Part One

The Estate - Two Worlds

 

He had felt the pain but he didn’t want to acknowledge it. He didn’t want to feel the pain that was surging through him, his leg was still bleeding and it wouldn’t stop. He pushed the pain down and let the anger and hate overwhelm him. He could no longer control what was going on in the hallway he stood in flooded with water. He couldn’t hold back, he couldn’t stop, not until the other in the room was dead or when he was.

 

__

 

“Come on, Joonmyun! Please, just once?” Sehun asks with a small pout and big puppy-dog eyes. Joonmyun sighs but nods to the younger.

“Yes, you’re the best!” Sehun says with a clap of his hands.

“Pass me your glass.” Joonmyun says and Sehun does as he says, passing his empty glass to Joonmyun. He held it in his hands for a moment before he looked into it. In a moment water started to pool in it, out of nowhere. Joonmyun passes the now full glass to Sehun.

“Wow, that’s awesome. All I can do is shut a door…” He says. Joonmyun chuckles softly.

“Being able to fill a glass with water is nothing, Sehun.” Joonmyun says. Sehun shrugs.

“Still cooler than what I can do.” He says before standing.

“I have to go to class, see you later.” Sehun says before he rushes out of the cafeteria, leaving Joonmyun alone. But only for a moment before Kyungsoo and Chanyeol make their way to him. They sit down across from him and smile.

“No one ever asks me to fill a glass with fire.” Chanyeol says.

“That would be stupid, and dangerous. You still can’t control it fully.” Kyungsoo says with a shake of his head.

“Not my fault. I hate having fire.” Chanyeol says with a pout.

“Don’t hate it; just take time to get a hang of it.” Joonmyun says.

“You should listen to him, Chanyeol. You’ll get it soon.” Kyungsoo says as he pats Chanyeol’s shoulder softly. Just as Chanyeol is about to say something, Jongin and Baekhyun come running to them.

“There’re new people!” Baekhyun says excitedly.

“They’re pretty good looking too.” Jongin says with a nod.

“You’re telling us this, why?” Kyungsoo asks and Jongin grins at him as he presses down on Joonmyun’s shoulders with his hands.

“So Joonmyun can greet them, he’s been here the longest.” Jongin says.

“I suppose I should, where are they?” Joonmyun asks as he stands slowly.

“Front of building B.” Jongin says with a nod.

 

“This place is huge.” Tao says as he looks at the large building that stands in front of him. The others nod to him as their luggage is passed around.

“When you said there was a place for people like us, you didn’t mention it being huge.” Yixing says with a chuckle. Minseok shrugs as he closes the boot of his car.

“It’s been remodelled a few times since I’ve been here.” He says as he turns to the other five that face the building now. The doors open and five people walk out.

“Ah, Minseok’s with them.” Kyungsoo says as he waves.

The two groups walk over to each other, meeting at the bottom of the steps that lead to building B.

“Minseok, it’s good to see you.” Joonmyun says as they greet each other with a hug.

“I guess I should introduce everyone?” Minseok asks as they stop hugging. Joonmyun gives him a nod.

“From left to right, this is Wu Fan, but he would like to be called Kris, next is Tao, Jongdae, Yixing, and lastly Luhan.” Minseok says as he points them each out. The other five all bow to the other five.

“Nice to meet you all, I’m Joonmyun, this is Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongin and Kyungsoo.” Joonmyun says with a bright smile. They each bow again.

“Here, I’ll help you carry this in.” Kai says as he takes Luhan’s bag from him.

 

“So, how was China?” Joonmyun asks as he passes a cup of coffee to Minseok.

“It was…good but exhausting, of course it was fun.” He says as he sips the strong coffee he loves and had been longing for since he first left.

“I didn’t expect you to bring so many back.” Joonmyun says with a smile.

“Neither did I. But five is better than none.” Minseok says.

“How did you know they had powers?” Joonmyun asks as he sips his own coffee.

“Simple, I saw them using them.” Minseok says with a chuckle.

“They were near the place I was staying, practicing and I saw them.” He says.

