Couple life.

We've been married. That's all.

 

~ Dara's POV ~

 

I still couldn't fully believe I had got married to a gentleman I had met once at a dinner with our families. He was younger than me and I felt ashamed of the huge between us, I was 27 and he was 21. That man who looked so proper, so polite, who had just graduated university was now my husband.

And I still couldn't believe that though we were married, we didn't feel anything for each other, neither love nor hatred. The only reason that could explain that marriage was the benefit it brought to both our families. Just like ancient times, our families got tied by the union of their heirs and thus got what they both wanted: a proof that the other family would honor their part of the deal. My father, the respected Mr Park, was the CEO of a tech company while Min Ho's father, Mr Choi, was the CEO of one of the country's best marketing companies. By marrying me to Min Ho, they created a bond between them, an oath of respect and a promise to help each other. 

Our wedding had been simple and formal. Only our closest family members and friends got invited. It was one of the most difficult days of my life. I had to smile and to look happy while inside, I felt like running away and never coming back. I had to accept everyone's wishes of happiness while I had to lie when I started crying: I pretended it was because of an overflowing feeling of euphoria while I was simply weeping over my set destiny.

My childhood dream was ruined, finished, squished. I had always wished of a beautiful love story and a great wedding. Nothing had happened according to my dream.

Our families bought us a house, a magnificent and big mansion, but living in this house with a stranger was awkward.

-Sandara-ssi.

-Yeah?

-Would you like a coffee? I made too much of it.

My husband was a good man. He was handsome, polite and well-mannered but he was....too serious. He never smiled, he rarely spoke, he was always busy with his work. He worked for his father of course but he hadn't been given any advantage for being the CEO's son, he had started at the bottom of the company and he was really trying to make his to the top.

-Oh yes, why not. Thank you Minho-ssi.

That was the most interesting conversation I had with him since we got married! I took the cup he gave me and took a sip of coffee.

-I got to go to work, see you later Sandara-ssi.

-Bye.

When the door closed I sighed. I wanted to tousle his too perfectly combed hair, I wanted him to dance crazily, to sing, to let his emotions show on his face, I wanted him to live! But no, my Choi Min Ho was perfect, in the eyes of my parents, at least.

On that depressing thought, I grabbed my keys and went to work.

Working freed me from the heavy atmosphere at home. My colleagues envied me my good-looking husband but they pitied me for marrying him because of an arranged marriage.

-Hey, Why don't you call him by an affectionate name? He would maybe get closer to you! Ju Ri, one of my colleagues, suggested.

-What's his name by the way? Min Ho? You could call him Minnie or Honey! Hye Su, another colleague of mine said.

-You're mad!!! He would think I'm crazy!

-Okay okay! So stay like this until you're 90!! Ju Ri sniggered.

 

I frowned. Ju Ri was right. I couldn't let our couple in this boring atmosphere. But what could I do? Love couldn't bloom between two strangers, love wouldn't bloom between two people who had been forced into a relationship they had not wished for.

When I came back home; earlier than as usual, I heard a song playing and it took me a moment to realize it didn't come from a CD or a streming platform... I recognized that voice. My oh-so-serious husband was singing!

I came closer to the half-open door and peeped through the little gap between the door and the wall, he was singing so naturally while looking at some documents! I listened to him singing and God! He had an amazing voice! It was deep but very soft. When he stopped I was a bit in a daze. My husband, my "I never show any emotion" husband who worked in a big company was a great singer.

-What are you doing?

I looked up to see Min Ho looking at me with a curious look.

-Oh, err...I heard you singing and I think you....sing so well! I love your voice!

For the first time, I saw him embarrassed and it was a sight to see. He looked down at his papers and scratched his head with a sheepish smile. Though he looked adorable, his smile made him look even younger, even more baby-faced than he already was and it popped the little bubble of happiness I had felt upon hearing him sing. What could he think of being married to a woman 6 years older than him?

-So you heard me...I never let anybody listen to me when I sing. You're the first one who knows I can sing...

-Really? You're amazing! You have a mesmerizing voice! Oh please, sing something for me! I exclaimed.

-I....I'm not sure I can.

I made a cute face and he looked at me as if I told him I wanted to do a trip in the Sahara desert with a bicycle. So basically, he looked at me as if I was super weird.

-Oh...forget it, I sighed.

I smiled awkwardly and left him.

-Hey! Wait!

I spun and waited for him to speak.

-I met you during the chaotic times, eh, I didn't know anything but I was mad at people who kept telling to give up because it was hard. No girl, I only show you the bad sides of me, oh. Even if my body breaks and my heart rips, I will keep that promise that I will protect you forever.

My eyes grew wide, the song was so slow and his voice so soft. I smiled widely and clapped my hands.

-That was amazing!

I don't know why I did that but I hugged him, I think I needed some comforting skinship like this. He looked down and a little mini tiny smile appeared on his face. At last! I had seen him smile for once! I released him slowly.

-I will prepare the dinner. I'll call you when it's ready. I suppose you have some work to finish.

-Okay...do you need help? He asked.

Oh wouah! I didn't know how to react, he wanted to help me! I murmured a little 'yes' and we went to the kitchen.

-Is there something you want to eat? I asked.

-Er...why not ramyuns? He suggested.

-Ahaha! Do you want to have a swollen face by eating ramyuns at night? I laughed.

-Ah yeah true...Ah! Jajangmyeon?

-Ok! Let's begin. Oh my! We've been talking for three minutes!

-What?

-Ah nothing! Sorry!

We cooked together, I mean I cooked and Minho helped me. He was so cute, struggling with his onion. Poor him, his eyes were crying. I took a towel and wiped his tears. Had my dream come true? Had I found the perfect husband?

