4

We Meet Again

The next morning I woke up to the smell of  pancakes, eggs and bacon. It smelled so very good. Then I remembered that Donghae was here. *damn, it wasn't a dream* I thought.  I hopped out of bed,  put on some shorts and a loose fitted short sleeve  since it looked like a beautiful day. Did all my business like, putting on light make-up, brushing my hair and teeth, and other girly stuff.

 

I bounced down the steps and was about to walk out the front door when -- "good morning Sarah! I made breakfast...where are you going?" Donghae asked. "I'm going out" I spoke without looking at him. "oh...alright I guess...but please come home for dinner i- slam!- I didn't even bother to listen to the rest of that sentence. I just wanted out of that damn house!

 

I decided to go over and talk to Abby. As I arrived in front of Abby's apartment, I knocked on the door. A few seconds later Abby answered and let me in and started bombarding me with questions. 

 

"What happened last night? Are you okay? You look pissed. Did he do somehting. Ohh if he did, I am going to -"

"I'm fine Abby, just annoyed."

 

I sat down on her couch and put my head in my hands. "I don't know what to do…..it's hard being in the same house as him…..it's weird." I looked  up at her as she patted me on the back.

"well, what happened?" I told her the story of what happened last night. She sat there nodding her head and smiling her little goofy grin. As I finished the story Abby started clapping and laughing. I was soooo confused.

"what is wrong with you?" *laughter* "you look like a crazy person"  I just looked at her waiting for her to stop laughing. Once she stopped she answered, "you still love him!" she looked at me with an eye smile.

I love him? Did I really still love him? I could never! "no! I got over him a LONG time ago!"

Abby chuckled "get over it, hun. You love him...you love him a lot."

I didn't know what to say to that, so I stayed quiet. Abby scooted closer and enveloped me with a hug and said "you love him. Admit it and confess it. You deserve happiness" as I listen to her, I can't bring myself to believe her words.

I don't love him. I could never love him again. He left me...he left our friendship for another girl. How could I ever care for a person who did that? We pull away and I tell her thank you, but I could never care for a person who’s hurt me so much ever again and got up and left.

 

I look at my watch as I'm walking down the sidewalk and realize it's 3:30pm. I left the house at 9. time flies when you're having a heart to heart with friends. I stop at the store to get some food for the cabinet. I haven't been able to go to the store. My house is practically empty. I guess Donghae went too since he's making dinner.

 

When I finally reach home I put all my bags on the counter in the kitchen. Putting away the food I hear singing. *Donghae* I walk into the hallway and into the living room and see him in the backyard singing and dancing to the radio as he barbeques. I find myself smiling and chuckling as I watch him….. I missed this Donghae. I missed this dorky fish.  Watching him dance and sing along to "Moves Like Jaggar" by Maroon 5, making a big fool of himself, I couldn't help but think of all the times we would put on random shows for each other. We would pick our favorite songs and sing, and possibly dance, to them, just for fun. We were carefree back then.as those memories drifted through my mind I went back to putting the groceries away. Once done, I decided I should go outside and make myself known. In my mind, I didn't want to go outside or be anywhere near him at the moment but, I  knew I had to.

 

As i open the back door I'm greeted by the sounds of Donghae's beautiful voice. I wasn't watching where I was going and ran into one of my stools. *what was that thing doing in the middle of the walkway?* Donghae turns at the sudden sound, shocked. Realizing it was me, he smiles. 

"Welcome home, Sarah" I gave a small nod and sat at the table. 
"Where have you been all day?" he asked as he went back to grilling.

"I went over to Abby's" I said, playing with a random leaf on the table.

"Oh. how's she doing?" he turnd to me, "What did you guys talk about?"

I looked up at him and caught his gaze. Feeling uncomfortable, I coughed and looked away and answered, "Just girl stuff. Nothing big"

"I see...." *silence* Hae went back to grilling as I looked around my backyard trying to find a way out of this awkward silence.

We were out there for a good 10 minutes in dead silence....you can hear the neighbors cutting their food with their doors shut, it was so quiet. 

I stood up from the table. "I'm going to go get plates and drinks"

"Alright. Food's almost ready, I'll put it on the table" He said as i scurried off into the house. I grabbed all that we needed and headed out the back door and saw all the food on the table and Donghae waiting for me. He grabbed the plates from me and I went and sat down. He started placing food on both plates and set one in front of me. "Thank you" I said as I looked down at this delicious plate full of grilled chicken and veggies. yum!

As we were eating, not wanting to eat in silence, we talked about our day. Since he already knew what I did, he told me his day plans. He went to the store, came home and did prep work for dinner. Then, he went out and chilled with the boys for a few hours just playing video games and being lazy. He got home about 2 hours before I did. He's been cooking since then. We finished our food and I started clearing the table.  I was doing the dishes as Donghae was putting away the leftovers.

"Dinner was delicious, thank you" I said as I washed and dryed the last plate.

"You're welcome. I'm glad you liked it." He smiled.

God, that smile still makes me weak in the knees......no! I shouldn't be feeling this way! This is not good!

I dryed my hands, told him I was going to get ready for bed and shuffled past him.

 

Showered, clothed, teeth and hair brushed, sheets pulled back. Time for bed. 

I looked at the clock. It read 11:37pm. *wow, that late already* I yawned.

Donghae came in drying his hair. *guess he used the guest bathroom..no wonder the hot water was disappearing faster than usual*

We both climbed into bed and he turned off the light. The moon shined through the crack in my blinds and shined across the bed.

I my side and slipped my hands under my pillow, getting comfortable. The bed moved as Donghae got into a comfortable position too. My lids started to get heavy and I started to drift off. "Good night Donghae" I yawned. "Good night Sarah. See you in the morning"

 

 

 

 

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sososososososoososososooooooooooooo sorry guys!!! I have been experiencing writers block. ugh! it ! I didn't think I'd be gone so long!!! I feel so bad. I don't even know if any of my readers are still here. I understand though. Thank you for sticking with me if you're still here!  

 

Here's another chapter. I don't know how good it is...i don't even know if it's really going anywhere at the moment. Hopfully i get back into the groove soon.   I won't disappear for that long this time! I promise! love you<3