014

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Slowly opening her eyes, Jessica blinked and rubbed her eyes. She looked around and can’t help the unfamiliarity with the room. She suddenly bolted up.

 

“Ohh… you scared me,” one exclaimed. She turned and curiously looked at him.

 

“Y-yoong?” she asked softly, remembering her conversation with him last night.

 

He smiled and nodded. “Hello noona. How’s your sleep? Any bad dream?” he asked as sat at the edge of the bed. After the latter shook her head, he placed his hand on her forehead.

 

“Slight fever,” he mumbled.

 

 

“I’m fine.”

 

 

He smirked at her. “Okay, no running away. Time for medicine.”

 

 

“I-“

 

 

“We’ll call your Seobang later and I’ll bring you home.”

 

 

“Really?” she exclaimed, eyes shining in excitement.

 

 

“Not until you take them,” presenting three pills to her.

 

 

“You’re treating me like a baby, Yoong. I’m a noona you say,” she sulked.

 

 

“If you keep rejecting, might as well call me Oppa from now on. You’re actually looking like a baby now, omo,” teased Yoong.

 

 

“I’m not a baby!!” she whined.  “You and Seobang enjoyed teasing me so much, don’t you?”

 

He chuckled and sat next to her. “You know, It’s funny seeing your priceless reactions. So… let’s take the medicines or no seobang?”

 

“You’re kidnapping me now?”

 

 

He roared in laughter. “As much as I want to keep you, your seobang will be very sad if this childish, whiny, cutesy wife of his remain missing. So what’s the decision, little baby?”

 

Baby… Yuri loves calling me baby too. She smiled.


“Oh, you’re becoming weirder, now smiling on her own.”

 

She glared at him, “Fine, I’ll take the medicine,” and began pouting.

 

 “Very good,” he grinned triumphantly. “I’ve already taken the liberty of cleaning your wound while you’re asleep, now can you stand on your own?”

 

Jessica curiously throws her feet to the side of the bed. She looked at her right foot, it is neatly wrapped in dressing. When she tried to stand up, a piercing pain mixed with dizziness shot right through her that made her fall on the bed instantly.

 

“I guess I’ll be bringing you to the kitchen then.” Before the latter could react, Yoong had already lifted her on his arms.

 

“Yoong, I-…” argued Jessica.

 

“No you can’t. Stop objecting.”

 

Blushing, Jessica remained stiff against Yoong’s arms, bringing her on his kitchen. Since Yoong’s apartment is small enough for one to two persons, aside from his room being separated, the rest are all merged in one room. His kitchen has the TV, radio and the laptop. He doesn’t even have a sofa just the dining table, no mantle, no decorations and the two plastic chairs. Its wallpaper is white too. Very plain.

 

As Yoong brought her down to sit on one of the plastic chairs, she looked and around and saw how clean it is. She didn’t say anything further about the trimness of the place. If it’s this clean, and organized then its good. She can also smell lemon on the air. She looked at the aircon and saw the air freshener.

 

Yoong then the TV for her, while he was setting up their breakfast.

 

Jessica turned towards it and saw a local news channel. But it was on mute. She reached for the remote and slowly increased the volume. The forecast warned every one of the upcoming rainy season and reminded everyone to bring their umbrellas with them most of the time and few other weather related news. Suddenly, there was some news about a certain couple, who was mobbed by both paparazzi and cameramen, as they walked out of from the airport’s arrival area.

 

Suddenly a number of black suited men quickly lined up, blocking the cameramen from making any contact from the walking couple. Another man suddenly went to the couple, and bowed before getting their luggage.

 

She frowned as she thought how the couple must be a very very important person. She was about to flip to another channel when a short haired blonde guy appeared on the screen. He was smiling, wearing tucks and a red ribbon diagonally hanging on his upper torso, his skin white as snow. Aside from Yuri, she can say that this man suits and looks neat in formal attire. He’s very handsome.

 

Yoong suddenly turned to her, wanting to check why the latter was too quiet. He saw her at daze on the TV, almost at awe at what she was watching. He followed her line of sight and can’t help but snort.

