Set You Free 21: Those big doe eyes

Lock and Key: TaeNy short stories

Those big doe eyes


 

Yuri

 

I’m not exactly worried about staying at the treatment facility. Oppa told me that the treatment facility in Jinan isn’t as restrictive as most if not all hospitals. Other than following the scheduled sessions and treatments, I was told I could freely roam around the facility with my spare time.

 

The trip going to Jinan was awfully long; luckily traveling in an ambulance meant I could lie down on the stretcher. So yeah I basically slept through the entire trip, when I came to we were pulling up on the entrance of the treatment center.

 

 

“Yuri, take care of yourself okay?” Oppa said as he straightened my jacket, it’s a lot colder here in Jinan, it hasn’t started snowing yet but the air just seem to be as cold as winter.

 

“Nae oppa…” I waved goodbye one more time as he started walking towards the cab that was waiting for him. He opened the door of the cab and looked at me one more time before disappearing with the yellow taxi that took him out of the treatment center’s premises.

 


 

 

A few days have passed already since I first arrived at the treatment center; it’s not quite bad here and I certainly don’t feel like a patient here. I mean depending on your condition you could actually go about things at your own pace and without the nagging and hawk eyed supervision of a nurse or medical staff. I just have to stick to the rules and follow my daily regimen.

 

In the treatment center you’re supposed to be assigned a buddy, and you’re supposed to help each other and take care of one another. However I don’t have a buddy or should I say not anymore. Well… my roommate moved out on my second day here in the facility. I think her name was Sora. She was a fairly nice young lady but we barely talked. She was also preparing for a major surgery and after months of staying here she was already in good condition to undergo surgery.

 

Usually in the morning we have our morning exercises and calisthenics. Then some group activity and then our individual schedules would usually follow, today however I’m gonna be joining the stress management and substance abuse counseling for the very first time… well that’s much later after our morning exercise.

 

“That’s it raise your arms as high as you can!” The awfully enthusiastic physical therapist or physical trainer or Mr. tighty whity short shorts wearing guy with knee high socks commanded with a tinge of aegyo in his voice. Really he’s creeping me out!

 

“That’s excellent Mrs. Goo! Keep it up and shake those old bones~!” He went beside this frail old lady and encouraged her to follow along the exercise.

 

God! Seriously what’s with him? Is he high or something? This guy reminds me a lot of Kenneth from 30 Rock. He’s always smiling and it’s getting too creepy for comfort.

 

“Hey you~! New girl! Come on stop lazing around and work that !” I don’t exactly know his name and I don’t intend to but I’ll just call him Kenny for convenience sake. Anyway Kenny spotted me lazily following his so called patented exercise routine.

 

Wait did he just say ‘work that ?’

 

“Okay, okay! Gee… do you have to yell!” I muttered under my breath and I had that ‘annoyed as hell I want to bury you alive’ look on my face. I cast imaginary daggers at him with my eyes that narrowed and glared at him and grudgingly tried to follow along with his so called ‘workout routine’

 

“Hey… I know you think he’s annoying but don’t you think this is a bit fun?” I turned my head sideways to look at whoever said that.

 

When I looked at the person next to me, I was suddenly brought to a complete stand still. My hands were still raised in the air; I literally froze in place when I saw her beautiful face. Her big doe eyes had that sparkle in them and the way she giggles while wearing that toothy smile made me smile in return. Her hair neatly tucked in a ponytail and she was wearing a plain grey fitted shirt and a pair of white sweatpants and a pair of Nike cross training shoes.

 

“Hey are you okay?” She giggled when I just nodded my head as I held my pose up. My arms were dangling above my head while I was standing with one leg.

 

“This isn’t yoga so you better start following the workout.” She said with a chuckle before turning her attention back at the workout.

 

I felt my cheeks turning crimson, I realized the other people in the room were snickering and staring at me but the doe eyed girl beside me just chuckled and continued following Kenny's workout. I pretended to cough so that the others would stop staring at me; the uncalled attention they were giving me made me feel extra uncomfortable. I tried my best to follow the instructor but my eyes occasionally glanced at the doe eyed girl besides me. I continued secretly glancing at her until she caught me; she narrowed her eyes on me and smirked before chuckling her head off. I quickly turned away as I felt that my cheeks were painted red again.

