Key's Past

Our Happy Family

“Get in the house, now!” Jonghyun said in a voice that Changjo had never heard come from him before and quickly obeyed his order.

After Changjo went into the house Jonghyun went over to Key and wrapped his arms around him. “Are you ok Key?” He said lowly into his ear.

            “Yea…” He removed himself from Jonghyun’s embrace and shook his head. “Yea I’m fine. The words of a fourteen year old mean nothing to me.” Key said as he walked back into the house.

Changjo was nowhere in sight but he really didn’t want to see him right now. So Key just went straight into his bedroom to calm himself down and get his thoughts together. Jonghyun on the other hand was extremely pissed off by the way Changjo was acting. He couldn’t believe that he would say such words to Key and he wasn’t going to let him off. Jonghyun went straight towards Changjo’s room and walked in without even knocking.

            Changjo looked up at his appa walking into his room and he had a scared expression on his face. He didn’t know what to expect but he didn’t want to be hit again, even though in the back of his mind he knew he sort of deserved it.

            Jonghyun noticed that Changjo looked terrified by him and tried to calm his expression. Yes he was pissed off at Changjo but he shouldn’t scare the kid to death. Jonghyun sat down on Changjo’s bed next to him and Changjo curled his knees up into his chest in the sitting position. Before speaking, Jonghyun let out a sigh to try and calm himself some more, just so he wouldn’t lash out at Changjo.

            “Changjo…What you said to your Key appa was completely out of line.”

            “But…”

            “Don’t say anything and just listen.” Jonghyun said in a stern voice. “First you go and do things at a party on Friday night that you knew me and your Key appa disapproved of. Then after we ground you and take away your things, you take them back and leave the house. Only to hang out with some unknown boy and come back late at night. Plus you dared to talk to your Key appa in such a disrespectful way when he was simply worried about you. I don’t know what has gotten into you but you need to cut this behavior out and fast. You also need to apologize to your Key appa.” Jonghyun finished his mini speech keeping his voice serious throughout. Changjo understood that he was acting out of line but he also felt like his Key appa owed him an apology as well.  

            “I understand Jjong appa but I won’t apologize to Key appa until he apologizes to me first! He hit me and then embarrassed me in front of my boyfriend!”

            “You’re boyfriend? I hope you’re not talking about that kid on the bike.”

            “Yes, I am and his name is Yongguk.”

Jonghyun let out a soft sigh deciding that he will deal with that situation later. Right now he had to fix this one. “Listen, what you said to your Key appa is something that you shouldn’t have said. No matter what he did to you that was something that should never have come out of your mouth.”

           “Whatever. He knows I wasn’t serious anyway. I was just upset.” Changjo said trying to blow the subject off. Jonghyun saw this and decided that Changjo needed to know a little about Key’s past or he’ll continue to constantly act like this.

            “Changjo even if he knew you weren’t serious he probably still took it to heart because…” Jonghyun let out a heavy sigh. “Because he was abused by his mother as a child and he doesn’t want to become like her. The fact that you are basically calling him a child abuser makes him believe that he is turning into his mother and that’s the last thing he wants.”

Changjo stared at his Jjong appa shock in his eyes. He wasn’t expecting that to come out of his mouth and if what he was saying was true then Changjo had basically called his Key appa his mother.

            “So if you don’t do anything else can you at least apologize to him? No scratch that you will apologize to him.” Jonghyun corrected himself as he realized he was starting to ease up and turn back into the nice, playful appa that he had always been. Changjo didn’t object at all to what his Jjong appa just told him he had to do as he nodded his head. He felt lower than dirt right now because even though his Key appa pissed him off he should have never said what he said. He knew that after he said it but even more so after Jonghyun had told him about Key’s past.

            After Jonghyun had finished what he was saying and saw that he had sort of gotten through to Changjo he stood up from the bed to leave. Right as he was about to walk out of the door Changjo spoke up however.

            “Do…Do you want me to apologize now?” He asked nervously. Slightly frightened that Jonghyun would snap at him again.

            “No. Just go to bed and in the morning you’ll just have to make sure that’s the first thing you do.” Jonghyun said as he left the room and headed for his and Key’s shared bedroom. When he entered he saw that Key wasn’t there. He quickly went over to the bathroom to see if he was in there but still no sign of him. Jonghyun was starting to get nervous as he went to his bedroom closet and saw that what he feared had become a reality. Key was gone. 


Short chapter but I just had to end it here. If I don't want you guys to suffer I might put up the next part of the chapter later but we'll see.

~Lolo