Too Much

Jjigae

It had been a long and grueling day for Minho. What with DT, HB and his group's promotions. He was literally worn out. He did not need smack from any member right now. Especially Key. Shinee was learning a new choreography for their upcoming single and there is no denying Key's excellent dancing skills. But Minho was finding fault with Key's steps at every turn.
Finally, Minho walked up to Key and grabbed his arm, " Honestly Key must you always hug the spotlight? We are 5 in this group" he said holding up his hand to show five. " We are 5 not 1".
Key never one to take things as they come, snatched his arm away.He was smaller than Minho but no less intimidating when mad. Everyone else was sweating profusely from the choreography but Key was still looking fresh. How does he do that?, Minho wondered, only to be snapped to attention by Key. " Well excuse me Choi effing Minho if you cannot keep up. I am to step in front of you at this point before Taemin glides in. That is how it goes".
Actually Key was right but Minho for some reason had worked himself up into a tither and the other members could not understand why. He looked around and saw the other members staring at him in confusion. Then he stormed off hearing Key yell, " Yeah that's right. Just walk right off  just like you did in DT". A collective gasp could be heard from all the other members. Minho had been a leading ace on DT till he walked out of a game when his team needed him most. For Key to remind him of that was just Key. He never pulled his punches in an argument. And that was one of the main reasons he and Minho never got along.
Minho was the typical tall, dark and handsome young man. Charismatic and gentlemanly. He was soft spoken and the ladies swooned at his baritone when he spoke or rapped. He loved sports and outdoor activities. Key was unbelievably attractive, loved to be fashionable and you could not see him doing anything outdoorsy. Unless under duress. Key was also very outspoken and had no problems telling it like it was even in cases that needed tact. Which meant he was often having to render apologies to others. Except, he had NEVER offered one to Minho and Minho got the worst of Key's acerbic tongue. But only the members knew how much Key unleashed his barbed tongue on Minho. Once they had to break up a fight between Minho and Key because Key just won't shut up and Minho was going to punch his lights out. This was when they had just started their training. They were still young and full of teen angst. Minho was beyond bossy back then and Key was simply...Key.  
  Minho left to call his girlfriend Yuri. "Can I come over Yuri?". " Sure babe", she replied, " I can tell something is bothering you."
Meanwhile Onew, the group leader got on Key, " Was that really necessary?".  "What?" Key shrugged, " Did I lie?". Taemin, in a soft voice added, "Did you have to bring up DT?". Key him and was about to lay into him when Jonghyun intervened, " Key he has a point. You were simply cruel". Key crossed his arms as he flipped his hair, his highlights making him look ethreal. " All of you kowtow to him and I do not know why. So he is handsome, he is tall, he is athletic , he is an idol. But so are we." Jonghyun muttered " Not tall though" to which Key snapped back, 'Whatever". Then Key walked toward their things, a hand on his waist and a hand on his forehead. You could see how tired he really was. " Look", he began, " maybe I went too far with the DT comment. But why does he get to act out and we have to take it? Taemin is younger, yet keeps a cooler head. I understand how much he is going through right now, I really do and I know it is not easy having to stay on top. But I am simply sick and tired of him. Do you understand?" Key finally yelled the last part. " I just wish he would go far far away, Mr. Flaming Charisma". 
" But I won't Key, you hear. Why should I make things any easier for you?" Minho had walked in just in time to hear only the last part. He grabbed his stuff and left. Key just shrugged at the others and went the other way to their dorms.
Key showered, pampered himself  then got ready for bed. But he could not sleep. He kept replaying his argument with Minho. In the list of arguments they had had, this was nothing. But it still felt as if this argument was more significant. Key remembered his heart beating really fast when Minho grabbed him. As Minho towered over  him, his body glistening with sweat from all that exertion, Key's breathing became laboured. His mind went blank for a bit as Minho pulled him closer to yell at him. It was only when Minho shook him that he snapped back to reality and went off. He had not meant to but when ever Minho came at him, he found himself becoming cruel and unbending. He tossed and turned wondering what Minho was going to do now. It was going to be a fitful night.
  Meanwhile at Yuri's, Minho had unburdened himself to her about Key and she had been understanding. They made love and cuddled. But Minho could not sleep. Key had gone too far tonight and things were coming to a head. Something had to give. And he fell asleep on that thought.