Chapter 2

Do you like me? Check yes or no.

Chapter 2 part 3/3 SiFany

 

“Stephanie Hwang, that was your last warning. Detention!” The teacher yelled.


“It’s Tiffany!!” Tiffany yelled in annoyance as she slammed her palms on her desk.


The other students left the classroom one by one as the class was dismissed, leaving Tiffany behind.


“Oh, so you’re leaving too?” Tiffany asked the teacher, who was collecting her stuff. “Shame no one is here to keep me company.” She said sarcastically as she fiddled with her phone.


“Miss Hwang, do you really think I would let you stay here all by yourself?” The teacher said and raised an eyebrow at Tiffany.


“Whatever...” Tiffany muttered and huffed air without really paying much attention to what her teacher was saying. She didn’t even notice the person entering the classroom nor the teacher leaving the classroom.


What Tiffany did notice, though, was her phone being snatched from her hands. “Yah!” She yelled as she snapped her head up to glare at the person who took her phone. It was none other than Siwon Choi.


“You.” Tiffany said coldly as she glared at Siwon.


“None other.” Siwon said and smirked. Suddenly he started looking at Tiffany’s phone, obviously checking out what she had been doing.


“Give me back my phone.” Tiffany demanded and stretched out her hand.


“Sorry, no phones allowed during detention. Homework only.” Siwon said without taking his eyes of Tiffany’s phone.


Tiffany stood up so fast that her chair fell back. “Give me. Back. My phone.” She said through gritted teeth as she held out her hand. It wasn’t like she easily got angry with people, but for some reason, her temper got ten times worse when she was around Siwon.


Siwon looked up from the phone and at Tiffany while smirking. “No.”


Tiffany grabbed for her phone, but Siwon was too quick at putting the phone in his back pocket and grabbing Tiffany’s wrist with his free hand.


“Uh-uh.” Siwon said teasingly as he shook his index finger in front of her. Before Tiffany could even try to slap Siwon, the latter had grabbed her other hand and held both her hands in one of his.


“Yah-”


Tiffany was cut off when Siwon pulled her close to him, with her hands held above their heads and their faces only inches apart.


“Huh...?” Tiffany mumbled in a mix of surprise and embarrassment.


“You really are rude, do you know that?” Siwon asked while smirking.


Tiffany shook her head as if snapping herself out of a trance. She then smiled sweetly while fluttering her eyelashes. “And you’re really annoying.”


“Just sit down and do your homework.” Siwon said in the same sweet voice as Tiffany, with the same gestures.


Tiffany frowned as Siwon released her hands and sat down on the teacher’s desk. She sat down at her desk, which was right in front of Siwon. Just as she was about to move and sit in the back Siwon spoke up.


“No, you can’t move, you have to sit right there.” Siwon said without taking his eyes of a book that he was reading.


“Why?” Tiffany asked and narrowed her eyes at Siwon.


“Because I say so.” Siwon answered plainly.


“Ugh...” Tiffany grumbled and sat back down on her desk. Since she was not planning on doing her homework, she folded her arms and rested her head on them. Slowly she fell asleep.


*Thud!*


Tiffany sat up quickly and palmed the back of her head. She looked around only to find Siwon in front of her with a book in his hand.


“No sleeping during detention.” He said and smirked.


“You hit me with a frigging book.” Tiffany said while staring at Siwon with wide eyes. The statement was a mixture of a question and an accusation.


“And you were sleeping during detention.” Siwon said and gave a smug smile.


Tiffany’s eyes darkened as she stared at Siwon. The latter kept smiling smugly at her in return. Tiffany clenched and unclenched her fists before sighing in frustration and pulling her books and pencil case up out of her bag. She opened her book and started reading quietly. Siwon could only stare at her in surprise.


Siwon sat himself down at the teacher’s desk and glanced at Tiffany, who looked really bored. “Just tell me if you need any help.” He said as he started doing his own homework. Tiffany looked up at Siwon only to glare at him for a second before getting back to reading.