 

 

After nearly two hours, the exercise left me quite exhausted and out of wind. I had a good two hours before my group therapy session starts, I decided to head to my room and lay down for awhile, as I unlocked the door and stepped inside the room; something caught my attention.

 

“Whose luggages are these? They weren’t here this morning, hmmm must be my new room mate’s.” Needless to say I was tired; I dismissed my thoughts and took a nap on my bed.

 


 

 

 

I must have been asleep for an hour or so when I stirred, I felt that someone else was in the room and for some reason that person has been giggling for a while now. I was lying on my side, comfortably curled into a fetal position with my left hand resting beneath my left cheek. I slowly opened my eyes but my vision is still a bit hazy, I closed my eyes again and rubbed them with my right hand before fluttering my eyes a few times. I could still hear this person giggling, and I was getting a bit ticked off or curious well may be a bit of both since this person didn’t stop giggling. I was still a bit sleepy and my head kept swaying side to side, but slowly I could see that someone’s sitting at the chair in front of the dresser which is right across my bed.

 

“Good morning sleepyhead!” This girl grinned; her back was facing me as she seems to be busy with something. I guess she was putting on make up or whatever. I couldn’t really see her face through the mirror.

 

I didn’t exactly feel like talking to a stranger not to mention I hate talking to a person while their back is turned against me. I narrowed my eyes at this girl; I tried my best to measure her up at least. She’s quite skinny from what I could tell, but not exactly ultra skinny as in starved super model skinny. Her skin’s so white and flawless and her lustrous wavy black hair seems to suit her as far as I could tell.

 

I continued studying her, I mean she’s going to be my room mate and my partner during my stay here at the facility, so might as well try and see if I would be able to get along with her right?

 

“Do you always sleep like that?” She asked with a curious and amused voice. She was looking at me through the mirror, immediately I stopped checking her out.

 

I didn’t quite get what she meant but then my eyes widened when I understood why asked that question. OMG! D-Did she just saw my sleeping habit? Omo!

 

“You looked so cute while you were sleeping that I couldn’t resist staring at you.” She was looking at me through the mirror, I saw her doe eyes and I swore they were familiar, but I can’t seem to remember. I feel that my face was slowly turning beet red and then I heard her chuckling once again as her bright doe eyes slowly smiled.

 

Suddenly she turned to face me, I was still blushing like a fool but the moment I laid my eyes on her beautiful face I couldn’t help but stare at her with my mouth hung open.

 

“Hi, I’m Im Yoona by the way.” She extended her hand; I slowly reached out for her hand dumbly if I might add. Slowly I recognized her, she was that beautiful doe eyed girl standing beside to me during the morning exercise.

 

She looked at me and had her version of the cutest pout I have ever seen. Omo!

 

She kept looking at me as I kept shaking her hand. I didn’t exactly respond to her not to mention introduce myself. I could see that she’s waiting for me to introduce myself.

 

“Oh! My bad…” I grinned impishly and showed her my eye smile. “I’m Kwon Yuri.”

 

 

 

“Hey am I too beautiful that you couldn’t keep your eyes off me?” She jokingly asked. Yoona must have noticed that I continued staring at her. It must have been uncomfortable for her but I can’t help stare at her.

 

“Yeah… You’re so beautiful I could look at your face all day.” I kept nodding my head before playfully answering her playful question. I didn’t exactly realize what I just said until her face turned pink.

 

“I-I ahh… U-uuhhmm… I-I gotta go now. M-my therapy session is about to start!” Yoona kept stuttering as she quickly got up from the chair and went out of the room with her cheeks visibly painted red.

 

Oh! Crap! Suddenly it dawned on me.

 

“Did I just flirt with my new room mate? Oh ! I just flirted with my new room mate! Idiot! Idiot!” I started hitting my head a couple of times before lying back down on the bed. Frustrated and embarrassed, way to go Yuri! You’re really an idiot! Aigoo!

 


 

Yep finally Yoona steps in kekeke. Yes YoonYul shippers our favorite deer is now in the story ^_^ Wohoo!

 

-AnDroGeNie-