Chapter 4

Pretty Boy + Handsome Boy

Myungsoo's POV

I smiled ear to ear as I walked toward the rooftop, not feeling like going to class today. Today accident enough to make me all warm inside, although at the same times I was scared of what would happen if I was not there to save him on time. I heaved a happy sigh as Sungjong's face kept replying in my mind.

Since the first time I saw him five years ago, I felt attracted to him. At first I thought it was because the boy's girl-like-feature, his milky skin, his fluffy brown hair and those plump pink lips that almost became my possession these past few weeks. But slowly I felt this unexplained feeling toward the boy. My heart kept thumping whenever I saw him.

You might felt weird, why the hell I tried to get closer to him just recently although I had known him for five years. Well, firstly, I did not have the courage to ask him out. It was because the fact that everyone knew me here and there were always eyes watching what I was doing, with who I’m going out with and with all the girls that were trying to get into my pants (no wonder Sungjong called me a playboy), it was hard for me to get closer to him.

And when Sungjong suddenly disappeared four years ago, I thought I had blown away my chance to get closer to him. But a few months ago, I saw him again at the library. I thought I was dreaming or worse, hallucinating. I followed him one day and almost had a heart attack when I saw his bag got snatched away. I was going to help him when he beat me into it. The bruised left on the thief’s face was worth to watch. I braved myself to go and talked to him but once I stood in front of him, I could not help but to by calling him a girl.

Next day at school, I saw him again and this time I greeted him—I’m not going to make the same mistake by ignoring him. I heard the students gasped but Sungjong seems to not notice the others around him. I introduced myself to him and shook his hand—his hand is soft—and he introduced himself back (although I already knew his name). I started complimented him, being all cheesy, just trying to when he blurted out he is a guy. I held back my laughed and just answered that I knew it, making him confused. Seeing how cute he looked, I leaned closer and asked him to go out with me, making him went adorable red.  He got angry and smacked the file he was holding right onto my face. Although it hurt, it was worth a tried. I grinned like a mad guy and called him cute and when he said that he will never called me handsome, I smirked and started to back. At least he thought me handsome. And I started seeing him everywhere, at the beach, the shopping mall—it was like we are destiny to be together *insert smirk*.

 I looked up at the blue sky and smiled brightly.

“Well, the mission is starting, that kitten is going to be mine, for sure.”

 

****

“Yah, Lee Sungjong!” Sungyeol waved his hand in front of the younger’s face, trying to grab his attention but Sungjong seemed too absorb in his own world. Sungyeol pouted lightly and slumped back down on his seat. They were lucky the teacher was absence today.

Sungjong heaved a small sigh and pull on his hair, frustrated. Sungyeol raised an eyebrow at the younger weird attitude. “What’s wrong?”

Sungjong pouted and looked at Sungyeol, lips trembled and eyes a bit teary. “Hyung!” He wailed and hugged Sungyeol, making the boy startled. “My heart feels weird!” He sobbed.

Sungyeol looked at the boy worriedly. “Is your chest hurting again?” It was so long since the last time Sungjong had the attack. And if it is back…no, Sungyeol would not allow that to happen again.

Sungjong shook his head. “Not that kind of hurt! This is different…” He mumbled the last part, feeling shy suddenly.

Sungyeol let go of the boy and narrowed his eyes, not liking where this conversation going. “Different…?”

Sungjong nodded shyly while biting his lower lips. “It just that….my heart will goes ‘dugeun, dugeun’ when…” He trailed off when he saw the last person he wanted to see right now at the door, waving at him gleefully. “Myungsoo…” He blushed brightly.

Sungyeol furrowed his eyebrows and turned around to see the ‘playboy’ waving at their direction. “Myungsoo?!” He gasped in horror. He turned to look at Sungjong, feeling a tug at his heart seeing the boy blushing. “You like that playboy Myungsoo?!”