Baby Steps: Khuntoria

Marshmallow.
SNSD (TTS) BABY STEPS. – insert.
 
“Looking at you, the one I can’t reach for.
My tiny shadow then hides in fear of being notice.” 
 
-
 
Drops of tears cascade down her cheeks.
 
His lips curled into a smile. His mesmerizing eyes, the sound of his voice, his laughter. The way he wrapped his hands around her small waist, the way he embraced her so tightly that he was afraid of losing her.
 
He brushed his lips against hers, teasing her, and then giving in, kissing her so gently and soft – enjoying every moment of it.  Most importantly, the way how he spent endless time with her and never get bored.
 
“Nichkhun!” Victoria cried and jolts up out of the sudden. She looks around her and found herself in her bedroom.  She sighs and wipes away the tears on her face with the back of her hand. The back of her oversized shirt was soaks with perspiration. When will she stop?
 
 As she looks at the clock that was hung right in front of her on the wall, she sighs again helplessly and got out of bed, making her way to the bathroom, preparing herself for another day in school.
 
Students walking to school chatting, full of energy, and while she walks alone, along the side of the road in silence.  
 
The sound of his laughter rang in the air as she felt a twinge of pain coming from her heart. “So did you miss me?” She heard him saying.
 
She refrains herself from turning around, to look at his face and to refrain herself from letting her tears to flow as she bit her lips in misery. Her heart starts to beat hard and fast when she feels his presence coming closer and closer.
 
At that very moment, both, a guy and a lady walks pass her, laughing and talking, not even taking a glance at Victoria. As she looks up and sees the side view of Nichkhun’s face which was a few metres away from her, she can’t help but let her tears fall as she sees him laughing so happily with another girl. She shrugs off the feeling and calms herself down before deciding to walk passes them quickly.
 
Breathing in, she clutches the straps of her bag tightly before carefully speeding her speed, and almost catching up with theirs. The nearer she gets towards them, the faster and harder her heart pumps as if going to jump out any moment of anxiety and fear. With her head hung low, she successfully walks pass them without being notice by him.
 
Upon reaching school, she sighs helplessly as she sees him making his way to his class and waving goodbye to that same lady that was with him just now.
 
“What if one day, I lose you?” Victoria tightened her grip on him and asked. Nichkhun chuckled and kissed her forehead. He pulled her closer to him and kissed her again this time slowly and softly on her lips.
 
“I won’t ever leave you,” he stared at her and said. “Not till the day I die.” He smiled while she hits him playfully upon mentioning the word ‘die’. He laughed and kissed her lightly on the lips once again with her, kissing it back.
 
The school bell rang. Victoria opens her eyes and sighs once again. Why is she thinking about him again? Wasn’t the incident long over? So why? She got up, packs her bag and left the class.
 
Out of the sudden, while walking along the corridor of the classroom, she accidentally bumps into someone and fell down to the floor with her bag hitting it with a thud. She winces in pain but immediately froze for a few seconds upon hearing the person’s voice.
 
The more she tries to avoid, closing her eyes, shutting her ears, the more she bumps into him, sees him and hears him all day long.
 
“I’m sorry. Are you hurt?” His voice interrupts her thoughts. As she glances up, she sees his smile, his hand held out for her. Her heart skips a beat as she tries to look away and to help herself up.
 
“I’m really sorry. I didn’t see you…” Why? Why must she bump into him? Of all people in this school and few hundreds of students, why him? Nichkhun.
 
She looked at her watch and sighed as she glanced around the surrounding area but couldn’t see him. Nichkhun was late – almost an hour late. She tried to call him a few times on the phone but it wouldn’t get through.
 
Out of the sudden, her phone rang. Thinking it was Nickhun, she immediately answered it.
“Ya! What took you-.” Nevertheless, someone cuts her off before she could finish her sentence. “Victoria-issh, Nichkhun had a car accident…”
 
Without warning, she dropped her phone in shock and stood rooted to the ground for a few minutes before regaining her consciousness and took a cab down to her hospital as fast as she could. Upon reaching there, she sighed in relief and smiled weakly as she saw Nickhun resting on the hospital bed looking fine. He smiled when she saw her.
 
“Ya, you pabo!” she scolded him softly. “Do you know how worried I was?!” it was not until Nickhun’s words pierced into her fragile heart and it broke into a million pieces upon hearing what he said.
 
“May I know who you are?” he smiled and stared at her. And then, dark silence engulfed the atmosphere swiftly after that. That warm smile that he always gave her had now turned into a nightmare of her very own.
 
“Uhm, are you okay?” his voice interrupts her recollections. And immediately, she felt a lump in and was already blinking away with tears. As she bends down to grab her bag, a tear drops down onto the floor. She looks up and stares at him, while he stares back startles by her.
 
“Are you in great pain?” she shook her head in silent and manages a faint smile. 
 
With trembling steps, she walks away from him slowly and when her back was turn, her tears that she refrains from shedding just a few minutes ago came rushing down like waterfall. 
 
She was waiting for the day that she could touch him, lie in his arms, kiss him, and do everything with him again. She needs him, but she knows that this day would never come again.
 
 
 
"Only looking at you and walk on.” 
GIFS ARE NOT MINE. FULL CREDITS TO THE OWNER!