Part Two

The Estate - Two Worlds

 

Days can sometimes turn into weeks without anyone noticing. And of course those weeks can turn into months. Sooner than anyone though it was a year later and winter was upon everything.

 

“Damn, it’s freezing.” Chanyeol says as he sits on one of the large couches in front of a warming fire.

“I know, damn it.” Kyungsoo says as he curls up beside the other.

“Joonmyun, isn’t there anyway to make this place warmer?” Sehun asks as he leans onto Kai’s arm. Joonmyun looks up from the novel he was reading.

“I’ll try to get someone out here to fix the heating in the morning.” Joonmyun asks.

“It’d help if Minseok wasn’t frosting over the windows.” Kris says as he walks into the warm room with Minseok following behind him.

“I can’t help it, I have a cold. My powers go wonky when I’m sick.” Minseok says as he sniffles.

“Don’t blame Minseok; you’re the one that wanted to show him that you could flip mid-air.” Yixing says as he enters the room behind the other two. Joonmyun smiles when he sees the other.

“I’m not blaming, I would never blame him.” Kris says as he and Minseok sit down beside Kai and Sehun.

“But…you were blaming him.” Tao says from the floor in front of them.

“Shut up.” Kris whispers but everyone hears him and they all laugh.

“Where are Luhan and Jongdae?” Joonmyun asks as he sets his novel aside.

“Probably doing something we don’t want to know about.” Kris says.

“You’re probably right, so let’s not pester them.” Kyungsoo says and everyone agrees.

“Unless they’re loud, then I’m going to freeze their room.” Minseok says and the room they’re in fills with laughter.

“I’m being serious.” Minseok says and the others laugh more.

 

“You’d think you’d be naturally warm, but no. You’re not so you take all the blankets.” Kyungsoo says as he pulls his blanket off of Chanyeol’s body and bed.

“I’m not sorry for being cold.” Chanyeol says as he shivers.

“Go sleep in the lounge room, warmest place right now. I’m sleeping in there.” Kyungsoo says before he leaves the room. Chanyeol shoots up out of bed and drags the blankets with him and into the lounge room and to a smirking Kyungsoo.

 

“Do you think they can hear us?” Sehun asks in a whispers and Kai sighs.

“No, now shut up before you ruin the moment.” Kai whispers as he leans over to Sehun and pulls him closer. Sehun swallows dryly as his face heats up.

“But what if they hear us?” Sehun asks and Kai sighs again.

“Sehun, shut up.” Kai says as he cups Sehun’s face with his warm hands and kisses his lips lightly. Sehun remains silent as Kai pulls away.

“Sehun, you know, I really love you.” Kai says as he tugs on Sehun, pulling him so he sits on his lap. Sehun’s face turns a light pink.

“I-I love y-you too.” He says and Kai smiles at him before he kisses him again.

“Good.” Kai whispers.

 

“How do you feel?” Kris asks as he sits down next to Minseok in the warm study.

“Like .” Minseok says as he sniffles.

“Want to cuddle?” Kris asks and Minseok looks to him.

“Go cuddle with Tao.” Minseok says as he shifts away from Kris. He’s too tired for this, and he’s weaker than he’d like to be.

“Minseok, you know we don’t like each other like that, besides he likes someone and I like someone.” Kris says as he looks down at Minseok’s head. He has the urge to run his fingers through the soft looking hair, but he fights it. Kris watches as Minseok’s breathing slows down and he stops sniffling as much. He’s sleeping and Kris can’t look away. Kris lets the urge to feel Minseok’s hair win and his hand goes to his head. Minseok’s hair is as Kris thought it would be, light and fluffy but strong. Kris continues to run his fingers through Minseok’s hair as the latter lays there, seemingly asleep.

But Minseok isn’t sleeping. He’s lying there in comfort as Kris runs his fingers through his hair, and he has no thought of stopping him. Minseok smiles as he shifts and Kris freezes all movement. Minseok turns onto his back and looks tiredly up at Kris with a small smile. Kris’s eyes go wide when he realises that Minseok was in fact awake the whole time. His face heats up and goes a light pink.

