Just the Two of Us

[Super Junior Oneshots] Guess Who

you~” he called down the corridor. “Are you free this afternoon?”

“Yeah, why? Got something interesting?” I called back in reply as sticks his head into the room.

“You’ll see~ Keep it free for me~” he smiled and popped back out of the room.

 

“So, what’s the surprise?” I asked whilst taking a seat on his bed.

“Songwriting.” He answered and flipped open his laptop. I take the empty seat beside him.

“Ooh, do you have the tune already?” I asked but he shook his head.

“It’s not complete yet…so I want you to help with that as well.” He said slowly.

“My help?” I said and he nodded vigorously.

“I want to write a piano duet,” he spoke determinedly.

“But my piano skills can’t compare to yours! You’re asking the wrong person…maybe you should ask-” I tried to explain before I was cut off by him.

“No. I want it to be just us two, you and me. Isn’t that alright?” He pouted fiercely as he grabbed my hands. How could I not give in to his sincerity?

 

“Yes, so just place your hands there and then play the chords Amj, Emj7, Gmj, Dm…finishing on an Amj7.” He guided while I watched and listened carefully.

“So like this…argh! My left hand is always slower than my right…I wish I was ambidextrous like you.” I attempted and failed which drew a small giggle from him.

“I wasn’t born ambidextrous. I trained my weaker hand, so you can too. Here. Let’s try again.” He explained and placed his hands on mine to guide me across the piano keys.

 

*ring ring*

“Argh!” He yelled at his Hello Kitty-cased phone while he ignore the call and continued with composing.

*beep*

“Pick it up, maybe it’s important.” I tell him as his frustrations begin to show on the keys.

*beep*

*beep*

“It’s ok, let’s finish off here first. I don’t want to be distracted.” He said, forcing a smile.

*beep*

“Argh! Alright. That’s it. Who is this big shot who thinks he’s more important than you.” He exploded and roughly snatched his phone from the table. He violently handled his phone, tapped a few buttons and placed the phone to his ear. “If you keep spam-calling my phone I will burn all your laptops. Now tell me what you want? I didn’t mean that literally! Tell me what you called me for? What? That’s it? Go home. Wait, no. Don’t do that, I’m home. Go practice or something and stop messaging me! Bye!”

“Is everything alright?” I asked slowly.

“It is now…Are you getting hungry? I can make something for you.” He answered, slowly steadying his breath.

“No, I’m fine. I had a big lunch so I’m not hungry yet.” I replied and we resumed composing. After the instrumental was recorded, I go on to help him with the lyrics.

 

*ding dong*

“Hello?” He called as he approached the door. “What are you doing here? I thought I told you not to come home.”

“Hehe, why not? Why are you wearing make up? Is someone here?” The visitor pried.

“No one is h-here! It's just me and my keyboard. Take this and go have a nice dinner outside!” He stuttered, and pushed the visitor out.

"Now he won't disturb me and you." He said in victory as he closed the door. "Ah~ I better start cooking the candlelit dinner."

 

“I knew I could count on him for some money~” The visitor smirked while he walked away with his handful of bills.