 

“Uh-oh, fan girl alert.”

 

Jessica turned to him, frowning.

 

“Wipe your drool noona.”

 

She seemed not to hear it because she just turned back to the TV and smiled. “W-what’s his name?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon. You sure you don’t know him? Everyone practically knows who he is.”

 

With her eyes glued on the TV, she shook her head.

 

“Stop fantasizing him he’s taken.”

 

She frowned. “That bad. To whom? He’s seemed too young to be married.”

 

He snorted, “Stephanie Hwang. And they’re not married yet, just engaged. Don’t you ‘he’s-too-young-to-be-married’ me. Who’s married at 26 here? He’s just 26 too.”

 

“I’m n-“

 

“You have your husband and yet you’re looking at other guys.” Yoong said, shaking his head.

 

She looked back at the TV and continued watching it even reading the credits written at the bottom of the table. “Ro-royal Highness?”

 

“He’s our prince.”

 

Jessica decided to listen to the news.

 

‘Royal Highness, Kim Taeyeon, our country’s crown prince together with his commoner fiancé named Stephanie Hwang had recently come back after almost a month of vacation in France. The two have their vacation after the crown prince was seen sad and down on one event before their departure. There were rumors that the two was about to be married earlier this year but was put off due to unknown reasons. The Prince Taeyeon and Stephanie Hwang have been dating for almost 5 years now. Their love story was kept private by the Royal Family but there are a lot of times that the two were seen on public areas, dating, gathering netizens’ attention and affection for the said couple. On a recent survey, the couple was listed as the most favorite love team of the year. We’re still looking forward for the Royal wedding of the couple together with their thousands of fans all around Korea and the world.’

 

“A prince? My cute and handsome prince. I like him.”

 

Few more pictures are shown at the TV. “Uh!!!” she suddenly exclaimed, pointing her finger on one of the pictures. “He seemed sad there. Do you know why?”

 

“No,” he answered and turned off the TV.

 

“Yah!!! MY prince! He’s still on TV!!!”

 

“Oh god!” he exclaimed, slapping his forehead.

 

“I want to see him,” she pouted.

 

 “You can see him when you go to the palace. And if you want to go there, ask your Seobang. For now, let’s eat. Food is ready.”

 

He arranged their food on the table before taking the seat next to the latter while Jessica sulked. “After this, you’ll take you meds then we’ll call Seobang. Deal?”

 

“Okay,” happily cheered by Jessica. “Thank you so much Yoongie. Can’t wait to see Seobang.”

 

 

‘Yoongie,’ he repeated but smiled anyway.

 

 

*****

 

 

 

 

KRINGG… KRINGG…

 

 

“Hello!”

 

 

“Good morning! Can I speak to Yuri?”

 

“Who’s this?”

 

“Im Yoong.”

 

“Sorry but Mr. Kwon is not home. What can I do for you?”

 

“Is your name Wheein?”

 

“How did you-“

 

“Wheein-ah!!!” said Jessica.

 

“Jessica unnie?”

 

“Omg Wheein-ah!!! I miss you. How are you?”

 

“We’re worrying where you are!! Are you okay? Something happened?” she asked.

 

Suddenly the phone is out of her hands and a frowning Yoong looked at her. ‘I’ll talk to her, okay?’

 

‘Yoooooong.’ Jessica whined.

 

‘I’LL TALK TO HER,’ insisted Yoong.

 

‘Hmmph.’

 

“Hello?”

 

A head shot up somewhere in the living room. Wheein noticed it and hid herself a bit

 

“It’s Yoong again. I’m sorry for that. Well ‘your’ Mrs. Kwon had been sick since I found her and was unconscious other night. She’s fine now except for some injury that hinders her to walk properly. Would you like to fetch her today or if you want I can drive her home?”

 

“OMG! OMG!” excitedly said Wheein. “I-I’ll call Oppa for now then as soon as possible I’ll call you back, is that okay with you Yoong-sshi?”

 

 

“Sure, its okay.”

 

Upon ending the call, Wheein dialed Yuri’s number but it was busy. She want

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter