Of erts & Pasta

Sweet Confections, Sweet Intentions

 

Yesung’s POV:

 

“Jongjin-ah, make sure you lock the doors this time. I don’t want Umma to worry again.”

 

“Hyung, stop nagging and just go home already.”

 

“Hey, you barely see your hyung and you want to get rid of me so soon? What, you have a hot date to get to?”

 

“Although this coffee pot isn’t hot anymore, some stains on your white t-shirt would accentuate your abs, don’t you agree?”

 

“Goodnight, dearest dongsaeng~”

 

I wave Jongjin goodbye and walk to the door.

 

Puk!

 

I look down at the ground and see an iPhone sliding forward from the impact of my foot. I pick up the phone, which has an excessive amount of charms dangling off of it, and examine it for any damage.

 

None.

 

Since it’s covered in stickers, I make sure none of the stickers aren’t peeling off. Why? Because they aren’t just any stickers, they are Super Junior stickers. I smile, appreciating our fan’s support for the cafe. I press the button to activate the screen and smirk in approval. It’s a photo of me wearing a very low cut v-neck with a very tight pair of jeans from our recent performance at Music Bank. I slide the arrow to access the phone, and it unlocks with ease since it doesn’t require a passcode. 

 

“Hyung, can’t you leave and giggle to yourself at your dorm?”

 

I jump in surprise and shove the phone into my coat pocket, turning to face Jongjin. We glare at each other for a moment, squinting and twitching our eyes playfully. Utilizing my awesome ninja skills, I my finger against his philtrum and make a run for the door. Before I leave, I stick my tongue out at Jongjin.

 

“Mehrong~ Don’t miss me too much, Jongjin-ah. I’ll call you when I get back from Japan.”

 

Once outside, I lean against the cafe’s glass door and go back to my investigation. Scrolling through the folders of apps, I click on the FaceBook app to see whose phone I have in my possession.

 

“Son Serene?”

 

The phone disappears from my fingertips as soon as the name leaves my mouth. 

 

“That’s my name, don’t wear it out.”

 

I smirk, recognizing the voice.

 

Play time.

 

I lock eyes with the petit girl, who is wet from the rain and is panting hard.

 

What’s so precious about her phone that she had to come sprinting back here in the pouring rain?

 

In the midst of our staring contest, I swiftly take back the phone from her grasp, clasping her hands to prevent her from getting it back. I trace her skinny fingers, which are frozen like ice from being out in the rain.

 

“I should be the one saying that to you, seeing as you will be screaming my name plenty.”

 

“Did you go through my phone? Did you look at my photos or internet history? Because I can report you for invasion of privacy,” Serene presses, ignoring my previous comment. 

 

“Why, are you some pedo that is trying to hide your secret fantasies from the world? Wait a second, why should I check your internet history?”

 

“Well, I technically wouldn’t be a pedo if they are older...” Serene trails off. Before I have the chance to look through her photos, Serene releases a chorus of sounds.

 

Ah-choo!” she sneezes as her stomach grumbles loudly. She sniffles and turns her body away from mine, mumbling something incoherent.

 

God, she is too cute.

 

“Let’s go get you something warm to eat. My treat.”

 

I my coat and drape it over Serene’s shoulders. She twitches, probably surprised at my sudden touch. I smile and pat her back, assuring her that its okay to use my coat. Before she rejects it, I wrap my arms around her shivering figure and guide her to a nearby restaurant.

 

Where did this flirtatious and confident side come from? I’ve been hanging around Siwon too much. . .

 

 

Serene’s POV:

 

I comb my fingers though my wet hair, a fail attempt to style it. I examine my reflection and clean up the slightly runny makeup on my face. Good thing I’m only wearing eyeliner. As I touch-up the liner, I space out. After Yesung chose a place for us to eat, I had fled to the restaurant’s bathroom to make myself look more presentable and decent looking. That idol still had my cellphone in his possession, dammit. He’s probably looking through it right now, that overly touchy man. Not that I mind. 

 

Well, dream or not, I better make the most of this experience. It’s not like everyday a fangirl gets teased by their bias and has a chance to dine out with them.

 

I bite my fist to suppress a scream of excitement; I don’t want to look like a hyperactive fan in front of him. Satisfied with my appearance, I take a deep breath and take careful steps toward where Yesung is seated. As expected, I can him going through my phone’s files. I take a seat across from Yesung and wait for him to look up from the screen.

 

“SHINee, huh? Unless you’re referencing to how our necks are glistening with sweat in these photos, I’m pretty sure you’ve been preaching about the wrong group.”

 

I bite my lip, hard enough to draw blood. 

 

Must resist urge to pounce and kill the fine specimen seated before me. 

 

“What’s good to eat here?” I ask him nonchalantly while reading the menu.

 

Oh my shisus, this food is expensive. I don’t think I could affor-

 

“Me.”

 

I abruptly avert my gaze from the menu and look up at Yesung, whose eyes are still focused on my phone.

 

“Did you say something?”

 

“I already ordered for the both of us, so don’t worry about it,” Yesung cooly responds, sliding the cellphone back into his jean pocket. I’m not getting that back any time soon.

