Chapter 2

Do you like me? Check yes or no.

Chapter 2: part 2/3 YoonHae

 

 

Ever since the incident where Yoona had managed to kick a soccer ball too high and it hit her own face, she had avoided going to the soccer field during practice. Instead she would go there after school hours when nobody was there, and practice by herself, despite the fact that she didn’t know the rules properly. She had found herself a soccer ball in her garage and she would practice with it.

 

Yoona was practicing her kicking after school hours and didn’t notice anyone watching her.

 

“Ugh!” She groaned as she kicked the ball straight in the air again. “Why can’t you just go straight?!” She hissed as she jogged over to where the ball landed and picked it up. Just as Yoona turned around she found a person standing right behind her. She screamed and fell backwards.

 

The person in front of her laughed loudly and grinned at her. “You don’t only at kicking, you seem to be a klutz too.” He chuckled.

 

Yoona narrowed her eyes to see who it was. She gasped when she recognized the boy. “You!” She spat.

 

“Donghae Lee at your service.” The boy smirked and offered Yoona his hand. Yoona glared at Donghae before getting up by herself. With her nose in the air she started stomping off.

 

“Yah!” Donghae chuckled and grabbed her arm. “Where are you going?”

 

Yoona tried to yank her arm away from Donghae, but failed. “Let me go!” She said through gritted teeth as she struggled.

 

“Why? Don’t you wanna get better at playing soccer?” Donghae asked and smirked when Yoona stopped struggling. 

 

Yoona turned around and looked at him with a raised eyebrow. “How do you know?”

 

Donghae shrugged. “Well, it’s either that or you’re trying to get that ball to hit your face again.” He said with the same smirk on his face. Yoona creased her eyebrows.

 

“Alright, never mind.” Donghae said and chuckled. “But, do you wanna get better?”

 

Yoona looked away from Donghae and shrugged. “I... I guess.” She mumbled.

 

Donghae laughed. “Aigoo! When you’re shy you look way cuter!” He said and earned another glare from Yoona, which made him laugh more.

 

Yoona took a chance and yanked her arm away from Donghae’s grip. “So are you going to teach me or no?” She asked and held the soccer ball with both her hands.

 

“Who said that I’m gonna teach you?” Donghae asked and smirked.

 

Yoona raised her eyebrows. “Huh? Wasn’t that what you were suggesting?” 

 

Donghae shrugged. “Probably, but you’ve got to ask nicely.” He said and smirked.

 

Yoona frowned and thought about it before she sighed in defeat. “Okay... Will you teach me?” 

 

“What’s the magic word~?” Donghae sang and smirked.

 

Yoona considered smacking Donghae and walking away, but instead, she took a deep breath. “Please?” She said and fluttered her puppy eyes.

 

“Alright!” Donghae chirped. “Let’s begin.”

 

Yoona felt a smile form on her lips as she and Donghae moved into the middle of the soccer field.

 

“Put the ball down.” Donghae commanded. Yoona nodded and did as told.

 

“The first thing I think we should do, is practice on your kicking. If we don’t, I am afraid you’ll seriously hurt yourself.” Donghae said and placed his hands on his hips while wearing a serious expression. Yoona nodded and bit her lower lip.

 

“Okay, watch me carefully.” Donghae said as he kicked the ball softly. “Do you see the way I positioned my foot?”

 

Yoona nodded as she watched intently. 

 

“Good. Now you try. Do exactly what I did, but don’t kick the ball to hard.” Donghae said.

 

Yoona stood herself in front of the ball and took a deep breath. “Alright, here we go.” She whispered to herself. With her tongue sticking out of , she kicked the ball the way Donghae had shown her, and the ball moved a few inches.

Donghae was standing by Yoona’s side, holding his laughter while staring at Yoona.

 

“KYAAAAAAAAAAA!!” Yoona suddenly screamed and jumped on Donghae. Donghae was shocked and stumbled a little, but managed to keep his balance and hold on to Yoona, who was embracing him with both her hands and legs.

 

“Omo! Omo! Omo! Did you see that?!” She exclaimed.

 

“Yes. I saw.” Donghae said flatly and frowned. He didn’t understand what was so great about what she did. She kicked the ball like 3 inches!, He thought. He had never seen this side of Yoona.

 

“If I keep learning from you, I’ll be the best female soccer player!” She chirped and snuggled her face closer to Donghae’s neck. “Thank you.” She muttered.

 

Donghae felt his cheeks get hot. What is this? Wh-what she doing? “Uh... you kicked the ball like 3 inches.” He muttered.

 

“It’s still something.” She muttered. “Soon, I’ll get better.” She added before letting herself off Donghae. Donghae felt awkward as the warmth of Yoona’s body disappeared.

 

Yoona stood herself right in front of Donghae and smiled at him.

 

Donghae crossed his arms while looking at her. “What?”

 

“Teach me more~!” Yoona chirped while fluttering her eyelashes.


“Um, okay...” Donghae muttered and rubbed the back of his neck. “You should keep working on your kicking. Why don’t we practice kicking higher?”

 

“Okay!” Yoona chirped and clapped her hands.

 

“Try to hit the same spot as me.” Donghae instructed before kicking the soccer ball towards one of the corners of the goal, and the ball landed inside the goal.

 

“Wow...” Yoona said out of pure awe as she watched.

 

Donghae noticed and smirked proudly. “Now get the ball and try.” 

 

Yoona gulped before jogging towards the goal. She picked the ball up and ran back to Donghae.

 

Donghae watched as she ran towards him and for a short moment he forgot why, and his fantasy took over. He imagined that Yoona was running towards him without the ball, and her goal was to run into his arms and hug him tightly. Unconsciously he spread his arms and closed his eyes.

 

As Yoona approached Donghae she noticed him spreading his arms as if awaiting a hug. She stopped in front of him and cocked her head to the side. “Um, Donghae?”

 

“Hm?” Donghae hummed with a smile on his lips.

 

“What are you doing?”

 

“Huh?!” Donghae blurted out and his eyes opened wide. “Uh- I...”Donghae trailed off as Yoona covered and giggled. His expression softened as he watched her. 

 

Yoona stopped giggling as she noticed Donghae staring at her and she immediately started blushing and looked away.

 

Donghae smirked and stepped closer to Yoona. He leaned closer to her ear before whispering, “You have such a cute laughter.” 

 

Yoona flinched and turned to look at Donghae with wide eyes. She regretted it almost immediately. Their faces were only inches apart and she could feel his hot breath on her face. She felt her face flush and her cheeks got hotter and hotter. Donghae smirked in amusement and leaned closer to Yoona’s face.

 

Yoona felt her body totally freeze and her heart was beating like crazy. She sighed in relief when Donghae didn’t kiss her, but she felt herself freeze again when she felt Donghae’s hot breath by her ear.

 

“You’re cute when you blush too, you know.” Donghae whispered and chuckled softly.

 

Yoona closed her eyes and bit her lower lip. She didn’t know why she just couldn’t just push him away or something so she could get away. It was as if she was in a trance. She was snapped out of her thoughts as she felt Donghae’s hands her slowly from her shoulders to her hands.

 

“Let’s continue our practice, shall we.” Donghae said and snatched the soccer ball from Yoona’s hands.

 

Yoona exhaled loudly as Donghae stepped away from her. How was she supposed to manage this?