Set You Free 22: Help

Lock and Key: TaeNy short stories

Help


 

 

Yoona hurriedly got out of her and Yuri’s room. Her face is still flushed and her heartbeat triple timed. She had her hand over her chest and the image of Yuri grinning impishly remained etched in her mind’s eye. Unconsciously she took out her phone from her pocket.

 

“Kwon… Yuri.” Yoona stared at a picture of Yuri and her sleeping habit. She secretly snapped a photo when Yuri was asleep. Yoona giggled remembering how cute Yuri was.

 

Yoona made her way towards her scheduled therapy session. However being new to the facility she quickly found herself lost. She had no idea which way to go.

 

 

Meanwhile…

 

Yuri got up from her bed, and prepared for her first therapy session. According to her itinerary she would be going to a group therapy session about battling depression and substance abuse. Yuri developed an acute drinking problem and depression; it’s something she got just a few weeks after learning of her disease.

 

Yuri freshened herself up and puts on a new pair of clothes, she wore a plain white shirt beneath a green hoody and a pair of black skinny jeans. She tied her hair in a ponytail and puts on a pair of Chuck Taylor’s. She looked at herself in the mirror and cheered herself up before leaving the room.

 

Since she’s been in the center for a few days now she’s become accustomed to the place just as she was making her way towards the staircase leading to the floor where the offices and clinics were located she spotted Yoona looking intently at the directory. Her bright doe eyes were fixed on the directory as her forefinger traced lines on the directory.

 

“A little lost? Need help?”

 

Yoona nearly jumped out of her skin when Yuri snuck up and surprised her. Yuri giggled but immediately stopped when Yoona was about to attack her with her eyes a bit in tears.

 

“H-hey I’m sorry if I scared you…” Yuri tried to back away.

 

“I aaahhh…”

 

“I-I ummm… I’m sorry. Come on can’t you take a joke?” Yuri tried to nervously apologize as Yoona rolled up her sleeves and was about to hit Yuri’s head.

 

*Pak~!* @_@

 

Yoona was quite pissed that she smacked Yuri in the head.

 

“Aw! Aw! Sorry, jiisshhh… I said I’m sorry.” Yuri rubbed the spot where Yoona had hit her.

 

Yoona was still pissed and began walking away; Yuri saw this and quickly walked beside Yoona. Yuri silently walked beside Yoona, while the latter slowly became agitated that Yuri’s walking beside her.

 

“Why are yo—” Yoona’s eyebrow twitched, she’s still pissed and clenched her hands into a fist. She was about to open when Yuri cut her off.

 

“So does that mean you already know where the therapy room is?” Yuri had that grin on her face, while Yoona looked quite dumbfounded for a moment.

 

Yoona blinked her eyes a couple of times and sighed. Yuri took it as a sign that Yoona had no idea where to go. She grabbed Yoona’s hand and led her to the therapy room, Yoona’s eyes widened due to Yuri’s sudden action not to mention that she blushed when she became aware that Yuri’s holding her hand.

 

“Wai-wait why do you know I’m looking for the therapy room?” Yoona managed to ask although she kept stummering. Yuri giggled again but proceeded to dragging Yoona along with her.

 

“I’m also new to this place and its policy here to pair us according to our health and schedule.” Yuri casually explained as they ran up the flight of stairs.

 

“Here we are room 305” Yuri lets go of Yoona’s hand and opened the door.

 

Yuri and Yoona peeked through the door and saw that a small group of 8 other patients had gathered around in a circle with the therapist Dr. Lee standing in the middle of the small circle.

 

“Ah, I see we have 2 new members in our little group, come girls introduce yourselves and welcome. I’m Dr. Simon Lee, your therapist.” Dr. Lee gestured both Yoona and Yuri to join them.

 

There were only two available seats, Yoona and Yuri had no choice but sit beside each other after politely greeting the other patients attending the therapy.

 

“Okay, since there are new members in our little group, let us introduce ourselves one by one to our new members before they introduce themselves, okay gang?” Dr. Lee addressed the group with a cheerful smile. The group quickly agreed with his suggestion.

 

“Okay, I’ll start and gang, feel free to volunteer okay? Siwon you’ll introduce yourself  and share why you’re here, after I’m done okay?” Dr. Lee suggested.

 

“Hey, I thought you said volunteer, how come you named me to introduce myself after you’re done?” Siwon complained as the other members snickered.

 

Yuri and Yoona somewhat felt comfortable. The group seems nice and Dr. Lee proved to be a very friendly and understanding therapist. The group continued laughing until Dr. Lee called everyone’s attention, since they were about to begin.

 

“Okay, again my name is Dr. Simon Lee, I’m 38 and I’m originally from London, hhmm… what else… my wife is Korean and we have two kids. I’ve been working here for 15 years now.” Dr. Lee sat down on his chair. Siwon immediately got up and began introducing himself.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Choi Siwon, 27, divorced and father of my one and only son, Kyungsan.” He became a bit upset after mentioning the name of his son. “I’m in here because I have a smoking and alcohol problem. After my wife left me and my son, I slowly slipped into depression and drinking. One day I was so drunk that I nearly hurt my son. Thank god my mom was there otherwise…” Yuri and Yoona looked at Siwon who was visibly in tears. “I knew I had to change I don’t want to become a person my son would come to hate.”

 

“Okay, thanks Siwon, next lets hear from… let me see… ah! Dara!” Dr. Lee called out the attention of a young girl who appears to be quite jumpy and nervous.

 

The girl stood up and started to speak.

