#10 Mr. Simple

100 Themes Challenge

"Do Joon...If I asked you... what your definition of life is... What would your answer be?" 

"Definition of life... mine?" I said and looked thoughful out of the big window, I knew I looked the most handsome at this angle. I cleared my throat then looked at the interwiever, "It's gotta be as simple as possible." 

And I smiled.

Like usual.

"Imagine that 5 years has passed... what do you think you would say about the 'you' right now?" the interwiever asked.

"Actually my life were kinda simple... I had everything I needed to be able to survive and live a carefree life. I could eat as much as I wanted but was still able to keep being fit, I had no worries in money 'cause my parents had enough of them and I was an only child + I had my looks so the job as model payed off quite well too. Girls I also had enough of, so i was always somewhat satisfied, and 'friends' ofcourse... which celebrity didn't have any false 'friends'? I didn't need them... if I got tired of one person I could easily freeze him or her out... so there again, it was simple.

I didn't have to worry about my looks either... I was a hardcore ulzzang, a fashionist... the perfect guy actually. When I wanted to get a girl which didn't seem to like me quite much I just had to play mr nice and then I'd have her in my hands in no time. 

Easy as that.

Simple as that.

But really... when I met that girl... that stupid, annoying girl that just seemed to know so much about living a hard life, and bear with suffering and painful memories.... she... changed my whole being with just one question.

I can actually cleraly remember the day I met her... 

We actually never talked after that... and sometimes I wonder where she are right now..."  I told honestly. 

The interwiever looked impressed as she kept starring at me and nodded when I had said something. had falled open, and her eyes shined with curiosity. "Yeah, yeah, interesting." she replied when I finished talking. "So you only knew her for one day?" she asked. I looked weirdly at her, then cut a grimace. Actually I didn't really like talking about her, but... why not?

"No... actually I only knew her for a few minutes... no longer than that..." I answered feeling a bit sad. I looked out of the big window again, looked at Seoul city which lights painted the black night sky light yellow. 

"oh... I see..." she said and seemed to notice my change in mood, but didn't stop anyway; "You seem... rather nostalgic when talking about her. Was she special to you?" 

I looked at the poor interwiever who was just doing her job. How hard it must be to try to dig such memories up from peoples minds, knowing it may hurt the person being asked. How hard it must be... but still... simple. She could actually care less, because what were I to her?

Nothing.

"Okay... I'll tell you straightout so listen." I said and turned around and faced her directly. She looekd stunned at me, but right after sharp. I took a deep breath. 

"I... have never allowed myself to be vulnurable to anyone... never... but that girl, she poked to my heart gently, but that one touch made it burst. When we met... we didn't actually talk... we just... looked at each other..." I said and recalled the faint memory of her standing in her school uniform with swollen eyes, smudged mascara and a red cheek and bruised lip..." 

"Omo, was she beaten up?!" the interwiever interrupted. I nodded slowly, which made her gasp. "Omo, how sad! How terrible!" She commented. I just looked at her, then continued. 

"I was together with some friends... we were looking through bags that we had stolen - just for fun ofcourse - when I met her eyes. They were sharp like a thousands of knives, poisonous as the beautiful Belldonna flower, fragile as ricepaper but deep as deepest pond. She looked at with those strong eyes, and she read my mind... my life... she knew who I was, what I had done, what I tried to hide from everyone who kenw me... including myself... but she had never even met me before. She just... knew... I... that day... fell in love for the first and proberly last time in my whole life..." I said and held back all the emotions coming through when recalling her fierce eyes. 

"That is beautiful... but so..." the interwiever said, but I cut her off.

"Don't you dare say it's tragic, 'cause it's not." I said and gave her a piercing eye contact that made shut right away. "That girl... she... is a true hero... and... I miss her... I really want to hold her and kiss her. I want to say 'everything will be fine'... I want to... to.. be a part of her pain..." I said and wiped a tear away. There was a resonate silence in the room. No one spoke. No one dared to breath... to move...

"Umm... but... what.. did  she... 'ask'...?" The cameraman suddenly asked. I sighed, and smiled even though the tears roamed down my cheeks.

"She... with those eyes... told me off. Kinda... I could see the words she send me... clearly..." I said and smiled for myself. "She said...'Who do you think you are? There is no one in the world as Mr.Simple. I hope you will realise how much you are suffering one day.' but, yeah... it was more of a statement than a question... but anyhow it hit me so hard..." 

The silence filled the room.

"If... you would get the chance to see her... right now... what whould you do...?" the interwiever asked.

"I would smile, then say... 'thank you'..."