 

An awkward silence fills the air. I twiddle my fingers nervously and think of a way to strike up a conversation, not wanting to think about the contents of my phone. Again, words fail me because of my worries.

 

“Why-” 

“So-”

 

We speak up at the same time. Yesung sends me an eye smile and I raise the edges of my lips nervously. A slight pause follows.

 

“You go first since I’m holding your cellphone hostage,” Yesung teases.

 

Fair enough. 

 

“Why are you even eating with me after what you’ve seen in my phone? Aren’t you creeped out? And shouldn’t you be worrying about the fangirls that might mob you if they see us here? Also, about those photos, I--”

 

“Breath. Everything is okay. I already asked our waiter, no one is going to get stabbed.” 

 

“I said mobbing. Like super rough pushing, hair being pulled, scratches all over your body; you get the gist of it.”

 

“I didn’t know you were into that kind of stuff.”

 

I gawk at Yesung. Why does everything I say sound wrong? Yesung pokes my flushed cheeks for the umpteenth time today while laughing at my expression.

 

“Aigoo. One moment you’re super talkative, but in the next you’re quiet and stiff like a stonewall.”

 

I squint my eyes, pretending to be mad. Just then, the waiter sets our food down on the table.

 

“Two black fettuccine allo Scoglio, and some extra bread for the pretty young lady.” The waiter winks at Yesung and takes his leave, patting Yesung on the shoulder. 

 

“I didn’t know what you liked, so I just ordered you what I usually get. The pasta is black because of the squid ink, it’s really good.”

 

Yesung gestures for me to eat, but I just stare at the plate.

 

Goodness, this is smells so good. But Yesung’s jacket smells even better. It’s like a manly, fresh scent. Yum. 

 

I clench the sleeves of the jacket and look up at Yesung, who is watching me intently.

 

“You don’t like it?”

 

“N-no, it’s not that. You, I mean, the food looks delicious. I’m just not so sure as to how I should eat this. I mean, the food looks like a work of art, and there’s like three different sized forks on the table.”

 

Yesung blinks at me before displaying any sort of reaction.

 

He probably thinks I’m joking around. Ugh, why am I so socially awkward?

 

I mentally kick myself, but Yesung’s low baritone chuckle breaks through the cloud of thoughts. 

 

“Here.” 

 

Yesung hands me a fork, which has some pasta twirled up onto it. Instead of taking the fork, I stare stupidly at Yesung’s hands.

 

Oh my god, he has the most precious hands. 

 

“I know you have a thing for hands, but let’s keep this PG and eat.”

 

Crap. Curse my luck and existence. I bet he saw the pictures of his hands and, well, other body parts on my phone. I snatch the fork out of his hands and stuff the pasta in my mouth, a valid excuse to keep quiet.

 

“Do you like it? How’s the taste? I like the creamy consistency.” 

 

The little immature jokester in me arises.

 

No, Serene, now is not the time for 'that’s what she said' jokes.

 

Wordlessly, I grunt in approval. Satisfied with my response, Yesung happily digs into his pasta. We were probably both really hungry because in a matter of minutes, we finish our food. 

 

Time is passing me by too quickly. 

 

The thought dawns on me when I see Yesung paying the bill. 

 

“I’ll pay you back, I promise. Hey, why don’t I buy you a dessert?” I plead. I feel like I’ve been so inconsiderate of him. He gave me free pastries and a free dinner. I urge him with my eyes, hoping he’ll give in.

 

“Do you even have money on you right now?”

 

“No, too much but I--”

 

“Well there’s no need for dessert when I can taste something even sweeter.”

 

Yesung reaches for my hand that is resting on the edge table. He brings it up to his luscious lips and places a soft butterfly kiss on my palm. I clench my teeth to repress any sounds from escaping my mouth as I feel an electric current run through my veins. I draw my hand back and bring it up to my chest, feeling my quickening heartbeat. Yesung leans forward and pulls me in so that we are both leaning across the table, his mouth just centimeters from my cheek. I blink rapidly, trying not to flutter my eyes closed. 

 

"I think I'm a bit too full for dessert,” I can feel his warm breath lingering on my now tinted pink cheeks. “Maybe next time.”

 

What a tease. 

 

 

 

*⌒ヮ⌒* )  *⌒ヮ⌒*)  *⌒ヮ⌒* )  *⌒ヮ⌒*)  *⌒ヮ⌒* ) 

 

Hi. So I was craving pasta. Finally went to the north end today and had some. Cravings fulfilled = Happy for the next two hours.
Sorry for the delayed update. I was too busy sobbing over “Tokyo in Yesung.” 

BRING YOUR BEAUTIFUL BEHIND TO BOSTON, YESUNG. ;A; 

But did you guys see that sea of ELF in SMTown Tokyo? So proud :'D 

 

anyways, check out my song covers, Touch & Midnight should be up soon~ 

 

IFeelSoCool: I wish I had Super Junior stickers T-T Mine are just random but cute Japanese stickers XD

TasLuq: It’s finally here~ ^^ Hopefully the next update won’t take too long :D 

LYZAAA: I smile like an idiot when I see Yesung breath, tbh LOL
hottest_elf: LOL UNNI THANKS <3 MY YESUNG FEELS SHALL NOT CEASE.