Fish Out Of Water

My All Is In You

Upon arriving at the cafeteria there were hoardes of people in line for today's special and everyones favorite: SUKSHILKWA! Some already had their trays and rushing to their tables with 3 of it. We were standing at the door when I saw someone from my pheriperal staring at us. I turned my head a bit to the right and someone caught my eyes. There was this tall guy with silky black hair, thin -but not too thin lips, milky white skin and when he noticed me almost staring at him, he smiled his pearly whites and I felt every part of my nerves tingle and my body almost shoot upwards. His smile sent a couple of chills down my spine. It was a bit fishy for someone who looked so handsome and cool. As if too help out, my stomach growled to get my attention, Tiffany was tugging my arm saying, "Come on Heejin. I thought you were hungry?" I snapped out of my dazed like state and followed Tiffany through the cafeteria line, not making my eyes stop searching for that fishy smile. Kyuhyun handed us trays and we talked as we slowly walked to each counter.

"Heejin-ah." Kyuhyun said with a slight tap on my with his tray. "Ow! What was that for?" I asked with a confused and annoyed look. He snickered as I was getting some pudding, lasagna and a carton of milk, "Why are you staring into space? Remembering the math problem again?" he said as he grabbed his own food plus an apple and milk. I almost forgot  my own apple. It was my favorite fruit by far! One of the many similarities I had with Kyuhyun oppa. "Yah~ Oppa. Hand me my apple." I pouted at him. He coolingly grabbed another apple and slowly handed it to me. Or so I thought. When I was holding my hand out he smacked the apple on my head. It wasn't hard but it hurt. He was snickering as we were about to pay on the cashier and I was rubbing my head. "Aish~ Kyuhyun-ah! Why on earth are you picking on me today?" He smiled like he like the question. "It's because I like the way you pout when I tease you." He stuck a tongue out at me. I did the same and he pinched my cheeks. "Guege nae yeoja." We both smiled and didn't notice that we were already standing infront of the cashier. He was still holding me like that so I brushed his hands away, some people might think of something bad and untrue.

"20000 won please." said the lunch lady at the cashier. I grabbed my wallet in the right pocket of my school blouse but Kyuhyun grabbed it as if to stop me. He grinned and looked at the lunch lady. "How much are both our lunches?" he asked, and I almost forgot that he was treating me because of the Math thing. "40050 won." said the lunch lady. He pulled out his own wallet and grabbed the needed money as he motioned me to move along and get out of line. I did as he said. I scanned the cafeteria to see where Tiffany saved us a seat while Kyuhyun was handing his lunch money to the lunch lady and slung an arm around my neck. "So where's Tiffany, EvilMaknae Junior?" I stuck out my tongue out at him again. I should explain, I was the youngest among us three. I also had the weirdest habbits which seemed "evil" to Kyuhyun so he called me that. Since he was younger than some of his friend and they called him "evil" he made me EvilMaknae JUNIOR. I was still craning my neck to find Tiffany and I finally did. She was waving at us at a table near an open window. Nice spot, I thought to myself. I tapped Kyuhyun on the chest and pointed to Tiffany. "There she is." I said as I walked towards her, pulling Kyuhyun a bit along the way. We were almost to our table when I spotted that guy again, still analyzing me. Was there actually something wrong with my face? I blushed and looked a bit at him and he had a bit of a frown now. Why? Did I do anything? Again, another blush brushed on my cheeks.

We sat down at our table and I quickly started to munch on my lasagna since my stomach was growling as if to put up a sign for me. Tiffany was munchin on her healthy tuna sandwich and Kyuhyun with his sub-sandwich. I had finished my lasagna and now, on to my pudding. I was eating too quickly and I was choking a bit. Kyuhyun noticed as he was finishing his sandwich and rubbed and slapped my back gently. "Sheez Heehee. Take it slow. We don't know the heimlich, you know." he continued to rub my back. I took a big gulp of my milk to push the food all down. Being careful not to go too fast again or else I was going to barf all that I've eaten. I nodded at him and brushed his hands away gently with my skin. As our hands met, there was some odd thing I felt. I think he felt it too because his fase flushed a bit at the contact. I smiled at him just to let him know that it was all fine.

I was starting to eat my apple and Kyuhyun was finishing his milk. Tiffany --being a girly girl that she is-- still had a white satin napkin on her blouse, wiping some sauce from her lasagna --that she womanly ate-- before drinking her milk. I looked at my watch and saw we still had 20 minutes to spend here in the caf. I finished my apple and finally felt full. Kyuhyun was finishing off his apple as well and Tiffany was re-touching her make-up. i decided to pull out my phone and text my sister.

"Hey Amber! Have u eaten lunch?", that's what my text contained. After only a few moments, my phone vibrated.

"Yeah. I can even c u over there w/ Kyu & Tiff. We're going 2 go anyway. See u at home!"

And that's what her reply contained. It's so hard being an older sister. You have so many things going on. Before I got damned bored again, I remembered something I wanted to ask. "Hey Kyu." I said as I turned to him. He looked up at me with a questioning face. "Yes"? he asked. "Can you come by my house tonight? Help me with the homework. You know I'll die if you don't. Please? Pretty please?" I almost begged with puppy dog eyes. He really is the key to my Math success, and without him I was going to drown. After hesitating and putting up a thinking pose with the "Hmmmmmm?" factor, he shrugged and said, "Sure. Why not." he taped Tiffany who was busy texting. "Hey Tiff. Go on over to Heejin's house after school alright? We got homework." he smiled to her and she answered back with a smile. "Of course!" her smile could let out the sun when it rains. I wonder why she still doesn't have a boyfriend? I looked at my watch again and only 5 more minutes until the bells rang. I grabbed my tray and stood up. I wanted to go to my locker and get my things ready. My next class is just as draining as Math. Kyuhyun and Tiffany followed me as well and we all put back our trays. I swung my arm around the both of them again as we headed out. I had that feeling that someone was looking at me, you know that sixth sense? Mine is strong so it felt like whoevers eyes were on me were burning a hole. I looked back at our table and saw that tall figure, smiling again. I couldn't help but feel something inside of me. Different. Weird. Emotional. I just bit my bottom lip and waved lightly at him. His smile grew even bigger. The three of us continued walking through the cafeteria doors and in my mind I wondered. When will I see that fishy face again?

***********

a/n: here's chapter 2! :) hope evryone likes the fanfic. sorry if I take too long to update. busy busy with school, mianhae! comments would be nice :)) tell me if you like the story or not. working on chapter 3! :)