Minho wiped his last tears with his fingers.

-No don't do that! I exclaimed.

-Aaaah! It stings!

Aish! Wiping his tears with his dirty fingers, he really was a beginner! Kekeke! He washed his hands and cleaned his eyes.

-You okay? I asked.

-Yeah, I'm okay.

Weirdly, an awkward silence filled the kitchen and the dinner was quiet too.

After dinner, I went to my room (we had a master bedroom but we both slept in the guest rooms) and even if it was only 10 pm, I fell asleep quickly.

 

 

~ Minho's POV ~

I wasn't the husband she needed. She was lovely, full of goodwill, enthusiastic while I was pretty serious and emotionless.

When she heard me singing, I felt embarrassed. It was my little secret but instead of laughing at my face, she just congratulated me.

After that, she said she had to prepare the dinner and I offered my help but I never cooked in my entire life, at home we had maids who did the house chores!

Moreover, she asked me to cut the onions! I was crying because of them and the gentle Sandara wiped my tears. She was really a good girl. Soon after the dinner, she went to sleep. I sighed. If only we had got married because we were in love, everything would have been different. Don't think I didn't feel anything for Sandara. It was just that I didn't know how to express my feelings. I climbed the stairs, absorbed in my thoughts, and opened my room door.

It was dark so I the light. Whoops! I had entered the wrong room, it was Sandara's! She didn't even notice I was there since she was deeply asleep. I came closer and looked at her. She was really beautiful. I was lucky to have her as my wife. I softly lay next to her on the bed and stared at the ceiling. I closed my eyes and fell asleep some times later.

I slept so well until something moved next to me, my eyes fluttered open and I saw Sandara cuddled up next to me. When she woke up, she looked at me with a surprised look then she glanced at my arm which was resting on her waist.

-What time is it? I asked to avoid an embarrassing question.

-10 am.....10 am??? We're late! She exclaimed.

We stood up in two seconds, get dressed in two minutes and left home with our own cars.

-Minho-ssi, you're kinda....late. Jung Su, my secretary said

-I noticed it, thanks. Has the meeting already begun?

-It started 30 minutes ago.

-Aish, I'm in trouble.

I combed my hair with my hand, pulled on my jacket collar and knocked on the door.

-Come in.

I entered the meeting room and bowed.

-Please excuse me.

-You better come earlier next time. The president, my father, said coldly

-Yes, Mister Choi. I said

I sat and followed the meeting with attention. When it ended, I reached my floor and worked the whole day but I wasn't in the mood. During those past two months, everything seemed to be so...monotonous.

After work, I left the company and stopped by a bar to drink a glass of soju but I ended drinking more than one and when I went back home my steps were unsteady.

I opened the door and slumped on the sofa.

-OMO, you're there! I was so worried! Sandara exclaimed and sat next to me.

-You...didn't have to, what I am for you? Nothing you have to care about...

-What? Don't say that! You're my husband! Did you... did you drink?

-Your husband? I have no right to be your husband, you didn't choose me, you don't love me, I am like a stranger for you! 

-Ssshh, don't say that!

My brain was numb, I was dizzy, I don't know why I did that but I wrapped an arm around Sandara's shoulder and kissed her on the lips. She looked at me with wide eyes but then she kissed me back.

 

~ Dara's POV ~

 

He was kissing me ! He was kissing me! I couldn't break that kiss (even if it had the taste of soju, he was obviously drunk but I liked soju so it didn't bother me much! Kekeke!) ! I hugged him and we went to the room we never used, the couple room as for what followed, you don't have to know about it!

When I woke up, the world outside didn't interest me. Neither the shy sun nor the birds' chirps made me leave the warm bed. I looked at Min Ho's peaceful face. I cuddled up next to him and felt his light breath on me.

-Min Ho, I murmured.

He seemed to hear because he slightly moved his head. When he realized where he was, his eyes grew wide.

-I....did we.....?

I nodded with a mischievous smile.

-I...I'm sorry! I drank too much! I shouldn't have...

-Hey! I'm your wife, you're my husband, don't you...think it's kinda normal for a couple to do it?

-Yeah, it's true but if you don't like me...

-Who said I didn't like you? I asked.

-You didn't choose me because you loved me, your parents did.

-So what? I learned to know and to love you. I love you Choi Minho.

-Really? I mean, I love you too but I didn't want to impose my feelings on you if you didn't love me back.

-So you mean we've been in love with each other since some times already and we never....showed it.

-Apparently! He said.

-Aish, we're really a duet of idiots! I sighed.

Minho chuckled lightly and I almost gasped in shock. He laughed!!

-Can you...laugh again? I asked sheepishly.

-Eh? You're weird you know! He said and laughed.

Wow, his laugh was so natural and cute! I loved it!

-Minho, could you call me Dara instead of Sandara, I like it better. All my friends call me Dara.

-Oh no problem! It's even cuter! He beamed and whispered: I'm glad we are now a real couple.

-But aren't you disturbed by our ? I asked.

-No, it's not because you're older than me that I don't find you attractive! 

Kyaaaah! He was my real Prince Charming! I felt like the path that had been traced for me was now fully my own and I wasn't walking it alone, now Min Ho was with me and I couldn't wait to discover more of him, to see what our relationship had to offer.

 

~~~ Author Time ~~~

Hello! I hope you enjoyed this oneshot with Minho and Dara! ^^ 

Feel free to subscribe or comment! Bye bye!

Useless PS: The song Minho sang is Y_O_U if you wanna know! X) I'm not the one who invented it! 

For a sequel, I'll see if I have new ideas for these newlyweds! ^-^