 

“H-Hi… everyone… I-I’m Sandara Park… I-I’m 25 and I uhhmm… I-I’m a w-wedding planner… I’m a workaholic, I have an a-anxiety problem and I-I used to drink a lot of coffee…” She could barely stop herself from trembling; she abruptly sat down while clutching her chest and didn’t say anything for the rest of the session.

 

After Dara’s turn the rest of the group introduced themselves. Everyone was done introducing themselves and now it was time for Yoona and Yuri to introduce themselves.

 

“Hello everyone, I’m Im Yoona, I’m 23 and I’m a singer or used to be… I stopped singing after I collapsed on stage.” Yuri was surprised at what Yoona had just revealed but she became more shocked when she heard the rest of what Yoona had to say. “I found out I have a weak heart. I had a hard time accepting things; I was so upset that one day I overdosed on a bottle of sleeping pills.” Yoona paused and she smirked at herself thinking how pathetic she was. This reminded Yuri of how she felt. Somehow she understood what Yoona thinks of herself and her situation.

 

“I just wanted to sleep and never wake up again. I don’t want to endure a lot of pain knowing too well that I’ll die in the end.” Yuri and the rest of the group remained silent. Yoona closed her eyes and took a deep breath. “I woke up in the hospital days later; I was told that the doctors pumped out all the pills that I took just to save my life. Later I realized how much of an idiot I was. I gave up when I should have been fighting for myself and the ones I love.”

 

Yuri was still in shock, she couldn’t believe what she heard, and she couldn’t believe just how similar Yoona’s story was with hers. Yuri remained quiet and looked at Yoona after she sat down on her chair.

 

“Thanks for sharing Yoona, okay now it’s your turn Yuri.” Dr. Lee called Yuri and she reluctantly stood up after the small group welcomed her with applause.

 

“Hi… I’m Kwon Yuri, I’m 24 and I’m suffering from a rare kidney disease.” Yuri was already a bit teary eyed and her voice strained. She looked at Yoona who silently cheered her on.

 

“My doctor… he told me I had a year to live.” Yoona’s eyes widened in shock, she looked at Yuri and she could not believe that someone like Yuri is going through something so unsettling and difficult.

 

“I was so scared. I didn’t know what to do and I knew I still had options but what scared me was that even if I fought off this disease I still have to leave it to chance to see if my body could completely fight it off.” Yuri looked at the ceiling and closed her eyes.

 

“I didn’t see a point in trying to stay alive, I became an alcoholic and I thought of drinking myself to death. I was so scared that I saw no hope for me.” As Yuri closed her eyes, she tried to fight off her tears as they began to well up in her eyes.

 

“I was so scared… that I fell apart. I was so scared that I let go of things that were dear to me even the one person that I loved the most, Tiffany…” Yuri started to cry, “I’m so sorry Fany… I’m so scared… I’m so weak! I’m so sorry…” her knees trembled and got weaker, all the things that Yuri had kept bottled up flowed out of her. Yoona couldn’t take seeing Yuri crying so much. She went to Yuri’s side and comforted her; Dr. Lee also stood up and went to check on Yuri,

 

“I think that is enough for today Yuri. You should rest up.” Dr. Lee saw how stressed and worn out Yuri had appeared to be. He helped Yoona get Yuri to stand up and sit back down on her chair. “You should get some rest Yuri, we’ll see you again when you feel better okay?”

 

“Dr. Lee, can I take Yuri back to our room? As her partner, she’s my responsibility afterall.” Yoona said as she wrapped her arm around Yuri’s shoulder. Dr. Lee agreed and gave Yoona the rest of the day off as well. “Be sure to take care of her okay? I’ll see you girls tomorrow.”

 


 

 

“TaeTae…” Tiffany knocked on Taeyeon’s bedroom door. Her voice cracked and trembled. “TaeTae… open up please?”

 

Taeyeon placed her book down on the bedside table and wondered what was bothering Tiffany. She slowly got up from the bed and unlocked her door.

 

“What’s wrong Ppani yah?” Taeyeon asked as she opened the door. The first thing she sees is the scared and shivering redhead hugging her pillow. Taeyeon saw how Tiffany suddenly trembled when lightning suddenly struck followed by the roaring thunder.

 

“TaeTae!” Tiffany ran over to Taeyeon and hugged her tight. Taeyeon nearly lost her footing as Tiffany slammed her body against her small frame. “I’m so scared, Tae!”

 

Taeyeon remained frozen, she didn’t know what to do, her arms instinctively wrapped around Tiffany as the latter buried her face on the crook of Taeyeon’s neck. Taeyeon looked at Tiffany and saw how Tiffany had shut her eyes tightly.

 

A quick flash of light lit the window on Taeyeon’s room, followed by the crack of thunder. Tiffany cringed and hugged Taeyeon tighter and lightly sobbed.

 

“Fany, lets go to bed okay?” Taeyeon knew all too well why Tiffany came running and knocking on her door. She didn’t need to ask, when she saw the terrified look on Tiffany’s face she immediately knew what Tiffany needed.

 

Taeyeon carefully tucked Tiffany into bed before lying next to her. Taeyeon turns off the lamp on her bedside table then brought herself closer to Tiffany.

 

“Taeyeon ah thanks.” Tiffany pecked Taeyeon’s cheek before wrapping her arms around the latter. With her arms comfortably hugging Taeyeon’s petite frame, Tiffany slowly drifted off to sleep.

 

“Good night Ppani yah.” Taeyeon tucked Tiffany’s fringe behind her ear and laid a chaste kiss on her forehead. Taeyeon wrapped her arms around tiffany and rests her head on top of Tiffany’s.

 

 


 

 

Hello everyone I'm bringing you another update ^_^

 

Hope you like it! Enjoy!

 

-AnDroGeNie-