Etude: Yongseo

Marshmallow.
“Why are you like that? Your mistake, your awkward actions and words?
Your charm, none of it is showing.”
 
-
 
As Seohyun took a deep breath in and exhale it, she stares at a small wall mirror where there is a reflection of this lady right in front of her. 
 
At the look of it, the lady has narrow shoulders, tall, slim frame like those typical models you can find their posters being plastered everywhere around the high rise buildings, public transport and even magazines. Her lustrous chocolate brown hair seats neatly right at her chest. A soft touch of makeup was applied on her face, her colour of her cheeks now in rosy pink complemented nicely with the colour of her soft pink lips. Everything was perfect about her.
 
Seohyun shut her eyes tight and counts to three before opening them again and she found herself looking back at the lady right in front of the mirror. Out of the sudden, someone clears his throat making her turn towards the direction of the sound.
 
Yonghwa stood right before her, dress casually in shirt and jeans and with both his hands in his pocket, he smile.  “Now listen carefully to what I say alright?” she nods staring right at him while her heart pumps hard and fast.
 
This moment was the moment she has been waiting so long for. She is finally going to confess to her crush – Kyuhyun! Just a month ago, Seohyun wasn’t exactly the lady that was being described a few minutes ago. She does have a slim, tall slender figure. However, her hair was originally in black and where it was hung limply down to her waist. In addition, she didn’t have any makeup on, and every other day, she would just put on a baggy shirt and long pants while revealing her bare face to school.
 
It was not until she met Yonghwa – not exactly popular but the kind of guy that dresses smartly, cool, and not forgetting, he is handsome. 
 
---
 
A month ago.
 
Yonghwa stared at the lady right in front of her and sighed. Her hair, her face, the way she dresses, everything is wrong! And her character – her personality! He sighed even more. Silence engulfed in the atmosphere for a few minutes before Yonghwa began.
 
“Alright. Do you have any talent? Dance? Ageyo?”  Seohyun shook her head and kept quiet.
 
“It’s okay!” he said. As he took a step forward and leaned towards her, she blushed. He smiled and backed a few steps back.
 
“I’m sure you have a y or even a childlike personality.” Without warning, he placed his hands on her shoulder and smiled. “Come, show it to me.”
 
---
 
She took a last glance at Yonghwa and as she sees him smiling at her signalling her to move, she went in the café quietly.
 
As Seohyun took a seat right next to the table where kyuhyun is sitting, her lips curled into a smile as he felt his stare behind her back. She held the menu close to her and flips the pages of the menu as if looking closely and trying to choose something to eat.
 
After a few minutes, she called for the waiter once again and this time, ready to place her order.
“Can I have a plate of beef lasagne…”
 
Yonghwa frowned as he stared at Seohyun which was sitting right in front of her.
“What did you say again?” he asked and all he could hear was muffled and mumbled sounds coming from Seohyun.
 
He got up, changed his seat and sat right next to Seohyun, causing her to frown. “Yonghwa-issh?”
“Talk a little louder,”
 
“Uhm…” she trailed off, not knowing what to say. Yonghwa quickly took a pen and a piece of paper, then scribbling few sentences on the paper and then passing it to her. “Read this.”
 
She frowned a little, when she looked at the piece of paper but did what she was being told to do.
“Hi, hello. My name is Seohyun and I’m trying to-.” Without even finishing her first sentence, Yonghwa cuts her off. “Louder.”
 
“Hi, hello. My-.”
“Again,” This goes on and on as he cuts her off numerous times before he finds that she speaks with the appropriate volume.
 
“The next time I hear you speaking so softly again, I will punish you!” Seohyun pouted immediately as she heard that then sighed. “And be careful in whatever things you do next time.” Seohyun nodded slowly. “Yes~”
 
“I can’t hear you,”
“Yes!” she cried. Yonghwa chuckled and without warning, he patted her head softly.
 
“Anything else?” Seohyun shook her head and thank the waiter before he leaves.  It was not before long, she heard the chair moving and Kyuhyun was standing right in front of her with a smile.
 
“May I?” Seohyun smiled, signalling him to sit. “Aren’t you Seohyun? You are in the same class with me for language right?” Seohyun laughed softly and smiled back at him. “Yup nice to meet you,”
 
“Come on, stand straight, with your chest out, and don’t slouch.”  Yonghwa said as he rested against the back of the chair and looked at her.
 
Seohyun was walking along the corridor of Yonghwa’s house while wearing white high heels shoe and a book placed right above her head trying to prevent it from falling. “Wah,” Out of the sudden, she fell down to the ground with a thud with the book falling off and hitting the floor hardly as she winced in pain.
 
