The Spark

Two Broken Hearts

Minji's pov

"Aish.... Where's my pen...."

I looked down my table and looked into my cabinet.

A usual grumpy morning when nothing works out...

I was still looking for my pen in my cabinet when I saw a box. I took the box out and blow the dust off it. I opened it and saw a lot of post-it notes with somewritings on it. Some were encouraging notes,some has cute little drawings on it and some were reminders. But it all came from the same person.....

 

Flashback

Minwoo has been working as my assistant for the past 4 months. He's been doing a great job and because of this,we became very close friends.
When I'm very busy and skip my meals,he always buys food for the both of us and eat with me in my office. When I work overtime,he would stay a little longer,so that I don't get lonely and scared(For your information,I'm a girl and yeah,I'm afraid of the dark) and whenever I sit down on my desk thinking how grumpy I was today more than yesterday,a cup of latte is always on my table with encouraging notes with cute little drawings(Most say "Don't be grumpy~~" or "Start your day with a cup of coffee and a smile" or something like that) 

The best part was.... It all came from the same person.

"Earth to Park Minji! Earth to Park Minji..." Yoonhee came to my office and knocked my head for a few times.

"What?! That hurt you know!!" I hated when people interrupt me from my daydreams.

"You've been really weird lately....." Yoonhee said as she had a small sip of my latte.

"Yah!! Stop drinking my coffee already!" I snatched my cup from her and drank it all up.

"Why?! It's such an amazing cup of coffee. You should share great things with friends like me!" She said while checking if there where any coffee left in my cup.

"Some things are just not for share. If you really want one,go get Minwoo to make it for you."

"Ah.... So it's because he was the one who make all these coffee.... No wonder you don't wanna share...." Yoonhee said while doing her nails and saying the last part softly.

"Ne?! What makes you think of that??" I said a little louder

"And you're not as grumpy as you used to be,is it also because of him?" She said with a smirk.

"It's because of his coffee,not him..." I said,continuing my work.

"And what's this little note on your desk?" Yoonhee grabbed it before I could get it back.

"Show... The... World... Your.... Beautiful..... Smile? Wow.... You guys are already starting with love letters. Don't tell me that all the office phone calls you get are from him.." She joked

"Aish.... Stop it!" I snatched the note back and kept it in my little box.

"You like him,don't you?" Yoonhee said with a sly smile and pointed her pen at me.

"Do not!I fought back

"Do to!"

"Aish... Whatever..." I continue working

Yoonhee walked out with a pout and went back to her office. I was trying to focus on my work but what me and Yoonhee had been talking about with our little chit-chat just now has been running into my mind all day. Until work time was overI still haven't been able to finish my work that was meant to be finished today.

"Yah! Minji!"

"Bwo?!" I said as I looked up and found out that it was Minwoo.

"Wow.... No need to shout." He said and walked into my office. "What's with the attidude??" He sat on my table.

"Ah,sorry. I thought you were Yoonhee."

"You guys are fighting??"

"Aniyo.. It's just that she said something this morning that couldn't make me concentarte at work... and now I'll have to work overtime..."

"You wanna talk about it??"

"Nah... I'll focus with my work...."

"Alrite then,if you say so.I'll be going now,see you tomorrow." He smiled and waved at me. "And don't skip dinner." He walked out of my office.

I smiled and bid goodbye. Then,I started to think about what Yoonhee said. 

"You like him,don't you?"

It kept repeating again and again and again. I decided not to think about it and walked out of my office.

"Maybe I should go have dinner first...." I thought.

As I was walking out of the building. I saw Minwoo who was still daydreaming at the lobby.

"Minwoo!" I ran to him

"Ah! Minji! Wassap?"

"Why are you still here? I thought you were going to the coffee shop."

"I am,but... Something's bothering me...." He said scratching his head.

"Huh? What is it??" 

"I was thinking whether I should ask you out for dinner or not....." He said with a shy smile.

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's go!" I pulled him out of the building.

 

Minwoo's pov

"I was thinking whether I should ask you out for dinner or not?" I said

"Well? What are you waiting for? Let's go!" Minji pulled me out without waiting for my anwser

We took the bus to the river bank and we walked slowly to the coffee shop. By then it was already sunset.

"Wow... The sunset here is amazing." I heard Minji said 

"Yeah... It is~"

We stopped there for a while and chatted till the sun was down. We went into the cofee shop and saw all my hyungs with a not-satisfied face but by the time they saw Minji coming in with me. They shared this you-thinking-what-I'm-thinking smile with each other. I ignored them and guide Minji upstairs,and sitted her next to the huge glass window where you could see the view of the river bank.

"I'll be right back." I told her as I went down stairs to change into my uniform.

