The 2nd Meeting & Pink Roses

Who Cares About Valentine's Day?!

A/N: chapter 2 ^^ enjoy~ its nearly ending after this xDDD

xx

***

While Miyoung had texted Dongwoon, Hyejae left her apartment. She wrote a note on the counter.

Sorry for leaving without telling you. I want to get some time to myself. I’ll pick you up tomorrow at 10.30. Cya. X

Hyejae sighed as she walked out of the large apartment complex her friend lived in. She felt the chocolate she had made this year bump against her leg every few steps, reminding her of her single status.

She looked up into the sky and whispered,

“Why does life have to be so bitter?”

“Because life is unfair.” A voice suddenly answered her. She widened her eyes and then turned around to see the boy she had met almost two hours ago on the streets. She stared at him.

“What? You’ve never seen me before?” He said, a smirk on his face again. Hyejae shook her head and said,

“No, I’ve just never seen a person as arrogant as you are before.” Hyejae turned around and left, not wanting to get involved with a boy that was so rude.

Obviously though, he caught up to her soon, a smile in his voice.

“I’m Junhyung. You are?” Hyejae stopped and turned around to face him.

“Why are you following me?”

“Answer my question.”

“No, I have the right to not answer your question that is based on me. Now answer mine.”

“If you don’t answer mine then I won’t answer yours.” Junhyung said and crossed his hands on his chest and waited expectantly on an answer. Hyejae cursed herself mentally and reluctantly said her name,

“Hyejae.”

He smiled at her and Hyejae felt her heart beat quicken. She shook her thoughts away and waited for his answer,

“A friend of mine asked me to accompany him to his future girlfriends place.” When he said the word “girlfriend” Hyejae swore she heard his voice tighten but a second late it was gone.

“I see. Well, good bye then.” Hyejae said and then turned around to leave. But Junhyung followed.

“Are those chocolates?’ He said and Hyejae didn’t answer but just quickened her pace. Why the hell is this guy following me?! Hyejae thought to herself and then a second later, she felt her chocolate filled bag being pulled out of her hands. She wiped around and saw that Junhyung took her bag. He was digging into it and produced the chocolates that she had made with Miyoung.

“So you’re giving this to your boyfriend huh?” He said, his voice filled with mockery.

Hyejae tried to grab it off him but he held it up high into the air, waiting for an answer.

“I-don’t-have-a-boyfriend!” Hyejae said on and off as she tried to jump up and reach the bag but he held it out of her reach, an amused expression on his face.

“Then can I have one?” He asked her with a smile. Hyejae stopped trying to reach the chocolates and then sighed.

“Go ahead. I have no one to give it to anyways…”

He smiled at her and then opened the box and picked out the smallest chocolate that she had made. Hyejae frowned and Junhyung noticed the frown and explained,

“I need to know what type of a chocolate it is. I only like dark chocolate because it’s bitter just like loving another person.” Hyejae’s eyes widened when he said that and stared at him while he ate the chocolate. A second later, his eyes widened too and the, the two of them were staring at each other.

“You…” He said, his voice softer than a whisper.

“You…” Hyejae said, her voice barely audible with the wind that was blowing against her face.

Neither of them said anything.

“Hyejae!”

“Junhyung hyung!” Junhyung and Hyejae blinked and then, the spell disappeared. Junhyung turned around. Hyejae and Junhyung saw Dongwoon and Miyoung stand there, with a confused expression on their faces.

Hyejae grabbed the box of chocolates out of Junhyung’s hand as well as the bag that she put them in. She fixed it and then stood there as if nothing was wrong.

Miyoung walked towards Hyejae with a smile and then pulled her away from Junhyung and Dongwoon.

“Oh my gosh! I didn’t know that you and Junhyung oppa knew each other!” Hyejae was about to retort when Miyoung silenced her.

“You two go so well together! You two should so get together!” Hyejae looked into Miyoung’s eyes and saw what she hated seeing the most! Miyoung was in her matchmaking mood…again!

“No! Miyoung, please don’t! I really don’t-“ She silenced me with her look and I sighed.

This isn’t going to end well.

*

Junhyung frowned as he still felt the bitterness of that girl’s chocolate on his tongue.

He had never tasted chocolate that was that bitter before. He felt that the chocolate was bursting with regret, hatred, sadness and longing for someone. Funny thing was, he felt just the same way.

“How can she…”

--

“I-don’t-have-a-boyfriend!”

--

Junhyung knew.

She was just like him. She had suffered the same thing that he had suffered so that was why she had that look on her face.

He turned around and looked out the window of his room. It was completely dark outside now and the full moon was shining brightly at him. One thing good about his apartment was that the moon was always outside his window until he fell asleep.

He willed himself to not fall asleep but, he failed. He closed his eyes gently as he though of the face of that girl while she said those five words.

*

Hyejae was woken up by her doorbell ringing. She sighed and got up. She hated the fact that with even a little bit of noise, she could wake up from her sleep.

She slipped on her slippers and pulled on a jacket over her pj’s.

“Coming!” She shouted out and when she got to her door, she opened it while saying,

“Who is it…” She was greeted by a large bouquet of pink roses, her favourite flower. She stared at it and then heard the delivery man say,

“This is for Kang Hyejae.”

“Um, I’m Kang Hyejae…” Hyejae replied hesitantly and the delivery man handed the flowers to her.

“Please sign here.” He said as she took her flowers from him. She said,

“Hang on a second please.” She put the flowers gently on her glass table and then turned around to go back to the door when she heard something drop onto the ground. She turned around and saw a card with a velvet box. She frowned. She turned back to the delivery man and then signed the piece of paper.

“Thank you!” She said and then closed the door behind her. She turned around and then walked to her glass table where she picked up the velvet box that she instantly knew that it was from Tiffany. She opened the box and it revealed a very simple and empty silver chain with a silver plaque underneath it. Behind inscribed, was the date and the event. 14th February 2011. Valentine’s Day. She frowned and then opened the letter.

We met because of our hatred of Valentine’s Day and our love for dark chocolate. Please spend this day with me so that we can create meaningful memories on this day. Junhyung.

Hyejae stared. A guy she barely knew was asking her out on a date?! Her home phone rang and she picked it up.

“Hello?” She said into the receiver and was greeted back by Miyoung.

“Hey! Look, don’t come a pick me up at 10.30.”

“What?! Why not?!”

Miyoung laughed through the phone and then said,

“Because I’m actually on my way to Dongwoon’s right now. We decided to meet up earlier. Sorry honey! I’ll call you at the end of the day okay? Bye!” Hyejae opened to speak but she was listening to the beeping sound of her home phone by then.

“What the…” She said as she put down her phone. She looked down at the letter and then noticed that at the bottom, there was an arrow. She frowned and turned to the back of the card; Meet you at the water fountain in Seoul Park at 12 sharp!