Yonghwa sighed as he saw her and got up from his seat. He walked towards her and tried to help her up. “Wa, uhm, it’s okay, I can get up myself.”  
Yonghwa sighed helplessly and helped her up anyway. “Thanks,” she said and hung her head low while rubbing her now bruised leg.
 
Without warning, Yonghwa held her chin up, making her to face him. And as he stared right at her, she blushed immediately while her eyes travelled away to the other side, avoiding him.
 
“Look at me,” he said. She grimaced at his words and tried to turn away but he tightened his grip around her.
 
“Why are you like that? Your mistake, your awkward actions and words? Your charm, none of it is showing.”  They kept their silence before Yonghwa sighed and began. “Do you really want to do this?” 
 
Seohyun stared at him for a few seconds before replying. “Yes,”
“Then show me yourself. Don’t be afraid. Fill yourself with lovable cuteness and smile so that he would fall for you, alright?” he released her and smiled.
 
After a few seconds, she smiled back. “I will try,” Yonghwa chuckled and then patted her head softly.
 
“Bill please.” Kyuhyun called, they paid and left the café. As they strolled along the streets, many passers-by glanced/stared at Seohyun. All eyes were on her.
 
She was wearing a pink sleeveless top, match with a navy blue denim shorts which made her slender legs stand out and she wore a pair of black high cut heels. In addition, soft touch of makeup was applied on her face and a spray of perfume.  
 
Yonghwa was literally overwhelmed by shock, as he stood by her closet, looking through her clothes.
 
“Ah, how do you really manage to wear all of these to school?” without warning, he cleared every single piece of clothes how she got in her closet and flung it onto her bed.
 
“We have to throw all of these!”
“What, why?” Seohyun cried and pouted. “They are all cheap and nice!”
 
Yonghwa shook his head and walked out of the room, pulling her along. “It’s horrible.”
 
They came to a shopping mall and swiftly, Yonghwa took a few clothes with him which he thought was nice, placed it on Seohyun’s hands and then pushing her into the fitting room.
 
“The first to capture a guy’s heart is by dressing well,” Yonghwa said as he smiled at her and closed the door of the fitting room.
 
The next few minutes, Seohyun began trying on different types of clothes and the ones that suit her – looks nice on her. It wasn’t very difficult and it didn’t take Yonghwa quite long to decide which outfit fit her most since she has a nice figure and all.
 
Once they were done, Yonghwa then dragged Seohyun to another place and this time, a makeup artist was waiting for her.
 
“Ah, I thought we were already done?” Seohyun sighed, feeling tired and all.
“You have to makeup to complement your pale skin.”
 
Seohyun touched her face at once. “My face isn’t pale!” However, Yonghwa just chuckled and forced her to sit on a chair while the makeup artist helped her out.
 
After a few minutes when it was done, Seohyun turned around and faced Yonghwa. There were a few minutes of silence before Seohyun frowned.
 
“Am I very ugly?” However, still keeping his silence, Yonghwa walked right towards her, bent a little to match her height and leaned nearer, staring right at her. Seohyun pouted and was about to speak when Yonghwa cuts her off abruptly. “To think that with just a touch of makeup, you could be so beautiful.”
 
“So why were you at the café?” Kyuhyun asked as he stared down at her.
 
Seohyun smiled a little before pouting. “I was supposed to meet my friend to have lunch but then, I was being ditched.” She pretended to smile awkwardly while Kyuhyun laughed. “But it’s okay. I managed to have your accompany for lunch. It was great!”
 
“What’s the lesson today?” Seohyun asked while looking at Yonghwa walking around in circles. He stopped abruptly, smiled and looked at her.
 
“To be loveable and cute,” she frowned slightly and looked at him.
“Try calling him Oppa, with a smile. When you are sad or angry, do a pout. It makes a person cuter.”
 
“But Kyuhyun is the same age as me!”
“But still you can call him Oppa,” Seohyun pouted while Yonghwa laughed. “There, you are so cute.”
 
“Aiish,” she got up and stared at him. “But it sounds wrong.”
 
Yonghwa nodded slowly and walked nearer towards her. “Then call me Oppa then.”
“Oppa,” she began. Yonghwa frowned. He pinched her cheeks and pulled the side of up.
 
“With a smile!” Seohyun looked away, breathed in and then began. “Oppa,” there was a few minutes of silence before Yonghwa broke it abruptly as he patted her head. “So cute,”
 
They smiled and talked and finally, Seohyun reach her house.
 
“Thanks for walking me home,” she smile and as she stares at Kyukyun she frown a little.
 
SNSD ETUDE. – insert song.
 
In the past, whenever she saw Kyukyun, her heart won’t stop beating, and she would immediately blush, looking at his features, she can’t help but smile at how handsome he is. However, right now, as she stares at the person right in front of her, she feels nothing. Sure, Kyukyun is still handsome, but as she places her hands at her chest to feel her heartbeat, it was normal. And there isn’t that overwhelming feeling she felt in the past whenever Kyuhyun was just a few metres away. Why?
 