“What do they have?” Joonmyun asks and Minseok grins at him.

“They’re in the basement practice room right now.” He says.

 

The basement practice room, one of the only rooms at the estate that will remain totally undamaged by powers of those that live there.

“This place is awesome.” Tao says with large eyes as he looks around the large room they stand in. The walls, floor and ceiling are covered in cracks and scratches but it’s clean.

“Minseok said this was the best place to practice in.” Jongdae says with a nod.

“I can’t practice in here.” Kris says with a smirk and Jongdae shrugs.

“I’m sure I can tell you where to practice.” Joonmyun says as he and Minseok enter the room.

“If there are any tall buildings around here, that’d be helpful.” Kris says.

“You can use the tower in building C.” Joonmyun says.

“Don’t you want to know what I can do?” Kris asks as he turns to Joonmyun and Minseok fully.

“No, I’m sure I’ll find out.” Joonmyun says with a smile. Kris nods; to him this answer is acceptable.

 

“Joonmyun, Kai is being annoying.” Sehun says as he hugs Joonmyun from behind.

“Did you do something to him?” Joonmyun asks without turning around.

“I probably did.” Sehun says with a sigh as he rests his chin on Joonmyun’s shoulder.

“Well, there’s the problem.” Joonmyun says with a nod and Sehun sighs.

“But he knows I mean well. Why are boys so…mean and stuff?” Sehun asks and Joonmyun chuckles.

“I don’t think you’re asking the right person.” Joonmyun says and Sehun sighs again.

“What’re you doing?” Sehun asks as he looks over Joonmyun’s shoulder.

“I’m working out a practice schedule for the new people.” He says and Sehun nods.

“Do you know what powers they have?” Sehun asks. Just as Joonmyun is going to answer, someone clears their throat. The two turn to Yixing.

“There might be a problem with me practicing.” He says in careful Korean.

“And that would be?” Joonmyun asks.

“I heal things, usually close to death things.” Yixing says.

“Oh…can you heal flowers?” Sehun asks with a smile.

 

“Damn you, Chanyeol!” Kyungsoo yells as he looks down at his now rotting flowers.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry Kyungsoo.” Chanyeol says as he stands over Kyungsoo.

“I told you to water them!” Kyungsoo says as he stands, tears filling his eyes.

“I-I…I’m sorry!” Chanyeol says as he pulls Kyungsoo into his arms.

“What happened?” Joonmyun asks as he walks over to the two. Kyungsoo mumbles something from Chanyeol’s chest.

“Ah, Chanyeol…could you let him go?” Joonmyun asks. Chanyeol looks down to Kyungsoo and drops his arms to let Kyungsoo free.

“He murdered my flowers.” Kyungsoo says and Chanyeol pouts.

“Oh, I can fix that.” Yixing says from behind Joonmyun. He walks around the other and to Kyungsoo’s flowers, he kneels down and places his hand over them and waits a moment before they glow a soft yellow and stretch up, turning their bright colours from the wilted dim they were.

“That was cool.” Sehun says from beside Joonmyun as he wraps his hands around his waist.

“You know, Sehun. If you keep doing that, Jongin isn’t going to believe you like him.” Chanyeol says.

“But…but Joonmyun is comfy.” Sehun says with a pout.

“He’s right, Sehun.” Joonmyun says as he pats Sehun’s back softly. Sehun groans and drops his arms.

“Why don’t you go practice?” Joonmyun asks Sehun with a smile. Sehun nods and leaves the four.

“How old is he?” Yixing asks. Joonmyun looks to him.

“He’s 18.” Chanyeol says and Yixing nods. Joonmyun can feel his heart beating; it’s loud in his ears. He shakes it off and takes it that he’s hungry, or hot because of the weather.

 

“I’m so hungry.” Baekhyun says as he leans onto Kai.

“Get off of me, you’re heavy.” Kai says as he slides away from the older.

“Let me rest on you, I’m tired.” Baekhyun says.

