¤ ONE ¤

Ways Into Love

¤ Yoon Daeri ¤

 

I glance to my wrist watch. 19.15, so it has been two hours since the cafe open, and it has been two hours since I arrived at the cafe.

Jinyoung hasn't come yet. I can't blame him for coming late of course, because he already said he is really busy to practicing for his debut.
 
Actually today is my 19 birthday. I don't tell Jinyoung about this, instead, I just ask him to meet me at here tonight. 
 
I know, if I said today is my birthday, Jinyoung will buy something for me. And I don't want him to wasted his money for me. He is only a trainee and his hometown is far from Seoul. I know financial is not something that he good in.
 
I have bought my own birthday cake and left it to the waitress. I will give her a sign to brings it out.
 
I sigh and looked through the window. Many couples pass by with their arms linked each other. Of course they will adjacent each other, since it is winter. It's a perfect time for couples, right?
 
Jinyoung indeed acted a bit unusual this days, but perhaps it because he is just exhausted of practicing. At first, he even refuses when I ask jim to meet me tonight with the busy reason. But I told him, he doesn't have to rush, because I will be waiting for him. 
 
I put my chin on my palm and swept the cafe with my eyes. The cafe was almost full by the customers, especially couples. This cafe indeed famous among couples; the soft cream wallpaper with many cute decorations; the dimmed light; the delicious food. You can even see ___ of Hankang River if you choose the right seat.
 
Suddenly, I just feel so lonely and small among the crowded . Everyone comes with their friends, families and couples. While, I just sitting and waiting here alone. "Jinyoung-ah, palli come." 
 
Time flies, peoples said. Two hours of waiting changed into 3 hours... 4 hours... 23.45 pm. 
 
The cafe is now empty, only leaving me alone. Waiting alone at the cafe corner.
 
I lift my body a bit to looked at the door. But still, there is no sign of Jinyoung. "Is he really won't come? Is he really that busy?" 
 
My eyes fall to my phone which is laying peacefully on the table. It doesn't make any sounds, doesn't vibrate. I blow up my breath and caress the Minnie Mouse __ with my index finger. "Should I called him?"  I questioned the phone.
 
But I quickly shook that thought. I had told him that I'll be waiting for him. If I made the call, it will means that I was give up. 
 
"No, he will come." I ensure herself, and quickly pulls my finger from my phone. "Yes, he will come. Jinyoung will come." 
 
As if God heard my prayer, suddenly the door opened. I lift up my upper body to see who is coming. A feel of relieved tugs my heart.  I almost want to cry that time because of that relieved feeling. I almost want to scream his name that time, but my throat seemed locked.
 
Jinyoung comes.
 
When he walks to my table, I still can't out of my relieved world. I put my eyes on Jinyoung who is walking as if I just saw an angel. But when he take a seat in front of mr, finally I get my mind back.
 
"Ya! Jung Jinyoung. Do you know how long I've waited for you?" I pretend to mad at him, which I know it's a poor act since he too knows me and I can't hide my happy expression.
 
Jinyoung gives me a slight smile. He looks so... tired? "I'm sorry." He apologized.
 
I put my chin on both of my palms. "But I'm happy that you come," I give him a wide grin and continue, "I know you'll come."
 
 
 
¤ Jung Jinyoung ¤
 
 
 
I have try to spin out of time as long as possible. I have stayed in the practice room for 4 hours, althought I didn't practice because the practice time is over earlier. I told the others that they can go home first, since I still want to stay here.
 
Actually all I do is just laying on the floor. I try to have a small nap so the times could passed. But it's useless. I can't even closed my eyes. I doesn't want to meet Daeri. 
 
... No, I just not ready no meet her yet.
 
When she asked me to meet her tonight, I quickly refuses and told her that I was really busy to do the practices. In the end, I can't win when she whines at me. 
 
I don't promise her that I will come, but I told her I will come when I finished my practice.
 
I pull out my phone and stares at it. 23.30. It has been 4 hours from the time Daeri told me to come. Is she still waiting for me? Is she really want to meet me? Is she.. Ah, I can't stay any longer. I have spin out the time for 4 hours. I thought that enough. I decided to check my curiosity.
 
On my way to our appointment place, I keep hoping and praying that Daeri won't at there when I arrived, Daeri will go home because tired of waiting.
 
But I know that won't happened when I arrived at the cafe and saw Daeri is still there. Alone.
 
A sudden guilty strikes my heart. How can I leave her waiting alone at night? 
 
With heavy legs, I entered the cafe.
 
"Ya! Jung Jinyoung. Do you know how long I've waited for you?" Daeri quickly blurt out when I take a seat in front of her. I looked at her in eyes.
 
Poor act. Even she is pretend that she is mad at me, but I could see lights on her eyes. And that even made my heart aches. *I know, Yoon Daeri. I know. I'm sorry...*
 
I try my best to make an up curve on my lips which appear at a slight smile, "I'm sorry."
 
"But I'm happy that you come." I see Daeri gives me a wide and cheerful grin which made my heart skips a beat when I saw it. I almost reach out my hand to pat her head, but I quickly pull it back. 
 
I can't do it anymore.
 
The grin that light up my mood before, now do the reverse. It makes my heart feels like stabbed my hundreds knifes. I only can see it but can't touch it.
 
Babo Daeri, Why don't you just mad at me because I have made you waited for so long? That will make me feel better.
 
"I know you would come!" Daeri added, still with her peculiar grin.
 
I quickly looked away. If only... If only I saw that grin for just one more second, I reach out my hand and bury her to my arm. 
 
Which I can't do it anymore.
 
This is so *toturing* She just in front of me now, but I feel she is far to reach.
 
I can't hold this any longer. I should tell her before everything get complicated, before i fall... 
 
No, actually I have fall to deep. But maybe if I told her now, everything will be alright. Everything will be rescued. Included our heart.
 
"Daeri..." I changes my gazes from the street to her eyes, I give her a tone that sign I'm in a serious conversation. "Let's not meet anymore."