The Date

Crystal Clear

He took me to dinner and a movie.... typical first date... but when I thought he was taking me home, he blindfolded me, and told me that the next place was a surprise. 

"Where are we going?" I asked him curiously.

"You'll see when the time comes." He responded in a happy tone.

I was so curious that I just wanted to take the blindfold off. I didn't because I didn't want to ruin the surprise. After a few minutes, we finally stopped. He got out of the car, and came around to open my door since I couldn't see to do it myself.

"Derick, Where are we? You better tell me where we are. I mean it!" I said sounding scared and irritated.

Finally he took the blindfold off. My heart sank... he brought me to his house for a party that his parents were throwing. This was a surprise because his house was literally HUGE! I wasn't sure I would fit in. When we walked in, the music was blasting, and there was a ton of people everywhere.

"Come on. Come with me. There are 2 people I want you to meet." He said as he took my hand. We walked in the kitchen, and I automatically knew that the 2 people were his parents.

"Derick, there you are. We were looking everywhere for you." The woman said to him while staring at me. 

"Natalia, this is my Aunt Linda, and Uncle Chris. Aunt Linda Uncle Chris, this is Natalia." He lives with his aunt and uncle... but where were his parents.

"We're going to my room for a few... we'll be back down later." He said to them smiling. 

"Okay." They both said.

The house was so big. It seemed like a mansion. We finally got to his room. It was... different. It was so big... Was everything in his house big? And my mom thought he was a trouble maker... "HA" I said accidently a little to loud.

"What's so funny?" He asked. 

"Nothing... Just thinking." I told him.

"About what?" He asked me curiously.

"Something my mom told me when I told her about seeing you for the first time." I said smiling, and walking around his room.

"Oh yeah." Still sounding curious, he replied.

"Yup. But anyway, enough of me. How bout you?" I said when I sat down on his bed.

"Well.. what about me? What do you want to know?" He asked.

"Why do you live with your aunt and uncle? Where are your parents...?. and then it happened. Just before I was done asking my question... he kissed me. Totally caught me by surprise. I couldn't think... I wasn't sure if I wanted to think. However, before I opened my eyes I heard someone whisper something, and I wasn't sure if it was me or him that said it. But when I did open my eyes, I heard it again. Except this time, I was sure it wasn't me that said it.

"I love you... I know it's extremely soon and all of a sudden, and I know that I just totally took you by surprise, and I know it sounds cheesey, but I've loved you since the first time I saw you, and..." now I took him by surprise.

"I love you to, and yeah you did take me by surprise, but it was a good surprise." I responded sounding happy. After we both established that we both love each other, we talked a little more, then he took me home.

As soon as I walked through the door of my house, I felt relieved because no one was up. I couldn't stop thinking about him. I wanted to tell him for a while, and now I have. It was like a weight was lifted off my shoulder's. However, it feels like another was put on me. What would my mom and dad say if they found out who I'm with?