My Dad...and His Family?

THE LAST SUMMER
I’m excited to see my father. I’m at the airport right now and I want to surprise him. He thought I was gonna go home tomorrow but I lied. I’m not used to taking a taxi, but since I wanted this, I guess one time is ok.

“Taxi.” I called a taxi and the driver hurriedly drove the car towards me. I got inside and told the driver to drive me to my father’s address.

After a while, I was in front of our old house. I heard noises from inside. I was expecting father to be alone that time. I pushed the doorbell and a woman in her late 40s came outside the door and asked me,” Neh how can I help you? ”

I suddenly felt curious about the woman in front of me. Could she be my father’s house maid? But he can’t afford one. Or she was just a concerned neighbor who gives food to my father and now she’s on her way out of the house? I erased the thoughts and said, “I’m Lee Ji Eun, is dad inside?”

I saw the lady’s eyes widened and I caught a glance of her hands, it was shaking. By that, my mind jumped into a conclusion, and I hope it’s wrong.

“P-Please go inside…”she’s obviously faking a smile.

I walked in and asked her,”by the way, who are you?”My chest was kind of beating so hard while waiting for her answer. I hope she’s not my father’s new wife or else I would call mom this instant and fly back to America. She was hesitating to answer; now I’m really getting tensed.

The front door suddenly opened “Daddy!”I was so glad to see him that I ignored the woman I was talking to earlier and I ran towards him and hugged him. “I missed you so much Dad.”

“I thought your flight wasn’t until tomorrow?” My Dad felt awkward.

“Well, I thought of surprising you. Weren’t you surprised?”

“Uh…I am, I am, let’s go inside.” My dad looked uneasy. What’s wrong with him? Isn’t he happy to have me home? And who’s that woman earlier? Something is really strange. Could Dad possibly be hiding something from me?

We went inside the house. I’ve been exchanging glances from my Dad to this woman. They both look uneasy and there’s something from the look in their eyes that tells and makes me feel that there is really something wrong. And who’s this woman? She didn’t answer my question earlier. Now I’m really getting annoyed by their actions, it’s weird and Dad is not normally…mysterious. I can’t take their awkwardness anymore, “Dad, is something wrong?” I said in an irritated voice.

“Uh, n-nothing Ji Eun.” He denied.

“But you’re making me feel like you don’t want me here.” I pouted my lips.

My Dad panicked a bit. “Please don’t feel that way Ji Eun, uh… it’s just that…” They looked at each other, which made me curious.

“What?” I asked impatiently. I don’t have all day to listen to what they have to say which they don’t intend to say anyway, I’m from a trip for crying out loud! Now they both looked hesitant to say a single word. I rolled my eyeballs and turned back from them. If they don’t want to tell me, fine.

I walked directly to the kitchen to drink a glass of water, and when I was finally there…”this is great! Just great!” I murmured to myself sarcastically. “Who are you people?” I saw two girls playing with their toys at the kitchen. They look shocked by my tone of voice. I didn’t mean to scare them but, I feel like I’m a stranger in my own house. And who are this people, really? My eyes were still fixed to the girls; they have cute eyes, just like my Dad’s…w-wait, and how could they…possibly…”Daaaaad!” I called him in somewhat a shouting way. I turned back, I saw his scared face, it was almost pale. “You owe me an explanation.”



That's all i have for chapter 1. this chap is really kind of boring. please still continue reading my story (pathetic, haha). i hope you liked it you!^^ i'm open for suggestions and grammar critics are very much welcome.