Another Stranger

THE LAST SUMMER

Dad’s words were crushing my heart. I can’t believe at what I’m hearing. I shook my head repeatedly at what he said, “No! You’re lying Dad. You’re lying! ” my tears kept falling down my cheeks, my hands were shaking so badly. I wanted to slap him and walk away, or better leave. I turned back and started to walk to my room.

The room looked the same but to me, it looked smaller. Pink wallpapers roughly faded, it’s not pink anymore though some retained the color. My bed is still positioned on the same place I left it years ago. The chair form my requested vanity mirror is too small for me, it needs to be changed. Thinking of how many things has to be changed, I remembered dad. I can’t admit to myself that I can’t blame him for doing so. It’s our fault, we left him, for the reason that his family do not like mom for him. We left for America when I was just 7 and started to live without dad’s support.

That time, their separation seemed nothing to me, thinking that we were just on vacation without dad. And since I love new places his absence didn’t really matter to me. But I loved dad and mom equally. Mom later on explained to me the situation, and to her surprise, I accepted it easily.

I walked towards my bed and sat on one edge feeling big and unfit for it. By the look at how things were placed, it was obvious nothing was touched; Dad really didn’t expect me today. I appreciate dad for not letting the kids use my room, because it’s the only place I can call my own right now, and this small bed is the only thing to comfort me at the moment.

I slept over thinking about dad & his new family. When I woke up I can hardly open my eyes. It’s very sore and probably looked red right now. I got up and walked towards the door. I was holding the knob when I thought about him again, what if he’s still outside? Am I ready to face him after what he said to me? I shrugged the thought. I’m not ready to see him, neither them. I hate her. I hate her for taking dad away from me, and I hate her more for taking mom’s position in Dad’s life. And though I have nothing against the kids, I can’t help but act cold towards them because I don’t want her to think that I like her.

In my sea of thoughts, I felt a rumbling in my stomach. I missed lunch; I wonder if they called me to join them even if it’s damn obvious I wouldn’t eat with them. I twisted the knob and opened the door jut enough to poke my head out. I’m looking for faces that would ruin my night completely. After turning my head left to right twice, I decided to come out and tiptoed my way to the kitchen.

The lights were off but I’m still careful not to awaken them. I headed to the fridge when I heard whispering voices behind the divider wall. Familiar voices, I thought. It was no mistaking that the owners of the voices were dad and Seo Yeon. Yeah, that’s her name, I heard dad call her earlier. I leaned closer, curious about what they were talking about. But it didn’t took a second to for me to know their topic of discussion. Soit’s me they are talking about? Now I’m even more curious.

“How are you planning to tell her the truth?” it was Seoyeon. What truth? Haven’t I just discovered it earlier?

Dad, even behind the divider wall, emanated the feeling of hesitation. I can feel it since he didn’nt answer her right away.

“I guess… she’ll discover it herself.”

“B-but, you can’t hide it from her for too long.” she sounded sympathetic towards my dad. ”should… I tell her ”

What is it they have  to tell me?

“no, let me handle it, we’ll head to the villa tomorrow , even if it’s forcing Jieun to come with us.”

I can’t believe at what I heard. They are forcing me to come with them? No way! Suddenly, I felt rebellious, my mind thought of something wild. Escape! Yes, escape. My things weren’t completely unpacked, if I return to y room now, I can still sneak out later. Then, I’ll just fly back to US and tell mom about dad.

I’ve been calling mom a hundred of times already but she never picked any of my calls. Now I’m getting frustrated. 

=============================================================================================

well i know this update is not worth the wait -- that is if anyone waited for this..^^