Your Smile

To You, Lee Byunghyun

Hear this for the whole story (:  :http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=blrsHR1WGc4

 

I was a childish kid then, yet you were pretty mature for your age. It made me wonder at times, how did we click?

Just when did you start to say ‘hi’ when we bump into each other in the hallway? Just when did you start to laugh and smile with me? Just when, did we become friends?

You weren’t very tall. You had shining eyes, light blonde hair and a beautiful smile. In class, I was sitting at the first row, right corner. You were seated at the last row, left corner. That was the furthest distance in the class, yet I felt as if I could hear the soothing rhythm of your heartbeat.

I was just an average student. You were a genius. Every time, I would come running to you, clutching my failed test in my hands.

“~~~~~,” You would tease. “Your hundredth time failing huh.”

I would turn a deep tomato red. Then you explained every single detail to me, and if I did not get it, you wouldn’t hesitate to repeat. When I finally understood, you would gently pat my head and smile. Your smile, made me smile too.

When I fall, I get hurt. You would pat my back and tell me, “Get up,” and nothing else. Your tone was hard and dry. But I would still listen to you. Your dazzling smile would form on your lips once again. And once again, my heart would begin to flutter.

You became my pillar of strength and support; my guardian angel.
 

-------------------------------

 

Every recess, I would plug in my ear phones and head down to the basketball court. If you were there, I’d stay. I would grab a bun or two, settle on the steps, and fix my eyes on you.

You weren’t handsome, but you were the only one I see. Watching your soaring figure, watching you take giant leaps into the sky, a smile unknowingly danced on my lips.

Occasionally, you would see me and flash a smile across. I would give a little wave, and an encouraging smile.

Just when, did I begin to fall in love with your smile?