"Ah.... Uri Minwoo dongsaengie has grwon up." I heard Youngmin hyung said with the famous smirk of his.

"Aigo... Uri Minwoo-ah!!" Kwangmin hyung came to me and pinch my cheeks.

"Is that why you were late...." Jeongmin hyung looked at me.

"Ah! Hyung! You guys are crazy! She's just a friend..." I said while preparing.

"Yeah! "Girl"friend" Jeongmin hyung purposly emphasise the word "Girl"

"Hyung,please stop it......" I said with a irritated tone and took the food upstairs.

As I was going up stairs,I saw Minji looking at the view. Her long wavy hair covered some of her face and that longing gaze throughout the window.

"Minji...."

"Ah! Minwoo!" She said with a smile. I set down the food on the table and saw her eyes sparkle. She was indeed hungry.

"You look very cute in your uniform..." She said as if she saw a cute little puppy.

"Yes! He is the most popular in our coffee shop." I heard someone said it from the direction behind me.

"Ow no..... Not them..." I thought,giving myself a face-palm. It was Jeongmin hyung and the twins.

"Ow,who are they?" Minji said looking at me.

"We are Minwoo's beloved hyungs." Jeongmin hyung said.

"Hi! Nice to meet you~" Minji said shaking his hand.

"You are very pretty there my lady.... You must be Minji? The girl Minwoo has been talking about lately??" Youngmin hyung said.

Not again?! I remembered last time when I brought my friend(which is a girl...) from school here. They all did the same thing and she ran away...

I signaled them to stop but they did said things even worse...

"What do you thing about our little Minwoo here??" Kwangmin said while pinching my cheeks.

"Hyung! Stop it!" I whispered as I pushed them back to the stairs.

"He's a real sweetheart when you get to know him!!!!!" Jeongmin hyung shouted as I pushed him back.

"I'll be right back!" I showed an awkward smile at her and faced my hyungs again.

"Hyung! You guys are way too over...." As I pushed them back to the counter.

"Come on man..... We know you like her...." Kwangmin hyung said.

"She's not gonna know your feelings if you don't show it to her." Jeongmin hyung added.

"Yeah man...." Youngmin said.

"Whatever.... I'll deal with you guys later!" And I ran back upstairs.

As I sat down in front of Minji... We were awkward,not only awkward but REALLY awkward...

"I'm sorry about that..." As I broke the ice. "You can go if you want...."

"Why would I go??" She said,confused. "Your hyungs are very funny and nice. I really like them." She said as she eats.

Woooohhh... Was I reliefed,this is the first time a girl hasn't rejected me after all the commotion my hyungs brought.

After dinner,I offer to send Minji back to the office. We bid goodbye and I left.

~skip~

A few hours had past and I haven't got a single call from Minji. She said that she would call me when she got home but it's already 10pm and not a single call or a text. Maybe I should go check on her.

I went to the office and straight through the hall. I walked as fast as I could (Even though,I'm a guy,I'm still afraid of the dark :s) and I saw Minji's office still with light. I went in and saw Minji sleeping with her head on her desk. She must be tired....

I was going to carry her back to her house but.... I didn't know where she lived..... So I decided to stay here for the night with Minji. In case anything happens to her.

I took my jacket off and covered Minji with it and I slept on her couch that was in her office.

 

Minji's pov

"Minji! Minji! Wake up!!" 

I woke up and I was already in my office. I looked around and I saw Minwoo looking at me right into the eye.

"Yah! Why am I in the office??" I was confused,could Minwoo do magic tricks??

"You slept here last night."

"What?! And I haven't finish my work?"

"No.... Apparently....." I said while putting a cup of latte on her table.

"How do you know I've been sleeping here since last night??"

"I was with you here!"

Then,I looked behind me and saw a bright blue colored jacket wrapping me. No wonder I didn't feel cold last night.

"Why did you come??" I asked still in a half sleep half awake situation.

"How could I let such a pretty girl be in such a dangerous place alone.... At night... Where nobody's around...." He said while drinking his coffee while I was still thinking of what he said.

"Pretty?! I'm pretty?? to him?!" I felt my face getting hotter and redder,I didn't need to go to the mirror to find out if I was really blushing coz I was!

"Well,I'll be at my office if you need me." Minwoo said and walked out of the office while sipping his coffee.

I then saw the usual coffee note,but there was something different about it. He wrote a longer note.

 

My back aches coz I slept on the sofa last night. Try not to stay alone... in the office..... at night.... when nobody's around... it's very dangerous >< 

P.S. You owe me one......

I laughed upon seeing his cute yet pissing note. 

 

END OF FLASHBACK

 


As you can see,there are tons of flashback in these chapters and there also will be more in the next few chapters~~ ^^ 

hope u all keep reading this fanfic. Subscribe and share plz and thank you ^^