Chapter 6

My Matchmaker
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

In the past few days, Jiyong developed a new habit. He always made sure that he brought his phone with him everywhere so that he could take a picture of the man who took his heart away, when the lucky opportunities come by. He constantly visits the places that he saw the man at, feeling hopeless as he waits for the chance for him to meet the man again.

Today, Jiyong promised to meet Taeyang to discuss and clear things out. He had his own plans on how to deal with Taeyang in his head. He intended to thwart the mohawked-man to get his money back and he finally came to the decision that the matchmaking agency was completely useless!

It took a while to think of the perfect plan before he was ready to meet Taeyang.  He didn’t even bother to pick nice clothing to meet with the man, because really, who cares? He just wore clothes that he usually wore when he goes to work and tried to appear formal. Anxiety ate him up and he couldn’t stop thinking about what’d happen if his plan failed.

He promised Taeyang to meet at one of the shabby restaurants located somewhere in town, a restaurant that only opens during lunch hours. He thought it was perfect to work with his plan, because he had a time limit. Jiyong didn’t want to see Taeyang in his office because he was scared that more accidents would happen because he’s just that unlucky.

Taeyang was forced to follow Jiyong’s petty orders after several phone calls and a lot of nagging. They had a lot of things to clear out and Taeyang was tired with Jiyong’s irresponsible avoidance. The man surrendered to Jiyong’s wishes and agreed to meet him at the restaurant. But all in all, Jiyong just wanted his money back.

Jiyong walked casually on the way to the restaurant, where his meeting with Taeyang was set. He stuffed his hands in his pockets and swaggered into the restaurant. He could spot Taeyang sitting on a table by himself, looking annoyed as ever. He walked over and sat on the opposite chair in front of the said man.

Taeyang’s face changed from annoyance to pure horror. He needed time to digest Jiyong’s appearance; he definitely looked a lot different than the first time they met!

Baggy blue jeans, a white V-neck, a black beanie, and painfully bright, green shoes. And the man didn’t wear make-up this time, when was the last time he shaved?

Meanwhile, Jiyong sat across him with his hands folded, aware of the disgusted look hidden in Taeyang’s eyes. Jiyong could see it all.

“Ehem.” Jiyong cleared his throat, exasperated.

“Ah! Mr. Kwon Jiyong,” the latter stood up and bowed, eyes meeting with Jiyong’s irritated ones.

 “Thank you for coming to see me this afternoon. These were the people that I think will fit with your ideal type!” The man smiled, eyes turning into tiny slits as he handed Jiyong a stack of documents that he had prepared weeks before.

“Right. I’m really sorry, but can we eat first? I’m starving and I can’t really think right now.” Jiyong shifted the documents and placed them on the side of the table, raising his hand up to call the waiter to order some food.

Taeyang became even more confused at Jiyong’s unnatural behavior, if only he could understand.

They ordered the restaurant’s featured food without talking. Jiyong could sense Taeyang’s confusion and smiled at the fact while eating his food. Once they were finished, the brunette already knew how to deal with Taeyang’s useless list of candidates. He took the documents and began to skim the list of names and pictures concealed inside the document. Without reading much detail, he started to open the documents one-by-one. It took him less than five minutes to finish reading them, and he closed the documents, pretending to be disappointed.

“They don’t really match my standards,” he gave the latter back the documents, shaking his head slightly, sighing.

“Woah, hold on! Did you even read the details properly? That was way too quick!” Taeyang started to skim through the documents, trying to find a good-looking person. Finally finding one, he pointed at the picture, “Look, how about this one? Nice, clean, clever… she’s really cute, too!”

“I apologize, but I’m not interested. Isn’t there any others?” Jiyong gave Taeyang back the documents, getting more and more irritated each passing minute.

“Mr. Kwon Jiyong, it took me weeks to search for these people. Are you sure you’re not interested at all?” his voice laced with disappointment, he really couldn’t hide it.

“Do you… has anyone caught your interest, recently? Maybe I can find a person similar to the person you like?”

The question caught Jiyong’s attention, silencing him. He began to think deeply, thinking about the endearing boy that lured his heart away… but he quickly erased all thoughts about the boy because he needed to proceed with the plan to make Taeyang go away!

“Nope. So… I’m going to be very busy next month. Which means, that you shouldn’t call me unless you find more candidates that match my standards.” Jiyong called the waiter for the bill.

“Right. Mr. Kwon Jiyong, may I ask you something a little… private? Do you prefer a guy, or a girl as your partner?”

Jiyong hummed before responding, “Both.” Jiyong smiled, he knew his short answers were irritating.

“It’ll make it a lot easier for me if you could be a little more specific.” Taeyang scowled, tapping his feet impatiently. If the man in front of him wasn’t a customer, he would’ve swore.

“Seriously though, I’ve never had a girlfriend nor a boyfriend, so I really don’t know which I prefer,” Jiyong drawled out, eyes lazy and half-lidded.

 “Then I guess you need a class for your love life. It did say in the contract that you get free lessons! This Sunday, we have a training session in the office. I hope you can come!” Taeyang asked, hopeful. He handed Jiyong a hard card, a card that’ll let Jiyong have access to the training sessions provided by the matchmaking agency.

Jiyong sighed and rolled his eyes and accepted the card (only out of politeness, because really, he doesn’t care) “I’ll try if I have time,” he stood up from his seat and leant down to shake Taeyang’s hand. Walking to the cashier, Jiyong paid for the food, listening to Taeyang’s endless nagging.

“Don’t forget! You won’t regret it!” the mohawked-man shouted across the street as they separated.

The latter shook his head after he heard Taeyang’s embarrassing shout, avoiding peoples’ stares. He really didn’t want to attend the stupid training session because he had a mind in plan and he wanted to continue it.

VVIP and Kwon Jiyong were written

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter