Phobia Loves Mania

Phobia Meets Mania

 

                Please read author's note below.


               I’m getting this awkward feeling whenever Kyuhyun is around me. He’s clingy, but that’s only when we’re alone, but I don’t mind that at all. What I do mind, however, is when my stomach does triple somersaults and my heart beats ten times faster than normal.

                Right now, I’m trying my best to avoid said guy. I even ditched my lunch get-together with the animal couple. I even avoided eye contact with him and ignore his calls for me. I know I’m being stupid but what am I supposed to do?

                “Hi, I’m looking for a student named Cho Kyuhyun,” a guy with huge designer shades, wearing a black and white knitted sweater, which looks extremely familiar, and jeans. He wears a scarf around his neck. He has his hair tied up in a slightly girlish look but all in all, he looks handsome. Which is weird. I just used the word ‘girly’ on him. Aside from that, he says he’s looking for my roommate?

                “Ah, Mr. Kim! Could you please come here a second,” Mrs. Park, the secretary calls me. The man eyes me up and down as if checking me out.

                “Could you show Dr. Kim here where Kyuhyun’s room is? He said he needs to see him as it is urgent,” Mrs. Park asks with a smile on her face. She’s a nice old day. The only nice old lady around here to be exact. I nod my head and ask the stranger to follow me to the dorm building because knowing Kyuhyun, he’ll be inside our room doing something.

                The walk is really awkward. The guy following me is giving me the creeps and he’s burning holes on the back of my head. What if he’s a serial killer and the real reason he’s seeking Kyuhyun is to kill him? Nah, I don’t think so. Plausible, but I doubt it’ll happen. Kyuhyun could do that himself. Speaking of which… Oh! He better not do something ridiculous or I’ll castrate his balls and feed it to the horn dogs of this school!

                I walk faster when we reach the dorm building. I don’t care if there’s a creepy male following me or not. I need to reach Kyuhyun now. Blame my stupidity and these stupid feelings for not remembering said person’s sickness. Is it even called sickness? Ah! Whatever!

                I slip in my key and turn the knob, opening the door with a slam. Hah! Making an entrance like a boss!

                “CHO KYUHYUN! SOMEONE’S HERE TO SEE YOU!” I screech like a banshee. Scanning the room, I find it empty because the curtains are moved away, so I’m guessing he’s in the bathroom based on the clanging sounds. I open it with a bang and see Kyuhyun’s glassy eyes while holding the razor from before.

                I grab the glasses from the sink, slide it on him then snatch away the razor from his hand. I wrap my arms around him and sway him back and forth. He seems to be back on his senses because I can feel his arms wind their way to my back.

                “Thank you for coming back. I thought you hated me now,” he whispers from my chest.

                “I don’t hate you. I’m just confused that’s all,” I reason. He doesn’t say anything after that and neither do I. It feels right having him in my arms like this. I like it. It’s like he’s born to be wrapped in my arms like this. Ok, that was cheesy. I blame Mojo for my cheesiness. A cough from the doorframe snaps us both out of our bubble.

                “Is everything alright in here?” The mysterious stranger inquires. “What’s with the glasses Kyuhyun?”

                “Oh, Heechul hyung. What are you doing here?” Kyuhyun asks as he pulls away from me.

                “Sound a bit more enthusiastic to see me Kyu,” Heechul guy snorts. “Anyways, I’m here to check on you. I got a bit worried because I haven’t heard from you since you got here.”

                I try to leave because I get the feeling I’m interrupting a family moment here but Kyuhyun pulls my wrist, and then stands up from the water closet. Stupid Kyuhyun! Let go of me you idiotic buffoon!

                “So… Back to my question earlier. What’s with the glasses?” Heechul guy teases with amusement evident on his face.

                “He’s afraid of dolls so he made me wear these glasses whenever he’s around,” Kyuhyun answers, dragging me down on the bedroom floor with him. I’m so awkward around this Heechul guy because he looks so familiar. He’s also got this familiar air around him, but I can’t point out where was the last time I felt it. It’s just awkward.

                I try tugging at my arm, silently begging Kyuhyun to let me go. I don’t want to be inside a small room with this guy. He makes me uncomfortable. I keep trying but Kyuhyun keeps a tight grip on my wrist that it makes me whimper. I don’t think the other guy notices my futile attempts because he keeps on having a conversation with this stupid guy.

                “…so, why don’t you introduce this roommate of yours?” I hear the stranger ask. Oh, god.

                “His name is Kim Jongwoon. He’s amazing, right hyung?” Kyuhyun answers with a smile. Oh, kill me now! His smile is so heavenly! I feel my face heat up so I look down at my lap. Escaping completely erased from my mind.

                “Jongwoon? You have the same name as my brother,” Heechul guy recalls with a sad smile.

                “You have the same name as my older brother,” I whisper mostly to myself.

                “I do, huh?” He contemplates. “Do you sing Jongwoon?”

                “Only in front of my friends,” I answer. What’s with the questions not-so-big guy?

                “I see. Hmmm… do you find this necklace familiar to you?” He removes his scarf then pulls out a silver headphone necklace from his sweater. Omo!

                “Yeah, I have the exact same thing!” I exclaims as I pull out my necklace to show it to him. All the while, Kyuhyun has been silent. I have no idea why. Suddenly, the hand on my wrist lets go as a pair of arms wrap around my body.

                “Jongwoon! Oh, how I’ve missed you!” Heechul guy cries. Missed? Wait, what? He pulls away from me, crying. He cups my face with both his hand as his eyes scans my whole face. I have this tingly feeling in my chest but I’m still confused. I’m so confused right now.

                “You grew up baby brother. How many years has it been huh?” Baby bro… ther?

                “Hyung?” I whisper cautiously. My vision becomes blurry as tears form. “Hyung?” I ask louder.

                “Yeah, it’s hyung,” he chuckles. I launch myself into his arms and cry. My big brother’s here. My big brother whom I haven’t seen since my parents sent me away. My big brother who I love dearly though he caused my misery because of his doll collection. Speaking of which…

                “Hyung, do you still have that doll collection?” I sniffle.

                “Nope. Burned everything. When mom and dad told me they sent you away, I was furious. They never told me where they sent you away to.” Hyung clenches his fist tightly while staring at the space. One thing to know about my hyung is to never anger him. He’s more dangerous than a hungry lion.

                “When they told me why they sent you away, I got even more furious.” I think I hear thunder roaring close. The things my hyung does. I sigh contentedly. “I promised myself to study Psychology to get rid of that phobia of yours. It seems I’m still needed,” he muses.

                “Oh, you have no idea hyung. The first time I saw Kyuhyun, I fainted. And that was when Hyukjae was running after me with a rag doll,” I grimace. Stupid past. I don’t like remembering that event. It’s beyond embarrassing!

                “That really happened?” Hyung asks.

                “Yeah. He screamed so loud I had to cover my ears,” Kyuhyun answers. I hate you for bringing that up. Really. Even though I’m the one who told my hyung about my fainting incident, I still hate you Kyuhyun.

                Heechul hyung and I spend time trying to relieve the time we were separated. He told me he was living with a Chinese guy named Han Geng and that they’re together. Talk about coincidence. I’m gay, he’s gay. I call dibs that everybody’s gay. Ok, that was lame. I don’t know how long we talked but I didn’t care. Kyuhyun sat by the bed the entire time, either spacing out or eavesdropping. I’m thankful he didn’t interrupt us though.

                “Jongwoon-ah, hyung needs to go.”

                “Already?” But… but… it’s too soon.

                “Yeah.” He kisses my forehead then ruffles my hair. “I’ll call you though. Don’t think I’ll be letting you go again that easily.”

                He left after reminding Kyuhyun of a few things and getting my phone number. A stray tear rolls down my face as I wave at Heechul hyung. I missed him. We were glued at the hips when we were kids. Besides, he’s a wonderful teacher. He taught me a lot of (non-erted) things.

                “Who was that?” Donghae asks by the end of the stairs. He and Mojo approach us while holding hands. Ugh! PDA much? Kyuhyun and I are standing by the front door, though Heechul hyung is long gone.

                “My big brother. I should’ve introduced you guys but I…”

                “…completely forgot about us. Yep. We understand. You being an airhead, you know,” Mojo teases. That is it! I smack his head so hard he stumbles forward and hits his head on the door frame. I help Hyukjae up to check if he’s bleeding.

                “Hey, are you alright? Was I too strong? I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you too much. I... I just got carried away. Do you need to go to the infirmary? Should I call the nurse? Should I…” and I babble on and on and on. What? You can’t blame me. I’m panicking right now because Mojo’s still not standing up. I’m scared I hurt him too hard. He might hate me forever and I don’t like that.

                “Stop rambling Jongwoon! I’m fine!” Hyukjae yells while nursing his forehead. Oh thank goodness. I sigh in relief. “You’re cute when you ramble like that.” Yeah, tease all you want monkey! I’m still feeling guilty here yet you still make fun of me. I hate you, monkey! One day I’m going to steal Donghae from you.

                “Something’s missing from you, Kyuhyun,” Donghae observes. “You look oddly handsome today.”

                “Yeah, I notice it too,” Hyukjae butts in.

                “I don’t.” I purse my lips as I check every single detail on Kyuhyun’s face but I find nothing unusual. What’s wrong with these two? One is an idiot though, so I can’t really blame him.

                “Oh. My. Gosh!” Donghae exclaims like a girl. Could he get any gayer than that? Ok, stop. I shouldn’t think of my best friend like that, especially since I’m also gay.

                “OH!” Hyukjae exclaims too with eyes as wide as golf balls. His eyes are small so golf balls are the best analogy. They are both staring at Kyuhyun so I check his face out, but I still don’t see it. Kyuhyun looks confused as well.

