Set You Free 6: Bleeding hearts in a silent room

Lock and Key: TaeNy short stories

Bleeding hearts in a silent room


 

 

Tiffany saw two people talking outside of Yuri’s private room, she had asked for directions from the nurse’s station and she was informed where Yuri’s room is. Tiffany had no doubt that it was Yuri’s doctor talking to a short girl with blonde hair and a kid like face. She could only guess that this girl is none other than Taeyeon the bartender who called her earlier.

 

“Thanks again Dr. Kang.” Taeyeon politely bowed and waved at the man in a white lab coat. Just then Taeyeon turned around and saw Tiffany close by.

 

“Tiffany-ssi?” Taeyeon asked reluctantly, ‘Thank god I didn’t mispronounce her name.’ She nervously thought.

 

Tiffany came closer and didn’t respond, she only showed a pained smile to Taeyeon who didn’t seem to mind.

 

“Yuri’s awake now, why don’t you get in now, I’m sure she’ll be glad to see you.” Taeyeon politely offered as she opened the door for Tiffany. The latter didn’t seem all too excited causing Taeyeon to look at her and wonder what’s wrong.

 

“Why don’t you go on ahead Taeyeon-ssi and please tell her that I’m here… I’ll just come in if she wants to see me…” Taeyeon scrunched her eyebrows after hearing what Tiffany said.

 

“Okay…” Taeyeon sighed as she got inside the room, leaving Tiffany outside with her head looking down on the floor.

 

Inside the room…

 

“Yuri-ah, Tiffany… she’s standing outside the room.” Yuri looked glumly at Taeyeon and heaved a sigh.

 

“Taengoo… ?” Yuri asked in a very pained and nervous tone.

 

“What is it Yuri-ah?” Taeyeon asked as she stepped closer to Yuri.

 

Yuri took a deep breath; she raised her head and looked at the ceiling. She took in another deep breath and closed her eyes. Taeyeon found it peculiar and came closer to Yuri; she sat down at the chair beside her bed.

 

“I’ve made up my mind Taengoo…”

 

“Really? About what?”

 

“I’ll fight to stay alive… but… I have to set Tiffany free…” Yuri bit her lower lip and bowed down. She cried silently.

 

“Why Yul? Don’t you love her?” Taeyeon asked as she moved her seat closer to Yuri, she held Yuri’s hands comforting her and hoping to understand what’s going through her mind.

 

“I do love her Taengoo, that’s why I have to set her free. I want her to have a real future, Taengoo… you know getting married… having kids… growing old together… I want her to have that…” Yuri showed a pained smile as tears fell down her cheeks she pictured out how nice it would have been to spend her life with Tiffany.

 

“I want her to be happy… I just don’t know if I’ll be able to give her that. I might live but for how long? I want to be fair to her Taengoo, I think it’s for the best that I set her free.” 

 

Taeyeon wanted to scold Yuri for thinking that way, but she also understood what she’s trying to say. Taeyeon got up and hugged Yuri from the side. Yuri continued crying as she held Taeyeon’s arms while leaning her head against Taeyeon’s chest.

 

“Sigh… I guess it’s for the best? Neh?” Taeyeon sighed, as Yuri simply nodded and continued crying.

 

After a while Yuri finally calmed down, she reclined back on her bed with red puffy and swollen eyes. Taeyeon got a glass of water and assisted Yuri as she took a couple of sips.

 

“Taengoo you can tell Tiffany to come in…” Yuri said as she tried to steady herself.

 

Without saying a word Taeyeon got up and opened the door, she stuck her head out and saw Tiffany leaning against the wall.

 

“Tiffany-ssi you can come in now.” Taeyeon opened the door wider for Tiffany.

 

“I’m sure you guys want to talk in private so I’ll be outside okay?” Taeyeon excused herself and closed the door behind her. She leaned against the door and lets out another sigh.

 

Tiffany lets herself in; she nervously scanned through the room and saw Yuri reclining on the bed with an overcast and gloomy face. Tiffany silently inched her way towards Yuri’s bedside. She sat down on the chair. For a few minutes they remained silent. Their bleeding hearts trapped in a silent room.

 


 

 

As promised anothe update. Bye for now and enjoy please please please drop by and leave some comments. ^_^ bye bye!