Mysteries

Remember Me?

 

 The next following week, I asked for Byunghee's permission to go back to work at the flower shop. He said I could go in one condition; Since he can't let me go home by myself like I used to before the accident, and he can't pick me up after work, he told me to go wait for Seungho to pick me up. I agreed. After breakfast, Byunghee left for work and he usually comes back at 8.30pm. He said Seungho is going to pick me up and drive me to the flower shop at 9, so I waited for him. When he finally came he took me into his car and drove us to the shop. It wasn't far. Only 20 minutes away from Byunghee's house.

“we're here.” He said. I looked around. I thought it would be crowded but it wasn't. It was actually really empty.

“It's not usually this empty. It's still early in the morning, it'll get crowded in the afternoon 2-3 hours before closing time.” Seungho explained, he seemed to know a lot.

“Do you want to go in there? I believe someone is waiting for you.” He said.

“Waiting for me? Who?” I asked.

“You'll see.” He winked at me. I blushed. He got off of the car first and then he opened the car's door for me. He did the same thing before we enter the shop, he opened the door and let me go in first. Like a real gentleman.

“Wow! This is prettier that I imagined it would be!” I said as I look around the shop. The shop was so big to be a flower shop! It has all kinds of plants. I thought it would be a small shop, I was wrong.

“You decorate this shop yourself. Well, of course with a little help..” Seungho said.

“Oh! Hyung! Noona!” A voice came out of nowhere. Then a guy with a light brown hair and bright childish-like smile appeared between the shelves. He's about Seungho's height, a bit taller than Seungho actually, but since he called me 'Noona', he must be younger than me.

“Ah! You're here! Byunghee hyung told me that you'd come! Ah, it's so good to see you again Hyun Noona.” That guy said so cheerfully, it's like he couldn't stop smiling. I smiled back, it seems like we're close, but it makes me sad that I can't remember a thing about him. A second later a thin tall person with the same uniform as the cheerful guy came into the store.

“Cheolyong-ah, I can hear your annoying voice from outside the store. Could you keep your voice down? You'll annoy—“ He stopped his sentence as soon as he saw me. He has the same expression as Seungho when he first saw me.

“Oh, Noona! You're back!” He said and then smiled. He was so pretty that I would have mistaken him for a girl if he didn't have a short hair.

“Hello there.” I greeted politely.

“Oh! I forgot!” The cheerful guy slapped his own forehead.

“We should introduce ourselves to refresh your memories, you must be quite confused right now.” He continued. He pulled the tall guy to stand next to him.

“My name is Bang Cheol Yong, you can call me whatever you want! You usually call me Yongie though, but it's all up to you. I'm your assistant, so if you need help with anything, just call me!” He said, his smile never fades away from his face.

“I'm Park Sang Hyun. You can call me Cheondung. I'm actually new here, I work at the cashier.” The tall guy said.

“Well, I guess I don't have to introduce myself since you already know who I am, hm? I feel so bad that I can't recognize you.” I said.

“It's alright Noona!” Cheolyong and Cheondung said. I smiled. It's really nice being around them. Cheondung is so sweet and Cheolyong's smile somehow lightened up everything. I'm so grateful that I'm working with them.

“Alright then, I should go now.” Seungho said as he looked at his watch.

“Cheolyong-ah, Cheondung-ah, Take care of her for me, okay? If anything happens, just give me a call.” Seungho said. The two nod

“Seungho-ssi. Thank you so much.” I said and bowed to him,

“Closing time is at 5pm, I might run a little late so just wait for me and don't go running of by yourself, understand?” He told me. I nod. Cheolyong and Cheondung was looking at us in weird way. But I ignored that.

 

Time flew by and Seungho was right! The store did get crowded a few hours before closing time. The light blue sky became orange and purple-ish color. It's going to be dark soon. Cheondung already went home right after we flipped the 'open' sign into 'closed'. It was only me and Cheolyong left.

“Noona..” He called, he didn't sound as cheerful as this morning.

“Yes? Is something wrong?” I asked. He shook his head.

“Tell me something. Did you really forget everything?” He asked. I looked away

“I'm afraid so. I can only remember what I like, what I dislike, and the lessons that I've learned throughout the school days.” I answered,

“That explains.” He said and smiled bitterly,

“Explains what?” I asked,

“Nothing....” He said and forced a sweet smile. I knew because it was different from this morning. It was silent before Seungho came in to pick me up. You can literally hear the wind blowing. I was still curious about what Cheolyong meant. Losing my memories...... I must have forgotten something or someone really really important in my life, but who?

Cheolyong looked at Seungho for a minute and tapped his shoulder, He whispered something to him but I don't know what it is. But after hearing what Cheolyong whispered to him, he just smiled. A bitter smile. He tapped Seungho's Seungho's shoulder one more time and he turned to me and smiled;

“See you tomorrow, Noona!” He said and left me alone with Seungho. I watched Cheolyong walked away from us until I can no longer see him. He's hiding something from me. Something important, Something that I should know and I'm determent to find out!

“Shall we?” Said Seungho after Cheolyong was so longer at our sights, I nod. He opened the door for me just like this morning.

“Did you have fun today?” Seungho asked as he put on his safety-belt.

“Yes! Everyone was really nice.” I said with a smile on my face.

“But something weird happened just as before you came.” I said seriously.

“What kind of weird thing?” He turned to face me.

“Cheolyong was acting weird. He said somethings... and he was acting so mysterious!” I said.

“That kid... He likes to say such nonsense. Just ignore what he said to you today, okay?” He said. I wasn't sure but I just nod. Seungho took a quick look at me and then the engine with a smile on his face. He started driving carefully.

“That necklace you're wearing... it's pretty. Where did you get it?” He asked.

“This? Uhmm, I'm not sure. But I feel like it's so important to me and I thought maybe if I wear it, something will comeback to me slowly.” I answered

“Don't worry. It will. Slowly.” He said and smiled without looking at me.

 

All the way home, I couldn't take my eyes off of Seungho it's as if there's something about him. It's right there but I just can't put my finger on it. I think he felt uncomfortable because I was staring at his face all the time, so I threw my focus on his hands. His fingers were so slender to be a guy's finger. I wonder if he plays the piano. But then my eyes were caught on the silver ring that he's wearing.

“Oh! Seungho-ssi!” I called out loud,

“Yeah?” He responded,

“By any chance do you have a girlfriend?” I asked. He was shocked by the question. It was stupid of me to ask. I feel like such a fool.

“Sorry, I shouldn't have asked..” I scratched my head,

“Nah, it's alright. You're right though. I do have a girlfriend. Actually, I'm engaged.” He said with a smile on his face. I only smiled back. She must be nice. That girl who's engaged with such a gentleman like Seungho. Seungho seems so happy when he talked about it. But somehow, I feel a bit.... jealous? Why am I jealous? I don't even know him! He's only my brother's friend, we've only met for like.... weeks? I can't be close to him in the past since my brother said that him and I weren't even close to each other.

“Thanks for all your help today, Seungho-ssi.” I said, Seungho nod.

“Can I ask for something from you?” He asked,

“After all your help until this day? Anything!” I said.

“Can you stop being so formal to me? I am your brother's best friend and co-worker after all.” He said.

“Instead of calling me 'Seungho-ssi', just call me 'oppa'. Can you do that for me?” He asked.

“Uhmm.. okay.... Seungho...oppa...” I said shyly, he smiled in satisfaction. And then I got off of his car. I waved goodbye and watched his car drove away.