Arrival

The SM Dilemma

Poppy sat quietly as the plane flew over Seoul. She looked out the window carefully and dug her short nails into the arm rest. It was so high up. But she was safe. Plane crashes are rare... But they're always violent. She took a breath to distract herself and looked back at the city. The plane began to descend slowly, stewardesses walked around to make sure everyone was ready. Poppy tossed her small plastic cup into the trash bin as the snack cart went to the back of the plane. Only a little bit longer and she would be greeted by SNSD's manager. Or maybe it would be f(x). All she knew was that SooMan had set her up with an idol group until she graduated.

"Our decent on Seoul has begun. Please remain buckled for the remainder of the flight."

It was only a few minutes before the plane was on the ground, only a couple after that before the plane was cleared. The teen was left to grab her bag from under the seat in front of her and head to baggage claim. She walked around, looking for a person standing with a sign with her name on it. She couldn't see anyone in the sea of people. As soon as Poppy got to baggage claimed, the crowd had cleared some and was easier to maneuver through.

She grabbed her suit case and looked around. She couldn't see anyone that might be there for her. After a moment she sighed and started to walk outside. As Poppy did, someone ran up behind her and grabbed her suitcase.

"Excuse me." A mans voice said in awkward English.

Poppy turned quickly to try and take her suitcase back when she stopped dead in her tracks.

"We've been waiting for you. I'm sorry if I scared you." Leeteuk smiled charmingly.

The teen stood, hanging slightly open in shock as she took in the angelic vision before her. Park Jungsu, a.k.a Leeteuk, was standing less than a foot away with her suitcase in hand. He had been waiting for her. What kind of a dream was this? One she didn't want to wake up from.

"Th-th-that's okay. Um... Wow..." She managed to stutter out.

"The others are waiting at the dorm, we should head to the van." Leeteuk said, leading Poppy out of the airport. "Is this your only bag?" He asked politely.

"No, well, yeah. That I brought. My mom is sending more of my stuff in a couple weeks."

The two walked out to the car, the Super Junior manager sitting in the drivers seat. As Poppy got into the middle row, the older idol put her bag in the back. He got in and sat with her, buckling up. After a minute of talking to the manager, which Poppy only caught about half of, Leeteuk smiled softly at her.

"I hope your flight was okay." He said.

"It was, just long." The girl replied with a smile.

As the van pulled out of the airport, they sat in awkward silence. Poppy could feel the stiff pressure between her shoulder blades and tightening in her stomach as the awkwardness became thick enough to cut with a knife. She eventually got up the guts to say something.

"I'm surprised they are setting me up in your dorm. I thought I would be with f(x) or SNSD..."

They sat there a moment as Leeteuk processed the comment.

"We were too. But it won't be too bad."

It was almost completely silent the rest of the ride besides the radio. If this was what the car ride to the dorm would be life, what would dorm life be like? Poppy felt her stomach tighten more, the feeling of a lump in her through becoming thick and hard to swallow at the thought. What if something went wrong? Why did SooMan do this? Before being able to think over the questions, the van stopped outside the dorm building. Time for the moment of truth.


Hey guys. So, I've requested a poster for the story, but it's going to be a while before I get it because they used the wrong girl for it, but besides that it's really awesome! I used Simple Perfection, who I have requested from before. It's a great shop, go check it out.