                “Will you two just spit it out already!”

                “Not unless you go over to him and touch his face,” Donghae orders. Though confused, I walk up to Kyuhyun and touch his face. I even smother it, cup his cheeks, pat it a little, then let go. Yep, that’s the way you do it!

                “He’s not wearing his glasses,” the couple points out off-handedly. Oh? I turn to face Kyuhyun once more to see that indeed, he’s not wearing glasses.

                “So?”

                Donghae and Hyukjae whisper to each other, occasionally glancing our way. Kyuhyun asks me if I know what’s going on but I shrug. I don’t know what’s going on either. I mean, what’s the big deal? So what if he’s not wearing glasses?

                “Just to make sure…” I hear Donghae say out loud. I wonder what they’re talking about.

                “If he can stand looking at his face at a close proximity, I’m calling…” Hyukjae whispers the last few words. Who are they talking about? Geez, I feel so left out.

                “Want to go somewhere else?” Kyuhyun asks.

                “Sure. I think it is best we give this two love birds some privacy.”

                We walk away from the still arguing couple without looking back. Kyuhyun is leading the way right now though I don’t know where he’s taking me. A cool breeze blows making me shiver slightly. I didn’t notice that he stop so I accidentally bumped on his back.

                “Oh, sorry.” I rub my nose. Good, it’s still there. I step away from him before looking up. He’s staring at me—more like boring holes into my face. “What?”

                “I like you,” he blurts out. I feel my cheeks warming up. I don’t think he means it the way I think he means it.

                “I know. You said that before,” I shrug nonchalantly. He places his palm on my cheek, caressing it with his thumb. I shudder before sighing in relief. I’ve never felt this comfortable with someone after Donghae and my grandparents before. The things this guy does to me. Sighing, I let my eyes close.

                “I love you,” he whispers. Way to ruin the comfortable moment you jerk! Wait, did he just say… I open my eyes and… Oh. My. Gosh! His face is inches away from mine and he’s leaning closer. “I really do…” he whispers again before connecting his lips to mine.

                Everything goes hazy after that. I’m panicking inside but Ican’t push him. No. I don’t want to push him. But, isn’t this a little bit too fast? I mean, we’ve only known each other for a few weeks and, oh gosh, I really am panicking. What if he’s just playing with me? What if this is just a bet he made with his friends? As if he has friends.

                “Stop thinking and start kissing,” Kyuhyun murmurs before attacking my lips once more. Oh, what the heck. I’ll just worry about everything later and just go with the flow. Yeah, I should do that. This isn’t my first kiss because I’ve kissed Donghae before. He asked me if I could teach him how to kiss and since I was a newbie too, we decided to just help each other out. And now, thanks to Donghae I’m dominating this kiss. Ha!

                A cough behind Kyuhyun snaps us out of our bubble. We pull away from each other to see the party poopers. Ugh! The love birds followed us, huh?

                “Can’t you see we’re having a private moment here?”

                “Yep. That’s why I’m so eager to disturb it,” Hyukjae smugly replies. you Mojo!

                “What do you want?” I ask irritatingly.

                “Nothing… just want to know something…” Donghae mutters.

                “Missed Annie, Jongwoon?” Hyukjae asks as he shoves a rag doll in my direction. My breathing becomes labored and I feel my heart drumming on my chest. Oh, God. I run away, as fast as possible pulling my Kyuhyun with me. Yep. I’m declaring him mine even though he looks like a doll.

                “You’re still scared of dolls, huh?” Kyuhyun yells from behind me. We continue running till we reach our dorm room. I locked the door just in case.

                “Uh-huh. You’re an exception though,” I whisper as I lean on him.

                “Really now, Phobia?” He chuckles on my lips.

                “Really, Mania.” Our lips meet once more and the rest is history.

 

 

 

 

 


I should've updated this last thursday but I was out until late that night so I wasn't able to update and the next day I have to leave early. Sorry for the late update guys but here's the final chapter! Yay!

Why did I write PMB in the first place and why crack/fluff? 

Everybody (if you read my foreword) knows that the reason I wrote this is for a friend of mine (rhenny) and she requested the fic that has Phobias in it. so I agreed and this is the result. She doesn't like too much angst or too much drama (such genre are always present in my fic) so I tried to put in a lighter way and make Jongwoon think like an absurd person. I think it worked. Be warned however, that both phobia and mania aren't to be taken lightly. they are serious conditions and fainting and such are possible.

How come i managed to update this fic consistently unlike my other fics?

Because I wrote this before school started. I have a massive headache due to chemistry now so please don't make me write an update and such. I beg you. :)

Are this questions really asked by commenters?

The answer is no. This questions aren't asked by any of you. I just made it all up. 

Anyways, I wanted to write a Kyu POV but I'm too lazy (and stressed) to write one. So I bid you guys all a farewell and see you again soon? :)