“No, you’re heavy and it’s hot.” Kai says as he slides further away from Baekhyun and ends up next to Tao. The two look at each other for a moment before they smile and start to talk.

 

“You’re a good cook, Kyungsoo.” Yixing says with a smile. Kyungsoo blushes and thanks him. Chanyeol pouts as he watches the two interact so kindly.

“What’s wrong?” Sehun asks as he continues to eat his meal. Chanyeol nods towards Kyungsoo and Yixing.

“Oh come on, you know Kyungsoo is in love with you, right?” Sehun says and Chanyeol looks to him.

“What?” Chanyeol asks.

“Kyungsoo, he’s like, in love with you. He didn’t ask anyone else to water his flowers but you and he’s known Joonmyun longer.” Sehun says with a nod.

“I…what…I mean- how do you know that?” Chanyeol asks and Sehun grins.

“He talks in his sleep. ‘Oh Chanyeol! I love you! Don’t stop, go harder!’” Sehun says, mimicking Kyungsoo’s voice and moans. Chanyeol’s face heats up and he blushes a dark shade of pink.

“Why are you blushing?” Kyungsoo asks as he walks over to them. Chanyeol shoots up and runs away, leaving a confused Kyungsoo and a laughing Sehun.

“What’d you do?” Kyungsoo asks as he looks to Sehun with narrow eyes.

“I told him what you said in your dream last night.” Sehun says and Kyungsoo’s face goes pink.

“You-you did? I-I…he’s going to- oh God, no.” Kyungsoo says before he runs after Chanyeol.

 

“Chanyeol, let me explain, I mean…I…how do I put this…” Kyungsoo says slowly. Chanyeol doesn’t look at him. He’s sitting on his bed with a pillow covering his face from Kyungsoo.

“I just, I mean…I don’t know how Sehun put it but… I mean you’re attractive so it’d make sense that…no that sounds weird.” Kyungsoo says but shakes his head. Chanyeol’s face heats up more when he hears that Kyungsoo said he was attractive.

Kyungsoo stands there in silence as Chanyeol sits there, unsure of what to do. He didn’t see this coming; he didn’t think Kyungsoo thought of him like that. But he was glad. After a few minutes of silence Chanyeol moved the pillow away from his face and look at Kyungsoo.

“Do you like me?” Chanyeol asks and Kyungsoo nods slowly. He looks to the floor for comfort, waiting for rejection. In a swift movement Chanyeol stands from his bed, walks to Kyungsoo and pulls him into his arms.

“Good.” He whispers, smiling happily.

 

“You haven’t asked how I know Korean.” Yixing says as he sits next to Joonmyun.

“Did I have to?” He asks. Yixing smiles at him and Joonmyun can’t take his eyes off his dimple.

“No, I suppose not. How long have you been here?” Yixing asks, still smiling.

“My parents opened this place up, so since I was a child.” Joonmyun says.

“You’ve had your powers since you were a child?” Yixing asks.

“Ah, no, that would have been odd. My parents had powers.” Joonmyun says as he sips his coffee.

“Oh, that makes sense then. What did they…what powers do they have?” Yixing asks.

“They both had water, my mother could bring water out of thin air and my father could pull water out of the ground and clouds. I can do both types.” Joonmyun says.

“That’s pretty cool.” Yixing says with a soft smile. Joonmyun smiles back at him and Yixing thinks the smile is heavenly. There’s a flash from outside and a loud bang follows it. Joonmyun’s smile falls and he stands as Kai runs to him.

“Don’t worry, it was just Chen- I mean Jongdae.” Kai says as he catches his breath.

“He has lightening as a power and Se-I begged him to show me.” Kai says with a nod.

“Ok, as long as he doesn’t burn anything down, I’m fine with it.” Joonmyun says as he sits down. Kai gives Joonmyun ‘thumbs up’ and runs off.

“You’re quite lenient.” Yixing says and Joonmyun chuckles softly.

“I suppose I am.” He says. Yixing could sit and watch Joonmyun smile or laugh for hours, if he’d allow it.

 

A.N That’s the end of part one.