How We Met

Two Broken Hearts

Minji's pov

I was sitting on my office table doing the same thing.... Doing my paperwork when someone put a cup of coffee in front of me. I looked up quickly,but under my expectation it was only my friend-Yoonhee

Yoonhee was the only person who actually greets me when I first came to the office and helped me when I really needed it. Now,she's my only friend in the office.

"Were you expecting someone else?" Yoonhee set the coffee down and sat on my table,looking at me suspiously.

"Ani...." I tried to look normal. Even though,I know that Yoonhee was right.

"Alrite... You know you don't need to hide everything to me... If you wanna talk,you know where I'll be." And she walked out.

Yes,I'm having trouble. Trouble that cannot be fix by hand or by money. It was a trouble in my heart.

 

Flashback

I was came in the office with a pile of paperwork one day,I was deciding whether I should eat my breakfast or not ,since I had so many paperwork but I was still hungry,But I accidently bump into a person and fell down.

"Ouch....." But I hadn't got time to scold that person,I had to pick up all the papaerwork and get to work.

"I'm very sorry.." The guy knelt down and helped me pick up my paperworks.

I was in a hurry and took all the paperwork that he had picked up and rushed back to my office.

I didn't have time to examine his face in detail,but I was sure he was a new co-worker here and he was... good-looking I suppose....

I had no time to think about him anymore,I put all my paperworks on my table and sighed loudly. I sat down and rubbed my temples,I didn't get enough sleep so I was having a headache,when I saw a file on my table with a post-it note on it. I read the post-it note.

Minji,

I found you an assistant! His name is Minwoo and his 17 years old. He works part-time at a coffee shop near the river bank,he says that he needs the money for paying rent,I find him pitiful so I applied him anyway. Here is his profile.

P.S. He's very cute :D

I was about to look at the profile when I saw someone in front of me,who was also reading the note.

"Hey! What do you think you're doing??" I shouted at him. "And who let you in in the first place??"

"I'm very sorry but it was the noona who applied me told me to come in. She said that you are my new boss." He said with a smile.

I looked at him and looked into the file. I saw a picture of a cute boy and started reading his profile.

"No... Min.... Woo?" I said as I looked at him.

"Ne! Annyeohaseyo! Minwoo-imida!" He said with a smile and bowed.

I closed the file and looked at him coldly. "I'm just using you for now because I'm very busy and am in need of an assistant,but I can still fire you whenever I want to so you better work hard." And looked down again starting to do my paperwork.


Minwoo's pov

Then,my boss looked down and started to do her work. I stood there awkwardly to wait for her orders.

"Why are you just standing there?" She said with a bit of annoymance in her voice.

"I'm waiting for your orders,boss..."

"Don't call me boss,just call me Minji-shi." Then,she handed me her mug. "Since,it's your first day. I won't be hard on you. Why don't you go do what you're best at..."

"Huh?" 

"Go and make coffee." She looked at me and signaling me to get out of her sight.

"But.... Minji-shi......"

"What?!" She was shouting a little.

"I don't know where to get coffee here..."

"Just get your out off here and ask those noonas who you pass by. Can't you see I'm busy?" Then she went back to her work.

Sheesh.... There's no need to be so harsh in such a beautiful morning.

I went out,looking left and right awkwardly,deciding which room might be the kitchen when a noona passed me.

"Ow hi there,Minwoo-shi." It was the noona who applied me,she was greeting me brightly.

"Annyeohaseyo noona." I bowed and greeted her.

"I can see Minji wants you to get her coffee." She said while pointing at the cup I was holding.

"Yeah... I was wondering if noona can tell me where the kitchen is."

"Ow,it's over there. 3 rooms away from here. Want me to take you there?" She didn't give me time to answer and walked in front of me,signaling me to follow her.

"So,how was your first day?"

"Well.... I can see that Minji-shi isn't having the best day,is she?"

"Ah,she's always like that in the morning. Don't worry,you'll get to know her once you work with her."

"I hope soon....."

Then,we stopped. We were already at the kitchen.

"Thanks again noona." I smiled while she was already on her way back to her office.

"Ok~ Ow! I almost forgot! Minji doesn't like drinking instant coffee or from the coffee machine!!" She shouted while she was half way to her office.

"And by the way,all things at the fridge can be used!" Yoonhee noona shouted and went into her office.

 

Minji's pov

I was still having a headache over all over the paperwork I hadn't finish last night when a knock came from the door.

"Come in."

"Minji-shi,I've got your coffee." Minwoo put the coffee down. "I didn't know what kind of coffee you liked so I made you latte."

I took the coffee and had a sip... "Wow,it tastes amazing! Thank you Minwoo-shi." I looked at him with a smile and kept sipping on the coffee. 

"Just call me Minwoo."

"Ok... Minwoo~" I smiled at him and signal him to come closer.

"Your office is next to mine." As I point to the right. "I'll get someone to teach you how to use the office phone later."

"Thank you Minji-shi." He bowed and left the office.

 

End of flashback

 

~END~