"Mingling"

Five Six, Seven Eight

Your mom had taken the seat next to Kai's mom, because she wanted to hold Hyukie. That left you and Kai sitting awkwardly far appart in the love seat. The freaking love seat. You and him sat as far away from each other as possible, all squished up against the arm rest. 

You just wished it would quickly end, and you could go back to the comfort of your own home.

"I forgot to introduce myself! I'm Kim Yong Hee."

The two woman talked and got to know each other. They talked about husbands, early life, beauty, work, really everything for who knows how long. If you didn't know them, you'd think they were the best of friends for years and years. You started to get a headache, and you could feel your bump throbbing and becoming more swollen without the ice pack on it. 

"Now, your best bet would be to completely ignore the neighbors, except for us. Somehow, the es of South Korea migrated over to this area."

Mrs. Kim laughed. "Got it."

"How old are you children?" your mom asked.

"Hyukie is 18 months, and Kai is 16, but he'll be 17 in January."

Your mom's eyebrows went up, and her eyes sparkled.

"Sarang is the same age! I guess they'll be classmates in school, which is walking distance from here."

No Umma. No. Stop. If you love me, you'll stop and we can go home.

"Oh! They can walk to school together!" said Mrs. Kim.

You inwardly groaned in dispare. Why does the universe hate me?

You had forgotten about Kai's presence next to you until he uncomfortably shifted in his corner of the couch.

"That's a great idea, right Sarang?" 

You threw mental daggers at your mother, then nodded.

"When does he start school?" 

"Tomorrow! :)"

You didn't dare look at Kai's reaction.

Kill me now.

>> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >> >>

You rang the doorbell, wearing your school uniform.

 (it should look something like this, only with a longer tie and longer skirt. xD)

The door opened with a wide awak Mrs. Kim.

"Good morning! Kai will be out in just a second."

Is it possible to be so happy at 7:00 AM?

"I've already called the office and told them that you'd be coming in with him. I'm really glad that such a nice girl could show him around. I just wish his girlf--Ah, nevermind."

Girlfriend? He has a girlfriend? It probably shouldn't have been such a suprise to you, since he was a model. His girlfriend was probably some tall 173 cm tall ulzzang. 

Kai shortly came out. He kissed his mother good bye, and the last thing you two heard were, "YOU TWO GET ALONG! STUDY HARD! FIGHTING!" being shouted by your mother from a window in your house.

You waved your hand in the air as a sign of good bye without looking back. 

 

The silence was deafening between you and Kai. His legs were so long, you had a little trouble keeping up with him. 

I'm supposed to be leading...

You tried to make some small talk in order to make things a little less awkward.

"So...you're a model. For what agency?" You didn't even know the name of one,

He gave you a side glance.

"Don't talk to me." So much for getting along.

You were taken back by his blunt words. I never did anything wrong to him. Was he on his man period or something? 

Have it your way.

You ignored him the rest of the way, kicking stones and pebbles during the process. 

All this time, you thought that you and him could actually be friends. 

You reached the school early so that you could get Kai set up and be done.

After entering into the office and explaining the reason you were there, Kai was given his uniform, and he went into the bathroom to change. He came out looking like the model that he is, but you weren't going to show him what you thought.

"Eh, you could look better." I said partially to myself.

He heard and glared at me.

"Okay, mister..Kim Jongin, you will be sharing a homeroom with miss Sarang here."

 

A/N Chapter three done! Yes. I know the poster is rubbish, but it felt so...empty without one. I hope this chapter was okay.

Thanks for reading!