#6 Hush Hush

100 Themes Challenge

 

I closed my eyes with a smile on my lips.

I loved to sleep, but only because of my dreams.

He was there… in my dreams… only in my dreams…

And it was unbearable to not have him close by in real life… to not being able to touch him, or to look into his eyes and see that he was here… in the same world as I.

I sometime talked to him about what would happen if we met in real life, but everytime he just smiled, and a faint voice whispered in my head “hush, hush… nothing’s happened in here…”

I let myself fall into a deep sleep after a long day in school, and smiled as someone took my hand in my dream.

I turned around and smiled, then studied him.

“You’ve colored your hair?” I asked as I reached out to touch his now reddish hair – it was soft as silk. I let my hands run through his soft hair as I looked at it closer, felt it, until my hand reached his chin. I quickly withdrew my hand, and smiled shyly at him. He smiled back at me and looked at me with gentle eyes.

“It’s okay” his eyes told me, but he wasn’t saying anything. He hadn’t talked directly to me, even once in my dreams, but I thought that was okay… it was nice to just be beside him, walk beside him and discover amazing places inside of my imaginary world. Every dream was a new adventure, and when I woke up I always felt sad. I always wanted to go back… to him… to that place…

I didn’t want to go to that concrete box full of rules, books and depressions.

He took my hand as we went on the adventure for this dream;

This time we were at a train station… the one I was sitting in as I dreamt it actually. We walked past the tickets booths and went further ahead deeper into the station.

“I wonder why I dream of this place… I never dream of places that I’ve been to in real life when I’m with you…” I wondered, as we walked deeper into the train station until we came out from the dark halls filled with busy people, and then into the huge space where the trains were.

A smell of gas mixed with food and perfumes, hit me as we went into the big space.

“What is happening? Why can I smell the station now?” I wondered and cut a grimace. Suddenly he seemed to disappear a bit. I gripped his hands tighter.

“No! Please don’t go! I don’t want to wake up! I want to be here… with you! Please don’t…!” I said in frustration and felt tears form on my lips, but shut right up as he suddenly pointed into the space while smiling. I gulped, and then hesitatingly looked towards the space where he was pointing to and felt something in me turn.

Just when I was about to call out his name, everything suddenly turned back to normal and I gasped as my eyes flew open and my head smashed into someone’s nose as I looked up surprise. I was panting hard, and tears were dripping from my eyes. I looked surprised around, and then remembered I had hit someone in the face… a person who looked like… like… in my dream, the person looked like…

The person slowly stood up as he covered his nose. His hands were covered with blood and people around us were looking at us weirdly. I quickly got up from the bench to help him; I found a handkerchief from my pocket and gave it to him. I tried to get a glimpse of his face as he took it, but he just grabbed it without looking up at me, and then turned around to dry off the blood.

As he was wiping the blood away and tried to make it stop I came to look at the uniform he was wearing and discovered that we were from the same high school. The school I went to was big, so of course I wasn’t able to know all the students there… but a person… like him…

My thoughts got interrupted as he turned around, and finally revealed his face.

My mouth fell open, and my heart skipped a beat.

He looked at me just as surprised.

“Y-You!!!” we both called out.