...

I have a Secret

 

Saera was in her bedroom but more like on her floor than on her bed. She was looking intently at the clock in front of her… ticking around -22h01-22h02-20h03…

It was over? Did he really treat her like that? Didn’t he feel anything at all? Why? Why her best friend out of all the girls who would die for him? So many questions were rushing in her head giving her a freaking headache. Her eyes started getting heavy when suddenly “Turn it up” was blasting in the building that she could feel like a stereo was on in her own place. She groaned and stood up completely pissed off thinking it was TOP who wanted to pull a prank on her until she opened her apartment door to find no one but the whole building shaking at the music which apparently was coming from the apartment just in front of hers. Since when did she have neighbors?

The music was getting louder each time the couplet with “Turn it up loud” and her headache was not helping either. She walked angry steps to the door and knocked loudly but to no avail. Then she rang the doorbell repeatedly for what seemed like eternity, she was going to knock again but the door opened revealing a brunette in her boy short and a large white button-down shirt that had the sleeves turned up to her elbows with her black hair tied up in a high ponytail and her bangs resting in a messy way at the front. Sweat drops were noticeable on her neck and forehead and a broom in her right hand. Saera looked at her friendly face which had a warm smile drawn on it but questioning round big black eyes.

“Hi, can I help you?” She said through the deafening music.

“Turn it off.” Saera said putting her hands on her ears.

“I’m sorry, what?” The girl asked louder, frowning like she tries to understand what Saera’s asking.

“The music!!! Turn it off!!” Saera screamed to be heard.

“Turn it off? No, it’s Turn it up!” The girl said smiling again.

OMG! Do I need this now? Seriously, my day was way exhausting! Can’t you spare me for a minute? Saera thought looking up. The girl seeing Saera’s eyes fixing the ceiling turned to look up there for whatever she was fixing.

Saera noticing movement found the girl glancing at the ceiling then at her again.

“I SAID LOWER THE VOLUME FOR GOD’S SAKE!!!” Saera yelled at the top of her lungs but at the same time the music ended and the girl jumped back putting her hand on her heart because of the shock.

“I can hear you! What’s wrong with you screaming like that?” The girl asked Saera like if she was an alien.

Saera looked at the girl in front of her incredulously. “What’s wrong with me? WHAT’s WRONG WITH ME?” She repeated feeling herself losing her temper. “Everything is wrong! I had the MOST FREAKING BAD DAY IN MY LIFE when I thought everything was fine that I’ve met the perfect boy, having the perfect friends and the perfect job until I found out that MY BOYFRIEND who works in the same company as me and have the same circle of friends as mine WAS ACTUALLY TWO-TIMING ME WITH MY FREAKING BEST FRIEND!!! And you came out of nowhere with a BLASTING STEREO SYSTEM!” She screamed angrily in one shot without even taking a single breath. Saera started to take deep breaths closing her eyes to calm herself only to open them in front of the still-anonymous girl who was blinking her big eyes at her obviously trying to grasp all the information that was thrown at her at once and suddenly Saera felt stupid. Did she just tell her life-story to a complete stranger who happened to be her new neighbor? Way to go Saera!

The girl put the broom she was still holding again the wall near her and pulled up her sleeves before turning to a suddenly uncomfortable Saera standing like an idiot in front of her door and smiled the same friendly smile she had in the beginning.

“Well that guy ! Hi, I’m Jaelyn you can call me Jae if you want. Obviously I think I’m your new neighbor.” She said calmly while extending her hand.

Saera coughed loudly and was trying to look everywhere but at her. “Yes, I’m hum… Saera.” She said shaking hands hesitantly.

“Well nice meeting you Saera, you sure know how to make a first impression.” Jaelyn laughed and Saera slowly blushed. “Come in, I just moved here today it’s a bit messy but we’ll manage.” Jaelyn offered kindly.

Saera on the other hand just realized fully what she just did and all what she wanted was to run back to her apartment and hope for the earth to swallow her alive. “Sorry… I mean thanks but …” and here she was stuttering. “I mean I’m sorry for yelling at you like that and thanks for inviting me but…” She was trying to make sense but failed completely.

“Just come in, I’ll do like you are not some freaking unstable psycho who banged on my door” Jaelyn laughed again and pulled Saera in. “I’m sorry about the music but you know there’s that kind addiction I have each time he says “Turn it up loud” I just can’t help to do what he says so I think I was about to create an earthquake or something” She joked and Saera smiled. If TOP could hear this he would boast about it for years.

“It’s ok, I think I only reacted like that because of my…” She cut herself again feeling like she was going to spill more than she already did.

“Situation?” Jaelyn continued nodding knowingly. “You can sit here.” She ushered toward a couch in what seems like future-to-be living room. Saera sat politely while looking around her; there were still big boxes here and there. “Sorry for the mess again, the kitchen is operational though; do you want coffee or a drink?” she offered.

“No I’m ok.” Saera dismissed politely.

