Chapter 4 : My boys...

I'll never leave you alone

“Good morning, babe.”

 

I was awakened by an unfamiliar voice. I can feel someone’s breath near my ear. I swear it sent shivers down to my spine. And what?! BABE?

 

I quickly opened and my eyes and I was welcomed with a face so close to mine. “AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!”

 

“Eunbyungie! It’s me!” he said in a panic. He held my face between his hands and by that, I was stopped. He stared into my eyes and smiled. “The breakfast is ready.” With that, he stood up and left me shocked.

 

What was that? Why with his simple touch, I was calmed? This is really getting creepy!

 

After my morning rituals—folding the bed sheets, going to the bathroom to rinse my face, and brushing my teeth—I went downstairs and….

 

“Y-You did that?” I asked as I went slowly to the table.

 

“Yeah, Yang at your service!”

 

I was too preoccupied on eating that I wasn’t able to recognize whatever he was saying. Who would have thought that he cooked all my favorite dishes?

 

“You can still do what a human can, you can also touch these things… does that mean, I can touch you too?” I asked after drinking some water.

 

“What a silly question! Of course!” he answered as he sat on the chair beside me.

 

“B-But… you are translucent when I saw you at the cemetery…” I said as I faced him. He just smiled and the next thing I knew he was staring into my eyes while his hand was caressing my cheeks. “H-Hey!”

 

“You’re blushing,”

 

***

 

I left the house entrusting it fully to my new found friend. Not. I arrived to our dance practice just on time. To my surprise, Dongwoon welcomed me with a wide smile.

 

“I have been waiting for you!”

 

Oh my, I have been waiting for you to talk to me too! Good heavens, this is one heck of a dream come true!

 

“M-My partner ditched me… can I have you instead? You don’t have a partner, right?”

 

I was still in daze when he snapped his fingers in front of me with a puzzled expression. “Sure, sure! You can be my---WHAT?”

 

“D-Don’t you want me to be your partner?” he asked with a ‘hurt’ expression.

 

“No—No! It wasn’t like that! I… Uh… don’t know how to dance… Why me?”

 

“Because I like you!”

 

“Is that so—WHAT AGAIN?”

 

“I mean, I like you to be my partner. I am not comfortable with others girls so…” before I could approve, he started to drag me to the center and positioned me.

 

My body was trembling as the thought of him holding my hand even for just a freaking second makes me want to cry. But the thing that’s bothering me was the fact that I don’t know how to dance. Major turn off!

 

“I…I think I really can’t.”

 

“Trust me, I’ll guide you.” And he showed his million dollars worth smile.

 

But something suddenly popped into my mind. “Okay fine, I’ll help you with Dongwoon.”

 

“Hey, aren’t you comfortable with me?” he asked as he recognized I wasn’t in my usual self.

 

“Uhh… No, something’s just bothering me.” I smiled as I avoided his gaze.

 

“Look at me, Eunbyung.” He said in a gentle tone. I slowly lifted my head and my eyes met his. This is so damn romantic. I just don’t want this very moment to last.