first…” L.Joe her hands.

“How Joe? Tell me how? The only thing I can do is to pretend that I never saw something and stay with him like a stupid person who knows that she’s being cheated on but can’t let go.”

It started to get dark and they started to head home.

“Don’t forget what I told you! Don’t cry and try to show him that you know about him and Mina… Maybe he’ll talk to you about it one day.”

“Or never.” Jieun sighed.

“Jieun-“

“Let’s go…” She said as she started to walk.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jieun unlocked the external door and walked in. The lights were .

“Baby?” Myungsoo walked out of the living room.

“Hey.” Jieun smiled slightly.

“Baby, where have you been? I was so worried about you! I called you but your phone was turned off.” He hugged her.

“The battery died…” She said as she hugged him back.

She loved his hugs. They were so warm and welcoming. His strong arms made her feel safe and secure. As if the world could end but nothing would happen to her as long as she felt his strong arms around her.

“Jieun, you’re crying.” He said shocked and Jieun realized that she quietly began to sob.

“Sorry, it’s just the… Moodswings!” She sobbed as she hid her face in his chest.

They stood there for a while hugging each other until Jieun calmed down.

“I’ll make some tea for us. Go inside and rest.” He whispered with a smile and kissed her forehead.

Jieun nodded and did as she was told. As she was about to lay down on the sofa she saw something sparkling on the little table in front of the sofa. Jieun picked it up and started to examine it. She couldn’t see clearly since the room was dark but it felt like a ring.
Suddenly Myungsoo turned the lights on and walked in. Jieun looked at the ring and saw the infinity sign. Myungsoo placed the cups on the table and took the ring away from Jieun’s hand and placed it on her finger.

“Today I realized that I never bought you anything as a present… This represents my infinite love for you... I hope you like it.” He smiled.

Jieun got teary eyes and kissed Myungsoo suddenly.

“I love it!” She whispered as their foreheads were touching each other and Jieun’s arms were still around Myungsoo’s neck.

He smiled back and kissed her again. It started as a gentle kiss but got more forceful. Then they both leaned back to catch some air.
Jieun looked at Myungsoo who was smiling at her. She had to remember the message again and started to feel sad. What was Myungsoo doing with her? Why was he like this when he was cheating on her?
Jieun couldn’t hold it back anymore.

“Myungsoo.”

“Jieun.”

They both started to talk at the same time. Myungsoo chuckled and Jieun smiled slightly.

“Ladies first.” Myungsoo smiled.

“N-No… You first…”Jieun shook her head.

“Jieun-“

“Please Myungsoo…” Jieun asked him with a begging in her voice.

“O….Okay…” Myungsoo sighed and bit his lower lip.

He looked down and took a deep breath before looking up again.

“Please listen to me to the very end.” He said but it sounded more like a begging to Jieun.

Jieun nodded.

"Jieun… It… It’s about Mina.” Myungsoo looked into Jieun’s eyes.

She suddenly felt her heart being torn apart. As if Myungsoo just grabbed her heart and pulled it out of her chest. Jieun started to feel the first tears welling up in her eyes.
Was he going to confess?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: is he going to confess? :OOO stay tuned for the answer ;D btw omg guys your comments are sooooooooooooooooooo awesome like AWESOMEEEEEEEEEEEE ;A; am I even worth them? *sobs*