“Oh come on!! Wait, I’ll bring you the best remedy.” Jaelyn went quickly to the kitchen beforeshe could even protest. 2min later, she came from the kitchen with one big cup. “Drink this in one shot, you’ll feel great!”

“I don’t hold my drink.” Saera said frowning a bit intimidated suddenly. Her day couldn’t get worse.

“Don’t be silly, it’s just water.” Jaelyn chuckled, “But trust me it’s the best medicine for your case. I experienced something like that before too.” Saera looked at Jaelyn who was actually sitting facing her on the couch. “So you mind if I ask you what happened.”

Saera looked at her weirdly, is this girl really interested in her love life? She knew better, she had to be careful from strangers. Jaelyn noticed Saera’s struggle.

“Hey, don’t worry I won’t tell anyone, I just want to help. If you noticed we are in YG’s dorms which mean I’m also an YG girl, YG is a family if I’m not wrong, right?” Jaelyn told her reassuringly.

Saera then drank her iced water in one shot, groaning a little as the cold hit her teeth and throat like a hammer but then after shivering a little she smiled, it didn’t solve her problem but sure it was energizing. “You are a trainee?” Saera asked curiously since she hasn’t heard about it. Maybe it was announced today while she skipped training.

“Yes I am.” Jaelyn confirmed totally grinning. “You too, right? You’re from the project?”

Saera nodded and then smiled, the girl looked trustworthy, a bit crazy but still they were in the same company and both trainees so yeah they had things in common and she really needed to vent all her disappointment and heartbreak. She couldn’t tell Miranor TOP, he would listen but she will bore him with girls talk so Jaelyn was her only option. “This cold water thing really works.”

“I know right! So what’s your story?” Jaelyn asked pushing a pillow on her knees and leaning on her elbows completely all ears. That night they spent 3 hours bashing, comforting and laughing, and surely planned about revenge they would get the coming days. Jaelyn was a good advice and looked like the real expert in heart’s matters and Saera found a real friend in her, she was sure they would be great partners.

 

The next morning Saera woke up a little bit lighter than her dramatic state yesterday. She her phone only to find 8 calls and 1 msg. she checked the calls first, mostly from TOP and Miran then she opened the message and to her surprise it was from Taeyang.

‘Smstaeyang: You ok?’

The nerve of him, he dared texting me if I was ok? Why not insult me when you’re at it! I decided to ignore him and went to freshen up and prepare myself I didn’t want to go today but Jaelyn told me I should go to not show that it actually affected me. She also wanted me to accompany her since it was her first day. We met downstairs and headed to the YG building, Daesung was waiting outside looking around like he was lost.

“Hello Dae.” I greeted him, taking him by surprise.

He jumped gasping and Jae andI burst out laughing.

“Saera! Do you want to give me a heart attack?” He said faking upset.

“You gonna live. What are you looking for?” I asked curiously.

He then turned and scanned Jaelyn from head to toe then smiled his broadest smile ever.

“She the one I’m looking for!” he said grabbing her hand.

“WHAT?” Me and Jae both almost yelled.

“She’s the new trainee I suppose so I’m her guide for today.” He said all happy. “Hi I’m Daesung, you are Jaelyn right?” She nodded clearly lost “Welcome to YG Entertainment.” He said joyfully.

“Thanks I guess, but can you please let go of my arm.” She reminded him and immediately he let lose blushing a little bit.

“Saera, Taeyang was looking for you just…” he suddenly stopped and looked behind her. “Speaking of the devil!” The girls turned to see Taeyang coming their way; Jae sent a comforting look toward Saera and excused herself.

“Daesung why don’t you go to the meeting room, I’ll grab some coffee and then come.” She said and went to the coffee machine without waiting for him to reply. Feeling the tension of the two left persons near him, he decided to just go with the option Jaelyn gave him.

“ you didn’t asnwer my text ?!” Taeyang said in low voice, “ oh you texted me ?! oh sorry I was busy so I didn’t check” she said rolling her eyes what the hell does he want her to do Hug him and say I’m sorry I should have answered ? , I cold silence took place between them but SaeRa decided to break it and walk away excusing her self saying she has practise, Taeyang didn’t oppose and watched her walking away.

 

Jaelyn was trying to walk steadily as she was holding 5 cups of coffee deciding she’ll bring some to her Sunbaes. Today was a big step toward her dream and she needed to impress. As she arrived she tried to open the door with her elbow but failed three times when suddenly the knob went down quickly for her own balance and the door opened making her stumble and throw her coffee on the very person who opened the door. She heard someone grunt and curse slowly; as she looked up she was face to face with the one she didn’t want to meet on her first day.

“What the…?” TOP was furious but when he saw who was in front of him, his face was a mix of shock, curiosity and pain. “Jaelyn?” He asked utterly baffled.

“You know who I am?” she said softly her eyes avoiding his and here she was again, she knew that her life from now on would be a mixture of cumulative drama events. She just knew it.

 

 

 

************************************

Chapter written by My one and Only SOULMAAAAAAAATE <3