Shocking Developments

Sibling RivaLove

Dongho

I hugged Minseo, her back to comfort her. I must be a shock for her—she’s never been to any public events with us. Behind me, I could hear JR laughing softly.

“Hey, shut up alright?!” I yelled, giving him a death glare.

Aron and Ren approached, asking if Minnie would be alright.

"Yeah, just give us a minute," I replied. I felt Minseo sigh.

"I'm fine now; your fans are waiting for you!" she told me, faking a smile.

“Alright,” I replied, and told her to stay where I could see her.

“You sound like appa!” she giggled, and I smiled. If she was giggling, she had to feel at least a little better, right?

Aron and I walked over to join the others, Ren staying behind for a moment to hug Min. I bit my lip. Dongho, I told myself, You are not going to be jealous of your dongsaeng.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I groaned, leaning back in my chair and shaking my cramped hand. Who would’ve thought signing your name would be so tiring?

Ren stretched, his lips. He’s so cute!

“I’m going to the toilet!” he called over his shoulder, walking to the back of the shop. JR nodded absently.

“Don’t be too long!” he replied.

Minhyun walked in just then, holding a tray of drinks. Aron waved his hand crazily in the air.

“Minhyun-ah! Give me some coffee! I’ll be your best friend ~! Pleeeaaaseee?” he clasped his hands over his heart in a failed attempt at aegyo.

“No!” shouted JR, “I want it first!”

Minhyun turned quickly to face JR, but as he moved, the tray hit the edge of a CD case and slid out of his hand. Coffee spilled all over the floor, splashing over Minhyun’s shoes.

“AIGOO!” he yelled! “You meddling kids!” He shook a fist at Aron and JR.

“We’re sorry Minhyun-ah!” chorused the two, giving Minhyun their best innocent gazes. He shook his head.

“Don’t just stand there, you pabos, clean up while I go change my shoes!” He walked off, muttering under his breath.

JR and Aron looked at each other and started cracking up. I took advantage of their momentary distraction and made my way to the back of the store, to the bathroom.

When I opened the door, Ren was drying his hands on a towel.

Looking down at his hands, he didn’t notice me until put my hands on the counter on either side of him, trapping him between my arms. He whirled around.

“Baekho-ah!” he exclaimed, “What are you—?”

I cut him off, leaning forward and pressing my lips to his before he could say another word. He pulled back, but I moved a hand behind his head, holding him in place. He gasped, and I took the opportunity to slide my tongue inside his mouth, exploring his warm cavern. Eventually I pulled back, studying his shocked face.

Just then the door opened and JR stepped in. He froze when he saw Ren in my arms and walked backwards, eyeing us cautiously.

“Sorry for interrupting...”

When the door closed, I turned back to Ren, cupping his chin in my hand. I kissed him again, more gently this time. I ran my tongue along his lower lip, requesting entrance, but he placed his hands on my chest and shoved me backward. There was hurt in his eyes.

“Dongho! Why are you doing this?” he cried, anguished.

Tears filled my eyes. “I’m sorry Ren.” I whispered. “But can’t you see? I love you!”

Ren shook his head, looking pained. “I know you do, Baekho-ah. But there can never be anything between us. I’m sorry I can’t return your feelings.”

He pushed open the door and left, leaving me standing in the middle of the room, alone. Suddenly my legs couldn’t support me, and I collapsed against the bathroom sink. Ren’s words echoed in my head. “I’m sorry I can’t return your feelings.”

I sighed, massaging my temples. Just then, I saw something shiny and pink on the floor. Ren’s phone. Warily, I picked it up and opened it to his messages. One caught my eye: Aron’s.

He doesn’t love me back. He loves you.

I stared at the message for a moment, conflicted. In the end, my curiosity overcame my guilt and I opened the conversation. I stated reading from the beginning of the topic.

Hey

Why are you texting me? It’s 2 am and we’re in the same room.

Aish, Ren. I can’t just talk about this stuff.

What’s so serious that you can’t talk about it?

Don’t say anything about this to anyone, araso?

Araso.

And don’t judge me.

Araso already! Spit it out.

I’m in love with Baekho.

I nearly dropped the phone. Aron hyung... Is in love with me? I was surprised, to say the least. Ah, but that explains the kiss earlier. I took a deep breath and continued reading.

But...?

I have no future with him.

Aron-ah, you have to MAKE a future with him.

That’s not it.

Than what is?

He doesn’t love me back. He loves you.

I almost dropped the phone again. So Aron loves me... And he knew? Even before I told him? But how do I feel about him? I’ve never really thought of him that way...

I sighed. This was all too much for me to process in one afternoon. And I still had to go back out and face the rest of the band. Heaving another sigh, I splashed water on my face, dried off, and stepped out of the bathroom. JR’s voice drifted over to me from the main room.

“So what do you guys think of Minseo?”

I stopped in my tracks, hiding behind a rack of CDs. They’re talking about MinMin?!

“She’s very funny and childish.” Minhyun replied, laughing.

“She reminds me of my cousin back in L.A.” said Aron. “And she’s super friendly.”

“Ah, neh,” agreed JR. “I think she’s a lot like Baekho, and she’s charming... What about you, Ren-ah?”

There was a pause. “I really like her.”

The silence stretched, filling the room with tension. Finally, Aron spoke.

“Really? But...” he trailed off.

“Ne,” replied Ren, “I really like her. She’s cute and charming... I really like her.”

Minhyun laughed. “No need to restate it, I think we get the point.”

I decided to make my entrance then. “What point?” I raised an eyebrow.

JR smirked. “Rennie likes Minseo ~!” he sang.

“Minseo?” I asked, feining surprise, “As in, Kang Minseo? As in, my dongsaeng?”

Ren blushed a little, nodding. “Is it... Is it alright?”

I thought for a moment. “Yes,” I said slowly, “It’s alright, just... Don’t hurt her, araso? ‘Cause if you do...” I gave him my death glare.

Our maknae bowed a little. “Of course, hyung.” he smiled. “I’ll never hurt her.”

I smiled despite myself, amused at the lovedrunk Ren.

“Oh!” I remembered, “You left your phone in the bathroom.” I dug Ren’s pink phone out of my pocket and handed it to him, glancing at Aron. I gave him a raised eyebrow, making sure he knew what I had read.

“Gamsa!” he exclaimed, bowing.

I laughed. “Ren-ah, you don’t need to bow,” I told him, ruffling his hair with a smirk.

A yawn came from the corner of the room. We all turned to see Minseo stretching, her raised arms lifting her hem of her shirt and showing a little of her skin.

“What’d I miss...?” She mumbled.

I turned back to Ren. He had his face buried in his hands and was blushing furiously.

“Nothing.” I told her. “Nothing at all.”