When It Started

Two Broken Hearts

Minwoo's pov

I was alone in the cafe,after I lost a game of rock paper scissors,those mean hyungs just left all the dirty jobs to me.

Whipping the table after a long day,I was preparing to close the cafe and call it a day when a lady with a huge coat walked in.

"I'm sorry miss but.." I was asking her to leave when she stopped me.

"Please let me stay,just for a cup of coffee."

"Uhm.... Ok,please take a sit...." I walked up to her sit and pulled her chair,while she sat down and thanked me.

"I would like a cup of hot latte please." She ordered without looking at at the menu.

I knodded and walked back behind the counter and made a cup of latte.I drew a leaf on the latte and served her.

Wow,it looks amazing. I'm not the brag kind of guy but I must say that I'm really proud of my coffee making skills.

When I went to her table. I put it on her table,as I walked away I heard soft sobbings,it came from the lady.

I turned back and gave a soft tap on her shoulder,she turned to look at me. With tears flowing gradually on her flawless face.

"Are you ok miss?"

She looked down and wipped her tears.

"I'm sorry,I'll finish my latte and leave soon."

"No! I mean... It's ok if you need to stay. I'll be the one closing up,so you don't need to rush." I flashed her my famous killer smile.

She smiled and said "Thank you,I appreciate it,really. So this is your cafe?"

"No,I'm just an employee here. I lost a bet to my hyungs and had to stay to close up."

"Ah.... Poor you." She giggled and had a sip of her latte.

"Is it good?"

"Yes! It's the best cup of latte I have ever tasted." 

"Anyways,would you mind if I asked you what is going on?"

Her smile vanished as she sighed.

"I'm so sorry to ask,I shouldn't." I apologized immediately and was about to leave when she stopped me.

"It's ok,I needed someone to talked to anyways,I won't mind."

I sat down at the sit opposite her. She told me everything. She was overcoming a break up,I didn't remember clearly because she was sobbing all the way through the conversation but I remembered heaing her say about how she and her ex started it. It brought up some "things"....

 

FLASHBACK

"Minwoo!!!" The same greeting as every morning. I turned around and saw Minji running towards me,panting.

"Good morning."

"Wait.let me catch my breathe." She pant for awhile and came back to her senses. "Hoohh..... Here." She handed me a paper bag.

"What's today's menu?" I took it from her hands.

"As usual,tuna sandwich and orange juice."

"Uhhh... I'm bored of it noona~~~ Can't you change once in a while?" I shook her and whined like a baby.

"Aish..." She pinched my cheeks. "Be thankful you little cry-baby. I'm always "almost" late just because of your breakfast."

"Ow please... I always have a late lunch and dinner just because of your busy schedule. Oldie....." I trailed off....

"YAH!! WHAT DID YOU JUST CALL ME?!"

"Just kidding... Mianhaeyo noona." I held her on the shoulder and guide her to her office.

"By the way,thanks for the breakfast noona~" I told her before I pushed her into her office and walking to the kitchen to make her coffee

"You little rascal...." I heard her murmur under her breathe while she smiles. "Yah!! Wait!!!" She shouted out to me.

"I know!! I know!! More milk and no sugar..." I said without looking back.

"That's my boy~" She shouted,which made both of us burst into laughter.

I have worked with Minji noona for awhile and I'm getting used to being here. She's a really nice noona,after she knew about my purpose of getting a second job,she got me a raise. And we usually have lunch and dinner together,sometimes with Yoonhee noona. Noona buys me breakfast everyday since the day she found out that I never had breakfast and starts nagging about it. How "Not having breakfast" will lower my working ability and lots of other stuff. And after these time we spend together,I must admit that I develop feelings for her,but I don't dare to tell her about it... For a woman like her,she must not accept a guy younger than her..... Even if she doesn't mind,I still don't dare because I don't like taking risks....

"Ya! No Minwoo!!!"

"Huh???" I looked up.

"Let's go! I'm hungry." Minji noona whined.

"What time is it now?"

She looked at her phone. "6.30pm. Time for dinner~ I want to go to your cafe for dinner,I want to see your hungs~"

"Ow no! I'm not going to go there with you ever again. Those hyungs are going to humiliate me in front of you. Did you know that once I brought a girl there and they almost showed her my baby photos. They probably got it from my mom but still...."

"So I'm not the first person you brought to the cafe....." She pouted.

"Are you jealous noona??" I smirk.

"Bwo?! You are crazy,my boy..." She said and pulled me. "Come on,I want to go see your baby pictures~" She said and laughed.

"Ow no you don't!"