An hour passed, though it felt like 5 hours for Tiffany. She had barely flipped a page in her book as she stared at the pages blankly. She rested her chin on her palm, which was supported by her elbow on the desk. Soon Tiffany felt her eyes felt her eyes get heavy and slowly she felt herself drifting away.


Siwon, who had been occupied with doing his work, glanced up at Tiffany, but the did not notice that she was sleeping, and all he did was smile proudly. “It seems like you are not taking any notes. You know, about 80% of what you have read and noted down will stay in your head so you won’t forget. It is actually a really wise thing to do.” He said and smiled. His smile faded as Tiffany did not respond.


“Yah, are you still mad at me?” He asked as he rested his chin on his folded hands. “You know, I’m not as bad as you think I am. Actually I think you and I have a lot more in common than you think.” He then took the time to stare at her a little. He studied Tiffany’s features carefully, taking in her slightly thick lips and how her hair helped carve her cheekbones. Even though the girl was sleeping, Siwon couldn’t help but find her beautiful. He felt his heart skip a beat and his breath hitched. Finally he stood up and walked towards Tiffany, he kneeled down next to the desk she was sitting at and looked up at her face, that was when he noticed that she was sleeping.


Siwon sighed and patted Tiffany’s shoulder lightly. “Yah,”


Tiffany’s arm, which she was leaning her head on, gave in as she slowly awoke and her forehead collided with Siwon’s forehead.


“Ow!” She whined.


“Argh!” Siwon groaned.


Tiffany opened her eyes, which widened in shock when she saw Siwon’s face so close to hers. “Ah! You!” She yelled just as she lost balance and fell off her char and on Siwon.


“Ugh!” Siwon groaned and palmed the back of his head.


“Ow!” Tiffany whined. She was about to lift herself up when she felt her hands palm something warm and firm. It was Siwon’s chest. Once she realized that, she also realized how close her face was to Siwon’s at that moment. Tiffany felt her eyes widen as she looked into Siwon’s equally round eyes.


“Y-yah! ert!” Tiffany yelled as she jumped off Siwon and backed away.


“Me?! You’re the one who jumped on me!” Siwon defended as he too got up. “You’re the ert here!”


“Me?!” Tiffany squealed. “How dare you!”


“Since you obviously jumped on me, I’m guessing you must really want me then.” Siwon said and a smirk grew on his face as he finished his sentence.


Tiffany flinched and her jaw dropped. “WHAT?! You must be really out of your mind!” She stated and crossed her arms.


“Well, you’re not denying it.” Siwon said and stepped closer to Tiffany.


Tiffany felt flustered as her jaw dropped. Why wasn’t she denying it?


Siwon raised an eyebrow as he noticed Tiffany blushing. “Ah! So you do want me?” He chuckled teasingly.


“YAH! No, I do-” Tiffany was about to slap Siwon with all her power, but the latter was too swift and caught her arm. “Let me go!” Tiffany whined. She tried hard to pry off Siwon’s hand from her arm while trying to yank herself out of the other’s hold.


“Tiffany,” Siwon said loudly, which made Tiffany stop squirming, but she kept glaring at him. “I like you.”


Tiffany’s expression softened and her eyes widened. “What?” She breathed.


“I said; I like you.” Siwon said as he stepped closer to Tiffany, still keeping eye contact and holding her hand.


Tiffany did not know how to respond and stared at Siwon with her lips slightly parted. She felt herself come back to reality when Siwon gave her hand a soft squeeze. She blinked and removed her hand from Siwon’s grip.


“Stephanie,” Siwon started and reached back for Tiffany’s hand.


“No, leave me alone!” Tiffany yanked her hand away and ran out of the room.


Siwon sighed as he brushed a hand through his hair. “I messed up.” He muttered through gritted teeth.


“I hate him! I hate him! I hate him!” Tiffany repeatedly told herself has she ran down the hallway.