013

The Visitor
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“I’m home,” he lifelessly announced for the second time today. Hearing few voices from one of the rooms excite him that instant. “Sicababy!!! You’re….”

 

He looked around; the brown haired girl he had been yearning for all day wasn’t present on the room. Instead it’s someone else.

 

“Yul,” she smiled. It’s Hyuna. Right. Myungsoo is busy looking for Jessica, too.

 

“Appa,” called Seohyun, frowning.

 

Yuri turned to her and lifted her in his arms. “Hello Seohyun-ah,” he greeted. “What’s with the frowning face? Uh?”

 

Seohyun pointed her finger at Hyuna. “That ahjumma wants to stay here. But I don’t want to. She hurt Umma.”

 

Yuri smiled at her and ruffled her hair, and went next to Wheein who was cooking their dinner. The latter apologetically looked at him. “Oppa, sorry I couldn’t stop her from coming in. I told her I knew karate if she come in, bu-“

 

“It’s okay Wheein-ah. Its Myungsoo’s job. But since he’s not here, I kind of expected this might happen.”

 

“Appa, have you seen Umma?”

 

Yuri sighed heavily before answering a “No,” to her. “But don’t you worry; Appa will find her sooner or later. Okay?”

 

“Woah… so your wife is missing?” asked a very shocked Hyuna. “She must have run with another man.” The latter chuckled and it didn’t miss to make Yuri more annoyed than he really was. He glared at her.

 

“What are you doing here? As far as I know this is my house. Yours is way far from here.”

 

“My mother happened to know about what happened to me last night and she wanted me to go back with them as soon as possible but I told her that I’ll be living with you, Yuri. And she agreed. We can be toge-“

 

“What are you talking about?” interrupted Yuri, gritting his teeth in agitation. “What makes you think you’re welcome here?”

 

“No use. My things are already on your room now.”

 

Yuri turned to Wheein. The small girl apologetically nodded. He hissed. “What do you really want from me, huh?”

 

“I just to be with you again.”

 

“Why are you so sure that I’ll go back with you?” he hissed. Hyuna is certainly annoying to the bones. How come he fell in love with someone like her? He doesn’t even know. Love is blind, as they always say. Heol.

 

“Well, its not in my plan to use this but I know something about Seohyun not being –“

 

“STOP!!!” angrily shouted by Yuri.

 

“Appa,” softly said Seohyun, scared at the sudden outburst of her father.

 

“Wheein, can bring Seohyun to her room,” he said to young girl then turn to Seohyun. “I’ll be with you after few moments, okay baby?”

 

They both nodded at him and complied leaving them alone.

 

“It must be true. Omo. So what’s next? That Jessica is not your real wife?”

 

“Stay all you want. But that doesn’t mean I’m taking you back. I’m in love with Jessica. Very much in love,” he said, standing up, walking away.

 

“Where are you going?” asked Hyuna.

 

“Not your business. You know what? I have a realization today.”

 

“About what?” smiled the latter.

 

“That I’m lucky you left me. You’re so mean, I don’t even know what I loved about you. Now, go to sleep now.”

 

“You’ll be mine again, Kwon Yuri. Just you wait,” mumbled Hyuna as the tanned guy disappeared on her sight.

 

 

*****

 

 

Yoong woke up when he felt someone pulling and tugging his arms. He sat up and realized he just dozed off from his seat. He looked around. It’s already dark in his room. He yawned and someone tugged on his arms again. He turned to her. His patient is finally awake. She was sitting and hugging her chest, balled on the end of the bed.

 

“Seobang,” she sniffed. She must have been crying on her sleep again. She tugged on his arm again. “Can you hug me to sleep?”

 

Yoong didn’t answer. He frowned, finding the request too weird.

 

“Please. I’m scared, seobang.” She sobbed. Oh, no crying please. He thought. He hates girls crying. He sighed and stood up.

 

“Move a little bit,” he said.

 

He saw her move a little bit, not before letting out a silent wince, as he joined her on his bed. The latter quickly hugged him tightly as the two of them lay down.

 

“Seobang, why are you slimmer?” she mumbled. She was suddenly sniffing him too, “You have different smell too? You smell nice”

 

“Is your seobang fat and has a body odor?” asked Yoong.

 

He felt her loosen the hug on him together with her shocked gaze.

 

“You’re not-“

 

“Yep. I’m not seobang,” he mumbled. “But let’s go to sleep, uhm?” he grabbed her hand for her to hug him again. “You told me to hug you, now let’s go to sleep,” he said when he felt that she was still in daze of the sudden realization.

 

He softly sighed when she hugged him again, though not as tight as the hug earlier, the ‘hug for seobang’, somehow he felt disappointed.

 

“I’m sorry,” he heard her say.

 

Yoong closed his eyes before saying a soft, ‘It’s okay,’ to her hoping to get back to his sleep. He had been aching to touch his bed whole day. He yawned and relaxed.

 

“What’s your name?” she asked, pulling him out of his sleepiness.

 

He grunted before moving closer to her. “Im Yoong, you?”. The bed was too small for them to fit in.

 

“T-they-,” she let out a soft noise of hesitation. “I’m Jessica. C-can I ask where I am?”

 

“At my house,” he answered yawning. He leaned away a bit, “Don’t you remember me?” maybe she can recognize him out of the little light coming from the moon passing through his window panes.

 

She shook her head.

 

“I’m from the hospital. You cried to me for help.”

 

She gasped. “You? I thought…”

 

“Thought what?”

 

“Thought it was a dream,” she trailed off. “Thank you for helping me though.”

 

“You’re welcome.”

 

 

He can’t help but smile a little when he felt that her tight hug is back. It felt weird that they hugged each other before they could even exchange names. As she scooted to him, her skin touching his, he can’t help but flinched inside. It’s strange for them to share the same bed in a very close m

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter