• A Small Chance •

My Almost Forged Marriage

 


                                                                           

 

                                                                                                      Song : Block B - Romantically

 

 

                         _______________________________________________________________________________________

 

 

Hyeomin stared at him, her eyes tracing every noticeable movement he showed. He was nervous about the topic and sat back, his hands grabbing ahold of his knees as he tried to think before speaking. She didn't like waiting for something that had made her worry from the beginning, though for different reasons each time.

"Krystal was watching Demon since my apartment doesn't allow pets. When she got back from wherever she had gone, she was actually pretty cool and offered to help me. She even offered to watch him while I got over this emotional stuff with my grandmother. When I asked, she didn't even seem to mind."

The black haired young man looked up at his fake fiancée then, his face showing something she'd only ever seen once on him: vulnerability. He was opening up to her, was actually responding to her without any pride or teasing to get in the way.

Unbeknownst to her, she started smiling as she replied with an "Oh." Jong-In saw it and allowed himself to smile back, his body leaning towards hers again. She felt the warmth from him, the way his eyes locked in on her lips and possibly the heat spreading through her cheeks. Was he-

Yes, Jong In had made his way to kissing Hyeomin yet again. This time, it was gentle and almost hesitant. Was he nervous or was he testing her? She couldn't be sure since all she could focus on was him getting closer and how great it felt to feel his lips on hers. The soft, sensitive skin brushed against the other while the two possessors seeming to give into the sensation. It was… a sensation unlike any other.

She felt his hand then glide up her back to where it would wrap around her shoulder, pulling her gently towards him to deepen the kiss. As her body followed with little persuasion, she felt the air start to spark around them in a way that asked for more than a gentle kiss. She almost didn't give in, but Jong-In had noticed the change in atmosphere as well. His hand moved down to her waist, gripping her there as he kissed her more deeply.

And before she knew it, he had coerced her into leaning back against the pillows and he towered over her with only their lips touching. It was then that he broke the contact, the two emerging for air and to look at the other. Hyeomin didn't remember closing her eyes, but she was certain that she did.

When she reopened them, there he was with his hands holding onto the headboard and his looking down at her hungrily. It was enough to tempt any woman into pulling him down for another kissing round. But the two were growing up; they were in college already. There was no telling how far they would allow this to go and Hyeomin was too unsure with herself to be willing to go past this.

Rolling out from under him, she sat back up and tried to calm her beating heart. He was vulnerable right now and here she was, kissing the poor boy. In her defense, he kissed her first but that didn't mean he was the culprit. She was the bad one for allowing it to continue.

"What is it?"

Hyeomin sighed and looked back at him, now seeing that his hair was disheveled. Had she put her hands in it just now? She couldn't really remember. "I just… I don't think we should do this." The girl was trying desperately to try and find reasons why they shouldn't continue, minus her being scared.

She felt the bed move as he made his way to sit beside her again. "Why?"

He honestly sounded confused. Did he really see no issues with a fake couple trying to be real? They started as a lie.

"This isn't real, Jong-In. You're hurt and we started under a lie. It might seem like it's real but we're really only fooling ourselves." It came out far more harshly than she had intended and she turned to try and soften it.

But he had already risen to further distance them from each other. Great. She had hurt his feelings by speaking the truth. What did he want her to do? Go into this and quite possibly hurt him much more in the long run?

She couldn't do that because… she actually was starting to like him.

"Jong In…"

"No, no. I understand. I was the only person who felt anything behind that kiss just now. Right?"

She glared at him then, folding her arms as she felt a fight already starting. "Listen. What you felt is what happens whenever something happens when you're down in the dumps. You have to wait to see if it remains. If it doesn't, then there was nothing more. You can't guarantee that your emotions will be the same when you're back to normal. You should know this."

She rose to try and get him to look at her. But little that did, since he just negated her every attempt to step into his line of sight. She almost slapped him to make sure he looked at her, even if it was in anger.

But she stopped when he suggested something.

"Then let's try it."

"What?" Her eyes grew wide as she watched him. He might have been looking away, but by the way his fist was clenched… He was trying to keep his thoughts in line as much as she was earlier. She knew this wouldn't last. He was so different tonight. Demon's death did a lot on him; there was no way that he would change as he moved on. If he ever moved on.

"Let's try this out. If what you say is true, then we'll grow tired of each other and nothing will happen. But if you're wrong…" He then looked at her, as if to make sure she was listening. "…Then this might actually be worth our time."

It was a good few minutes before she could respond. What was she supposed to say to that? He had spoken logically but there was the possibility something did happen. Then she would be around for the consequences when the lie came around to bite them in the . She couldn't run away from it once it was done.

But the way he was looking at her, she felt part of her want to give in. A large part of her. He just seemed so determined to try things, like he had actually felt something while they were kissing. But Hyeomin had only felt fear. Wasn't that a warning sign?

"Fine. But we can't let anyone know." That was a given, though. If they found out they were test-dating, they were more likely to find out about their prior agreement. She didn't think that she could handle others knowing about it.

Jong-In then let out a sigh of relief before sitting back down on the bed. Did he think she'd reject that idea too? She felt kind of bad for even making him think she was so horrible to him.

Though she wasn't. She was a great fake fiancée that cleaned and cooked for him. And now kissed.

Just remembering that made her blush return, her eyes glancing over at Jong In who seemed to think of the exact same thing right then. The two turned away from each other with Hyeomin closing her eyes to block things out while he cleared his throat awkwardly.

What a wonderful start, right?

-----------------------------------------------------

"Why can't you do anything right?!"

Hyeomin found herself standing in the bathroom of Jong-In's apartment, trying to get her hair to do right. She was dressed in a nice pair of jeans with black turtleneck wrapping around her torso and a leather jacket around that. The zipper started from her right side and went up to the left side of her neck. It made her look fashionably uneven or it would if her hair decided to listen. Instead, it wanted to frizz in the weather and do exactly the opposite she wanted it to do.

But after a few minutes, she grew tired and just threw it into a ponytail. He had seen her with worse after all. If anything, he should be happy that she had dressed up at all.

After applying lip gloss for the fourth time, Hyeomin moved towards the door. But if she was found there, he might think she was looking forward to this. That might come off as weird. So, she instead moved to sit on a couch and open her laptop. She was so antsy though that nothing seemed interesting at the moment. If he came in and saw her playing solitaire, he just might think something was up.

It was weird to think that she was nervous over this. It was only Jong-In and he'd pick her up in just a second. There was nothing to worry-

Ding dong!

Hyeomin shot up, closing her laptop as fast as humanly possible. He was here and she felt like a mess. What if he didn't like her outfit or decided against this already?

Shut up and answer the door.

She moved towards the door and opened it slowly, trying not to seem too eager. When she looked up at who knocked, she was shocked. It wasn't Jong In. Or at least, it couldn't have been. The guy before her was dressed in a pair of loose jeans, a long-sleeve gray shirt, and a black peacoat. He cleaned up… nicely.

As her eyes lingered on him, his did the same on her. This was their first date and the two were already stunned by their partner. Hopefully, he was stunned in a positive way.

"Guess I'll have to fight off guys tonight, huh?" He smirked at her and she had to think for a bit before sliding on a pair of ankle boots and grabbing her purse.

"Is that your way of saying I look good," she asked jokingly, obviously knowing what his awkward compliment meant.

"Never said that," he stated with a chuckle before locking the door behind her and running after her. "Hey! Pretty sure I planned this date. You act like you know where you're going."

She smiled back at him before turning towards the parked motorcycle in the parking lot. "I have an idea."

"Well, you'd be wrong." She then felt his hand grab her upper arm and spin her towards him, making her collide right into him. The air was chilly, she finally realized and he was a great source of warmth. Even if that also meant the blush that accompanied it.

"Uh… Then where-" He hushed her then with a smirk before moving his hand to hers and slowly guiding her to the nature walk that connected the apartment complex to the campus. The only issue with this path is that lamps were few and far between. It was a creepy place at night to travel. Which is probably why he wanted to go down that route.

"Jong-In… Are you sure about this?" She looked up at him then, squeezing his hand instinctively. He responded with a smirk, nod, and squeeze of his own.

"Don't worry, dear. I'll protect you," he stated with a light chuckle, which got him a hit on the shoulder.

When they entered, Hyeomin already felt slightly paranoid. Without thinking, she tucked herself closer to him and looked around. She didn't even notice the arm that wrapped around her shoulders. She did, however, notice a runner run by them and she almost jumped out of her skin.

But Jong n rubbed her shoulder while laughing, which somehow calmed her down. Maybe she was overthinking things after all?

Only a few minutes passed before they exited the path. The entire time, they only saw one street lamp but she slowly grew comfortable to the darkness. Even if that did mean being teased by JongIn a couple of times.

When they emerged, though, Hyeomin felt herself grow very excited. Before the two, a fair had stationed itself. The smell of funnel cake and popcorn was everywhere and attraction lights lit up the sky. Not many people were there, seeing as it was a school night but the place wasn't completely empty either. It was crowded enough to show the place was worth the money while empty enough to ensure getting to rides as soon as they wanted.

This was a better date idea than just a regular movie-dinner date. She smiled happily as Jong In led her to a ticket booth, only to purchase an all-night deal. They would get stamps on their hands and were allowed to ride as many rides as they wanted. It was the most logical choice, after all.

Hyeomin wanted to ride them all.

"Well? Where do you want to start," Jong -In asked once they made it past the gate. He was already looking around, as if trying to find the best ride to start them off. "Want to start slow? We can go on the Ferris Wheel and work our way over to the Zipper. Or would you like to jump into the wild stuff first?"

This almost sounded like how he wanted to get the relationship going. So, almost immediately, Hyeomin chose the Ferris Wheel. Her fear had reared its head yet again.

--------------------------

The two came off of the Starship 3000 while laughing and trying not to show how dizzy they were. They had already ridden five rides and the night was slipping away from them quickly. "I can't believe you could do pushups while that thing was spinning so fast."

Jong-In smirked and flexed his right arm, the one that she had hers wrapped around. She felt muscle and merely shook her head with a smile. "I have muscles, Hyeomin. You'd think that you would know that by now."

"Yeah, too bad that you don't have much else." She knocked lightly on his head before letting him go and running to her next choice. Before her stood a house of mirrors, something she always enjoyed and she wasn't about to pass it up.

"Get back here," he growled out as he started after her. This made Hyeomin pick up the pace, allowing her to dodge into the makeshift building and into a mirror maze. She was pretty good at navigating these things and was certain she'd get out before Jong In.

That is until she heard him close by. She felt part of her heighten in anticipation as she went to pick up the pace, her arms extended in hopes of feeling for openings. Her mind had somehow turned this into some sort of competition and she wasn't about to lose.

Just as she could hear the exit, she felt her hand get grabbed from a nearby opening and she let out a gasp just as she was pulled in. But she already knew who it was and immediately went to push at him, only for him to wrap his arms around her and pull her close.

"I win," he whispered next to her ear, his breath tingling her earlobe. She froze as she felt her nerves shake and her whole body grow warm again. Jong In played dirty and he was fully aware of it; he had to be since he was this good at it.

He gently turned her to face him, allowing her to see herself in the mirror now. She was flushed minus her cheeks and lips. Her lips were actually pretty red, probably from the adrenaline rush she just got. And her ponytail had loosened to let a messy bit frame her face.

"Hyeomin…"

She looked up at him, now seeing that his eyes hadn't left her face. Oh no… He was going to try again wasn't he?

But just as he moved in, Hyeomin heard a familiar voice from behind her.

"Jong In? Hyeomin? What are you doing here?"

 


 

 

        _______________________________________________________________________________________

 

OMG how long have it been ?

are there still any fans of this fic ? do you still read it 

Anyway , after 1 month of absence here I am with a new chapter !  

anyone excited not ? wanna kill meh ? 

Go ahead brah ! anyway thanks for you comments everybody 

and who  do you think is this familiar voice ?

anyway also what do you think fo the new header ?

Byeeee <3 love youu ! 

tumblr_md4q05GsPD1rglkc2o1_500.gif

/ too hot to handle/