1# "Smoking Is Bad"

100 Themes Challenge

 

”Seriously it stinks!” I said and wrinkled my nose. My friend hit my arm and I cut a grimace because of the pain.

“Don’t say it that loud! It’s embarrassing!” she whispered hysterically and pinched my arm.

“Ow! That hurts!” I complained and pulled my arm away from her and glared at her, then at the two guys walking in front of us. Another cloud of smoke hit my face and I wrinkled my nose in disgust and coughed wildly. The boys turned around and looked at us with weird faces.

 

Holy cow they are hot!

 

But they smoke…

 

So… no…

 

“Do we bother you?” the tallest one said in Korean. He had blue hair, cut short on each side and long on top – perfectly styled, he had white clear skin, high cheekbones, smoky eyes full of charisma and stylish clothes. His body was also slender and the way he walked looked so seductive.

 

Have I seen this guy somewhere?

 

He looks familiar…

 

Just before I was going to answer him, Cathrine – my friend – barged in; “No no, not at all.” She said and gave them an angelic smile. They awkwardly smiled back and then turned around – still smoking – and walked again. We also started walking.

 

When are they going to turn in the opposite direction as us?

 

Aw man, come on!

 

Yet another cloud of smoke hit us as the other guy lit up a cigarette.

I grinded my teeth, and gave them an evil glare – which Cathrine seemed to notice – and was just about to burst out some evil curse words, when Cathrine covered my mouth. I looked angrily at her while trying to remove her arms.

“Shh, shh, just keep quiet!” She hissed into my ear, “if you don’t it’s going to be so embarrassing!”

I looked at her, and pretended I was calming down, then as soon she let go of me I couldn’t control myself.

“Ugh, the air is really tight today don’t you think? I almost can’t breathe! Uhuhuh (fake coughing)” I said loudly while pretending I was chatting with Cathrine. The boys in front of us chuckled as they gave us quick glances. They chatted on their language making me not knowing what they  were saying. I glared at them and bit my lip. Cathrine just shook her head and then buried her face in her scarf as good as she could. “Cathrine? You know… my father just quit smoking the other day. He could finally see how disgusting it was and how much it affected those around him. Isn’t that good? Then at least one person has realized how disgusting it is!” I said loudly and turned to smile at Cathrine who looked like she was going to die of embarrassment, just as the tall guy turned around. He sighed and so did the other boy.

“If you have a problem, then why didn’t you just say it?” he said, and made me look at him by burying his flaming gaze into my face. I bit my lip then looked at him.

“I don’t have a problem about you, I’m just talking to my friend about… ugh… smoking.” I said and tried looking composed. He lifted his right eyebrow in disbelief, and then looked at his friend.

His friend was a little smaller, but not much, and had blood red hair and smoky eye makeup. He had fashionable but a little extreme clothes on – with lots of accessories – and piercings in each ear. He was also really good looking – he could easily be a model, the tall guy too.

“Yeah right, we all know you’re talking to us. If you don’t like us smoking then go ahead of us then you won’t get the smoke in your head.” He said and looked annoyed at me. I glared at the ground.

“But you’re walking so fast, you’ll just overhaul us – and that’ll be in no time.” I said hesitatingly and looked at my feet.

Cathrine gazed at me then sighed while she leaned close to me, “What’d I say? Learn to shut up. Seriously…” she said and leaned away facing me with her back, “Ah, cold…” she said and tightened her scarf around her neck. I scraped the ground with my right foot and thought about how to get out of this awkward situation.

“So?” The redhaired one said and looked at me impatiently.

I bit my lip, then looked up at him and was just about to say something when he interrupted;

“U’know… you’d actually look really cute…” he said and made me unable to say anymore, “if you didn’t have that bad attitude.” He said and took a draw on his cigarette and made smoke circles.

“B-bad attitude? What the…!” I said and felt angry again. Cathrine shaked her head in embarrassment and tried to seem as small as possible. “I don’t have a bad attitude! I’m just expressing my opinion! Is that now illegal?! Huh?!” I said and took a step closer to him - the red haired. 

My nickname was actually… ‘Gangster’… ‘cause I always got easily fired up, and many was afraid of me because of my good ‘fighting skills’.

“I just talked to my friend about how disgusting it is to smoke, and about my dad quitting it! I didn’t even talk to you in the first place!” I said and glared at him.

He bit his lip, crooked his eyebrows and took an endangering step closer to me. There was only one meter between us, and he looked down at me in a provoking tone. “When people talk in a raised tone like that, they obviously want those around to hear!”

I took a step closer, and looked up at him showing him that I wasn’t scared of him.

“Well…! I just thought that smoke is so annoying and disgusting and you smoking were hella annoying!” I said and tried to fight back.

“So what? I could care less about you finding it annoying! You could just walk ahead of us, or go to the other side of the street you idiot!” he said and took a step closer to me. We were so close now, that we were almost touching.

“Why would I?! That’s like the lamest thing I’ve ever heard!”  I spat, “would you do that?! NO! Don’t. Think. So!”

“You’re right! I wouldn’t! Because there has to be space for everybody! Alright, you don’t smoke, fine! But I do, and you just have to be fine with that! Yeah alright, I know it’s bad for my health, but It’s my own choice! Besides I don’t smoke in places like restaurants, elevators, shops… all those places! I smoke out here where it won’t bother anyone! So… relax!” he said and pressed his forehead against mine as he spoke, and stepped back when he had finished speaking. He took a big sip of his cigarette while facing the other way. The tall guy and Cathrine looked at each other and then laughed. Cathrine walked up to him, and he put his cigarette on the ground putting it out.

“So childish right? She does it every single time…” Cathrine said and laughed as she looked over at me. I could tell by the way she smiled and the way her eyes were shining, that she was flirting and the tall guy obviously liked it. He smiled back seductively.

“Yeah, GD here always get’s easily upset and annoyed over small things… but especially when people are obviously criticizing him but saying they don’t.” he said and laughed. They turned around and strolled off.

I sighed in annoyance, and glared at GD.

“GD… what a lame nickname…” I scoffed and started walking too. He put out his cigarette and glared at me.

“Happy? I just quit smoking.” He said and walked beside me.

I stared surprised at him.

“Wh-what?”

"You heard me, I just quit smoking… for now…” he said, and laughed when he saw my sour expression, “I’ve got a good deal for you so listen up.” He then suddenly said. I looked at him, he was smiling.

 

Omoya, why so handsome?!

 

But, what is he scheming…?

 

“Im listening…” I said and tried to look like I didn’t really care.

“If… you and your friend… goes out with us tonight for a drink – we’ll pay – then I’ll quit smoking… for some days…” he said and smiled when he saw my surprised face.

“Stranger! That’s a deal!” I said and reached out my hand towards him. He laughed loudly and then looked at me with a charming smile and grabbed my hand and shook it harshly.

“OW, OW, OW!!!” I said and released my hand from his, “that hurt.” I said and pouted. He laughed and then looked straight ahead, then to his pocket in his jacket.

“Wait here…” he said, and stopped, “T.O.P wait a moment!” he called out, and the tall guy stopped. “Can I see your phone? Just for a second…” he said and smiled innocently. I hesitated, but then took out my phone and gave it to him after locking it up.

 

This dude’s clothes look expensive so…

 

He typed something in, then gave me a note.

“Here, my number and here, the address on where we’re going to meet tonight. See ya.” He said, blinked seductively and then walked off. As soon as they had left Cathrine ran over to me.

“Cathrine…” I said, stoned – just starring out in the air, “something amazing just happened….”