"Come and catch me!" She started running.

"Aish...." I knew catching her would be as easy as getting candy from a baby but...  decided not to.

We ran all the way to the river bank. I ran further behind her. When I turned at the corner,I saw her back,she was holding on the rails,catching her breathe.
I creeped slowly and quietly like a mouse and hugged her from behind.

"Gotcha!"

She turned her head. Now,our face were just a few inches away. I could feel my cheeks heating up,I could also smell her sweet scent,smelled like peaches and strawberry,must be her lips.... I could also see her peachy cheeks redden. Then I looked at her eyes,those deep dark brown eyes for hers,I fell deep into them.

"Minwoo-ah..." I snapped out of my thoughts. Noona looked at me with an awkward smile.

"Ow! Ow! So sorry." I let her go quickly and bowed for apology.

"Aish! No need to be so formal,it's ok." She said without looking at me and walked towards the door of the cafe.

Ow! What was I thinking...... This is going to be an awkward dinner....

As I expected,we were quiet throughout the dinner... I daren't look at her,whenever I had a glimpse of her,that regret feeling runs up to me. Even the hyungs thought it was a weird timing to be all clowny so they kept quiet as well. We finished dinner as quick as possible. 

"Uhm... I probably should get going..." Minji noona stood up and walked quickly to the door. 

I felt I needed to do something so chased her from behind. She walked quickly but I was quicker. I grabbed her wrist.

"Noona,what's wrong?" Of course,I knew the answer myself.

"Aniyo! It's just that uhm.... I think I need to go back soon since it's getting late." She said without having eye contact with me. She was about to break from my grip,I held on tighter.

"Noona... I'm sorry about just now." I looked at her apologetically.

"I said it was ok!!" She was half shouting while she looked at me,I was surprised,she has never shout at me before.

"Minwoo-ah,mianhae I didn't mean to shout at you..." She apologized right away.

We stood like that for a few moment. We looked into each other's eyes until noona broke the ice.

"Minwoo... I like you...." She said out of the nowhere.

"Ne?" Was I hearing things? Did she just say "I like you"?

"Ah! Never mind...." She shook her and and walked away but I pulled her back.

"Noona... I like you too......" I said and smiled at her.

She looked surprise,I was also surprised that the words slipped out of my mouth but I guess it was time to tell her.

I held both of her hands in mine.

"Noona... I trying keeping it in my heart but I can't deny my feelings to you. I don't know how bad this might end up but I like you.... I may be a younger brother to you so I know there's no chance,is there?"

She shook her head as I was speaking. She had tears in her eyes,was that a bad sign?

"Noona,it's ok to walk away right now.." I said and closed my eyes but after awhile I felt something... sweet...

I peeped and saw Minji noona's face so close to me,she was... Kissing me?

Hehe,I closed my eyes and hugged her and she hugged me in return. I pulled her closer.

We pulled away...... I smiled.

"So this means?" She looked at me.

I held her hands and giggled.

"I know this sounds really cheesy but will you be mine?"

That gorgeous smile of hers flashed on her face as she knods.

I hugged her tight,it was such a magical moment... But I heard laughter from behind. Fimiliar laughter in fact..... I was guessing noona found out as well. We let go and looked behind. 5 cheeky smiley faces where behind us. Those hyungs of mine,they were just watching drama from the beginning.

"Yah! What are you guys looking at?!" I shouted at them.

"Ow nothing... Just continue what you were doing." Donghyun hyung said while waving his hand.

While Jeongmin hyung and Youngmin hyung are acting as if they were eating popcorn,Kwangminnie was just I don't know.... Smiling cheekily and being shy and all. And Hyunseong hyung was just smiling that his eyes were going to be straight lines soon.

"Aish..... HYUNG!!!"

"Ok ok,come on boys,shows over...." Donghyun hyung pushed them back to the cafe and before he went in,he turned back and gave me a thumbs up,I glaced at him as he walks in.

"I told you they were going to humiliate me." I said as I turned back to noona.

"Aish... They're very cute kids." She said and burst into laughter. "Thank you Minwoo."

"For what?"

"For making me feel special..." She said as we walked down the river bank hand in hand while the full moon reflected on the river and the stars just shined ever so brightly.

It was a beautiful night,indeed....

 

END

I am so very sorry for not updating for such a long time my dear readers.... T T don't give up on me!!!!!! I started school today,I didn't have time on my holidays and since I have spare time these days,I will update while I can,please bear me and understand..... >< I hope these chapter will satisfy you all.

COMMENTS PLEASE MY DEARS~ I LOVE YOU AS ALWAYS~~~~~