“Seohyun?” she looks up and sees him staring right back at her. “I’m okay, just a little tired.” She smiles while Kyuhyun chuckles and reaches out to touch her head, patting it softly.
 
All at once, there was this tingling sensation running down her spine.  Yonghwa smiled as he patted her head softly. Why is she thinking about Yonghwa?
 
However, the sound of Kyuhyun’s voice interrupts her thoughts. “Seohyun, do you mind going out with me?” her smile fades away as soon as she hears that. No, this is wrong. She should be happy but right now, she isn’t. She didn’t know why but she doesn’t feel like confessing to Kyuhyun now anymore. She frowned slightly towards herself before taking a few steps back.
 
“I’m sorry Kyuhyun, I remembered I’m meeting another friend of mine and I’m running late.” And as soon as she said that, she ran away leaving Kyuhyun alone, confuse. She ran to a nearby building that was far away from Kyuhyun before hauling a cab down to Yonghwa’s house.
 
“Why are you like that? Your mistake, your awkward actions and words? Your charm, none of it is showing...”
 
“…I’m sure you have a y or even a childlike personality.”
 
“…Then show me yourself. Don’t be afraid. Fill yourself with lovable cuteness and smile so that he would fall for you, alright?”
 
“Talk a little louder,”
 
“The first to capture a guy’s heart is by dressing well…”
 
“…To think that with just a touch of makeup, you could be so beautiful.”
 
“Try calling him Oppa, with a smile. When you are sad or angry, do a pout. It makes a person cuter.”
 
Scenes of flashback just ran through her mind swiftly.  As she places her hands on her chest once again, she could feel the beat of her heart pumping hard and fast. The side of her lips then curl into a smile as she begins to laugh softly at herself for being a fool this whole time.
 
As soon as she reaches there, with her heart thumping hard and fast, she stood by the door of his house and rang the bell. After a few seconds, Yonghwa open the door and was surprise to see her there.
 
Yonghwa stood right before her, dress casually in shirt and jeans and with both his hands in his pocket, he smile. “Now listen carefully to what I say alright?” she nods staring right at him while her heart pumps hard and fast.
 
“You succeed?” he smiles. As soon as she sees his smile, she smiles back and moves nearer towards him slowly, eyes fixes on him and while still smiling, she came to a stop so close they were just few centimetres away.
 
“As soon as he looks like he’s hooked, you walk towards him slowly,” Yonghwa said while showing her the exact same thing, as he walked towards her slowly, eyes fixed on her. While still smiling, he came to a stop just right in front of her – maybe few centimetres away.
 
He smirked as he could feel Seohyun’s heart beating hard and fast.
 
Her hands then slowly travel to him and while interlocking her hands with his, she began.
“Oppa, I think I’ve fallen for you.”
 
“Grab his hands slowly interlocking with yours, and then confess to him.” Seohyun nodded and so, her hands slowly travelled towards Yonghwa’s, she interlocked her hands with his, and she began.
 
“Oppa, I think I’ve fallen for you…” she trailed off and without knowing, her eyes fell to his lips having a strong sensational feeling of wanting to kiss him. Slowly, he stared at Yonghwa and sensed he was coming closer to her. Within few seconds, they were so close that the tip of their nose was almost touching and their lips too when Yonghwa out of the sudden, backed away.
 
Awkward atmosphere filled the air as the both of them avoided each other’s stare. Seohyun cleared before she began. “But are you sure that I have to call him Oppa?” she pouted while Yonghwa nodded.
 
“That’s it! Just like what we have practiced, he is going to fall for you.” He smiled lightly but faded away quickly within a few seconds. He clutched his hands tightly as he stared at the smiling Seohyun right in front of him. 
 
Startle, Yonghwa kept his silence for a few minutes before his hands travel towards Seohyun’s face, pinching her cheeks. She winces in pain and sigh in disappointment. “Ah, I’m confessing to you…” she trail off as she rubs her cheeks in pain while Yonghwa just kept his silence.
 
Seohyun sighed and backed a few steps away before smiling back at him. “I didn’t confess to Kyuhyun.” She smiles once again at him before leaving with a heavy heart.
 
However, at this exact moment, Yonghwa left his house and ran up towards her. As he grabs her wrist without warning, he pulls her towards him and swiftly, pressing his lips against hers, kissing her softly.
 
Startle by his sudden actions, Seohyun stood rooted to the ground for a minute or two before regaining her consciousness, and then wrapping her arms around his neck, kissing him back softly while smiling in the kiss.
 
 
 
 
“Show yourself, fill with a lovable smile.”
GIFS ARE NOT MINE. FULL CREDITS TO THE OWNER!