¤ THREE ¤

Ways Into Love

¤ Jung Jinyoung ¤

 

Daeri grins slowly fade away when I told her that we won't meet anymore, but then the smile is appear again on her face.
 
Why is she still grinning? Why is she still smilling? Is that words doesn't mean anything for her? 
 
"Why? Because you're going to the moon for 49 days and you can't-"
 
"No! It's not like that." Looked like Daeri didn't get my point here. She think I wasn't serious? Even if I'm not serious, I won't tell her that words. I want to meet her, I still want to meet her everyday. 
 
Daeri puts her chin on both of her palms and tilts her head, "Then like what?"
 
 I open my mouth then closed it again. I don't know what to say. 
 
Slowly, she pulls back her hand rest her back on the chair. I could see she did something, but I don't have any interested to ask. 
 
I closes my eyes for 3 seconds to calm myself before I speak up. "Daeri, I mean it. We can't meet anymore. "
 
Daeri crosses her arms and tilts her head, "Why you always said "We can't meet anymore. We ca't meet anymore" Can't you please tell me wh-"
 
"Siblings." I quickly cut. Daeri shut and looked at me with puzzle look. I know she is waiting for my explanation.
 
Jung Jinyoung. You have did this far, there's no way back. 
 
Speak now or leave.
 
Speak now or-
 
"We're siblings." I blurt out the truth. The truth that keep haunting me everynight. The truth that keep writhes in my chest, make me heart to breath evertime I think about it. 
 
"Siblings?" Daeri questioned.
 
I know she won't believe it. At first I didn't want to believe it, but after did the DNA test.
 
One thing I know for sure, we shared the same mother.
 
"You're kidding, right? It's all jokes, right? Because it's my b-"
 
"It's the truth, Daeri. You and I have the same mother, Kwon Yuri. I already did the DNA test for us, and it's.." I couldn't continue it. I know Daeri is smart enough to know what I mean.
 
Daeri stands up and look at me for a moment before she did raises her hand. I know she is about to slaps me, I dare myself to look at her, I will accept everything what she did to me if it can make her 
 
feel better. Anything hurt me outside, can't be compare what I feel inside. It was crushed, it was damaged inside here.
 
But she stops her hand when it almost reached my cheek. She fold her hand slowly and pull it back. Her eyes start filled up with water, she is holding her tears now. 
 
"No, Daeri, no. Don't cry. Don't cry." I want to say it but my throat suddenly feel so dry. Even my lips stick like glued. 
 
I don't know where the strength come from, my hands want to touch her cheeck and erase her tears. 
 
Please, let me forget that she is my sister for a moment. Just for a moment, until I erase her tears.
 
However, what I got is a rejection. Daeri tossed my hand away before it could touch her. 
 
"It's lies, right? All you said just now is lies, right?" Daeri started to raises her voice even it's hoarse because she is crying. Lies? I also want to tell her that it's all just a lie. It's just a joke. 
 
I can't answer her. I don't have the answer that she want to heard.
 
Suddenly, she grabs her bag and about to leave but I grab her arm when she was by my side, making her stops. "Daeri.." I whishper her name.
 
"I ask you once again. IT.ALL.LIES.RIGHT?" She press every last words of the question.
 
Why she has to be like this? Why she keep asking me?  Instead I answer her question,I pull back my hand.
 
"I take it as no." She chukles bitterly. With that, she leaves the cafe, living me alone with thoughts in my head. 
 
Out of nowhere, a voice intrupt me. "Excuse me, Sir. Where's the girl go?" 
 
I looked up and see the waitress is holding... cake?
 
"Happy Birthday, Yoon Daeri."
 
... Birthday? 
 
Today is her birthday? How could I- Great, Jung Jinyoung. You give her the best present ever.
 
I was about to stand up and leave the cafe to find her, but I sits on my seat back.
 
If I chasing her now, all I did will be useless. Maybe I just need to stay here. Maybe this is the best for both of us.
 
 
¤ Yoon Daeri ¤
 
 
I quickly leave the cafe and hand in the direction to my feet. I really don't know where supposed I going to now. Everytime I have a problem, have a trobule, Jinyoung is only thing that flash in my mind.
 
I want to go back to the cafe and ask him thousands time. But am I ready to accept the fact? Am I ready to accept whatever the answer is?
 
No.
 
I'm not ready yet. ... Or I won't ever ready to.
 
There's must be a mistake. There must be an error or something. I have to get the answer from Jinyoung himself. 
 
I know my body is shaking really hard when I hardly search my phone in my bag. I decided to make a call.
 
My body shiver even more and cry out of my control.  My whole body aches, and the most terrible is my chest. I keep punch my chest, thinking it will be better, it will cover all the pain.
 
Where am I now? Where my feet lead me? Why it feel so cool suddenly?
 
I looked down and see my own reflection. Now I know where I am. 
 
Hangkang Bridge.
 
It almost winter season, the water must be cold, right? I just need to fall myself into it and everything will be done. My body will frozen, and this pain too. So, I won't feel any of it, I don't have to endure this pain.
 
Just one jump. 
 
Should I?
 
.. Should I?
 
But this pain is just getting worse, and started to ruin my brain control. My feet move forward without my command. Without I realize, I'm now standing in the edge of it.
 
I close my eyes and take a very very long-deep breath. The last words from Jinyoung keep repeating in my head.
 
With a smile on my face, I let my feet to lead me to a new world.
 
Heaven.
 
 
¤ Lee Daeri & Jung Jinyoung ¤
 
 
"Jinyoung oppa.."
 
"Daeri! Where are you?!"
 
"Oppa, what you told me earlier. It's just a lie, right? It's just a joke for my birthday, right?"
 
"Daeri...."
 
"ANSWER ME!"
 
"...."
 
"What should I do now, oppa? What should I do?"
 
"Daeri, please calm yourself."
 
"Calm myself? HOW CAN I CALM MY SELF WHEN I KNOW SOMEONE I LOVE IS MY OWN BROTHER!!!"
 
"There's so many ways into love Daeri. We still can love each other-"
 
"As a sibling?"
 
"...."
 
"Oppa... I.. I love you."
 
"Daeri! Daeri! Where are you?"
 
"I love you, Jung Jinyoung."
 
"Daeri! Stop it! Where are you now! I know something is not just right here."
 
"You know what, even though we're sibling. I was never regret that we ever meet, really. I want to thank you-"
 
"Daeri-ah! Please, tell me!"
 
"Thank you for everything, Thank you for-"
 
"STOP IT! I TOLD YOU TO STOP IT!"
 
"For you always be there when I need you. For-"
 
"Yoon Daeri! STOP IT! DAMN! STOP!"
 
"For the cook that you made to me. For-"
 
"I LOVE YOU! YOON DAERI, I LOVE YOU! DO YOU HEARD ME?"
 
"I heard you, oppa."
 
"I love you, Daeri. So, please. Stop whatever you think about."
 
"Oppa..."
 
"Daeri!"
 
"Goodbye."