“Keep doing what you were doing.” Minseok whispers but Kris hears him.

“I-I think you should go to bed.” Kris whispers back.

“It’s too cold in my room.” Minseok whispers.

“Then-then sleep in mine…” Kris whispers back. He expects a ‘no’ but he gets a nod and Minseok sits up slowly.

Minseok stands as Kris does.

“But first…” Minseok says before he wraps his hands around Kris’s waist and hugs him. He rests his head on Kris’s chest and closes his eyes. At first Kris is shocked by the action, but smile and hugs back.

“You’re warmer than I thought you’d be.” Minseok whispers into Kris’s chest.

 

“Anyone else think that it’s warmer?” Chanyeol asks as he looks outside.

“It looks warmer, the sun is out and everything.” Baekhyun says as he looks up at the sky.

“It’ll probably rain soon.” Sehun says as he takes a seat beside Chanyeol.

“Don’t bring the mood down.” Chanyeol says as he pushes Sehun softly.

“The heating will be up and working in a few hours.” Joonmyun says as he enters the dining room.

“Does…that mean I can’t live in the lounge room?” Chanyeol asks.

“It means you don’t get any action, in the lounge room.” Sehun says and Chanyeol blushes.

“Oh, I’ve been meaning to ask, why is Jongin limping?” Baekhyun asks as he tilts his head to the side slightly. Sehun grins to Baekhyun and shrugs before standing and leaving.

“That…that wasn’t an actual answer.” Baekhyun says.

“No, no I think it was.” Chanyeol says as he nods his head.

“Why…what…I don’t get it.” Baekhyun says with a confused look. Joonmyun smiles at them.

“You’re stupid. Think about the time you were limping.” Chanyeol says.

“O-oh…oh, oh my God…” Baekhyun says as he realises it. Joonmyun shakes his head.

“When are you are you going to ask Yixing out?” Chanyeol asks as he looks to Joonmyun. He blinks at Chanyeol.

“I-I don’t….why would I?” Joonmyun asks.

“You like him.” Baekhyun answers.

“N-n…is it obvious?” Joonmyun asks and the younger two nod.

“You’re so oblivious, it’s cute.” Baekhyun says and Joonmyun blinks at him.

“What am I oblivious to?” Joonmyun asks.

“Yixing likes you.” Chanyeol says.

 

Luhan sat outside, under the back porch of the estate watching him. The sky rumbled as light cracked through it. To Luhan, this power was something to be impressed by. Not many were born with the power of lightning, or like him, telekinesis. There were few with the power, the skill and will power to control it at all.

“Luhan, what are you looking at?” Tao asks from beside him. Luhan’s only answer is a nod to the direction Jongdae stood.

“Why are you watching Jongdae?” Tao asks as he shifts on his feet.

“It’s interesting. Don’t you think so? He’s one of us, someone rare.” Luhan says. If it was someone else, they’d say that Luhan sounds cold, harsh even. But to Tao it was warmer than usual.

“It’s not that interesting. We’ve met people with rare powers, like Kai. He’s special. He can walk through the worlds.” Tao says.

“I know, but he isn’t as dangerous.” Luhan says as he stands from his seat slowly and turns to Tao.

“Go inside.” Luhan says before he walks around the chair he was sitting on and down the steps from the porch and out to Jongdae.

“Aren’t you cold, Jongdae?” Luhan asks as he reaches the other. Jongdae turns to Luhan and shrugs.

“I guess…do my hands feel cold?” Jongdae asks as he holds out his hands. Luhan takes them into his and he can feel the buzzing from them Jongdae usually feels when he’s using his power.

“They’re buzzing.” Luhan says and Jongdae nods.

“They usually are. It’s something I can’t stop.” Jongdae says. Luhan still holds Jongdae’s hands, he’s unsure if he’ll pull them away or leave them. The two stare at each other for a moment before there’s a crack of lightning breaking through the sky.

“Was that you?” Luhan asks and Jongdae shakes his head as more lightning cracks the sky.