Epilogue.

Society of Red

Epilogue.

 

Change is terrifying.

Kai considered that idea very intently when planning how Madelle and his relationship would progress from then on. He was ever so cautious in regards to anything Madelle.  Despite his pessimistic ways, she could never regret her decision of becoming his blood companion like he feared.

With Kai’s hard work and determination, there were little changes done to Madelle’s routine. She remained living in her apartment and still worked the graveyard shifts at the convenience store. Kai also went so far as delaying to list Madelle as his blood companion, which was considered an offence against government laws. All of EXO upon Kai’s request agreed to keep Madelle a secret, though everyone knew Kai would eventually be found out.

“Can I?”

Kai would ask every week. They would lay in her bed, talking about how their week had gone. Madelle thought he always looked so tired when he came to her. She wasn’t sure how often blood companions were needed, but she could tell that Kai never came before the brink of exhaustion. And when that time came, he never took more than necessary. He always asked for permission, sounding as if he would expect a rejection. Madelle could only peck Kai on the forehead and guide his mouth to her neck without hesitation.  It wasn’t so bad, giving her blood. It was like a weekly shot in her imagination. Kai was as gentle as could be, making the smallest incision with his fangs and what he needed with quick precision.

Once, Madelle tried to keep him there longer. His hands gripped the back of her shirt so tight that they shook. Growls vibrated against her ribcage and his fangs dug deeper than ever before. When she pulled him away, his expression reminded her.

Kai was scared of change too.

That night, it was the spark. Kai broke down and told her all his selfish thoughts. How he craved for her non-stop, how he wished to hold her and never let her go. How he was so scared of the power she had over him, the power that tore through the restraints of keeping Madelle in her secure world and away from his side. He couldn’t think of anything else besides wanting to completely claim all of her.

They fell asleep in each other’s arms, but Madelle woke to an empty bed. That emptiness only grew until she came to the resolve that something had to be done. Something had to change. The strain between them was too big and the bond too strong for them to continue as they were.  So, she enlisted the help of the others.

It was funny, seeing Kai’s dumbstruck expression from over the receptionist counter.

“W-what are you doing here?”

“I work here now,” she smiled innocently, “By the way, can you thank the boys for me for moving all your stuff?”

“My…stuff? Where?”

“To my apartment.”

Kai apparently didn’t take to the news as well as Madelle thought because he jumped over the V.A.R.A receptionist counter and grabbed her wrist. In a split second, they were in a dark conference room with the only light coming from slits between the window blinds.  Grips were tight on her hands and his tilted head forced his bangs to cover his eyes.

She explained that EXO pulled some strings and got her the job at Vampires Against Rogues. The agency was hesitant to take her, despite the appeal of having someone who could work during the sun lite hours. Madelle paused before telling Kai that the admittance of being his blood companion was what sealed the deal. That confession also explained without words why Kai was forced to move in with her; the law required blood companions to live together.

“I’m entirely yours now,” were the words Madelle finished with. The grip relaxed and she could see a small and shaky grin forming on Kai’s lips.  

She was glad she brought a scarf to work that day. She could at least hide the bruising bite marks that were probably caused the passing vampires to glance at her strangely.  She was a little woozy all day, half from Kai getting overexcited and the other half coming from her own excitement.

Change is messy. Change is different. Change is terrifying.

But together, that change for Kai and Madelle is also exhilarating, adrenaline pumping and a beckoning adventure.  


Done.done.done. Why did it take me this long to post this teeniiiieee thing. i dunno. we gon' deal though.

Thanks for reading! I'm so happy I finished this. This story was probably one of the hardest things I've ever written. Motivattion and muses flew away like, all the time. Nevermind that I'm more of a werewolf chick than vampire. LOL. 

ANYWAYS. Good night. Love you all. Thanks to all subscribers, commenters, upvoters and of course and most importantly, readers alike. <3

Here's cutie Kai with bandana. Mhm, I likey.