Chapter 37

Sehun is my...what?!

"What are you doing?" Sehun nudged me on the shoulder.

"My Chemistry homework. It's pretty long so I'm starting as early as now" I replied.

He snuck a peek at the pages and his eyes widened.

"And this is due tomorrow already?!" he exclaimed.

I shook my head. "Nope, Friday. I just want to finish it early so that I have time for future homeworks."

Sehun nodded and returned to watching the senior dance club practice. Then I heard him sigh.

"What's the matter?" I asked, looking up from my work.

"Ah, nothing. I just miss dancing already. It's been almost a week since my injury" he answered.

"That's a month for me" I pouted.

He abruptly sat up straight. "I'm sorry. I shouldn't be complaining."

"It's ok," I chuckled "you must love dancing that much."

"Yeah," he said as he slowly faced me "I'm quite serious when I love something."

I turned to face him and burst out in laughter, ruining the atmosphere. His intent gaze switched into an innocent befuddled look.

"You are always serious!" I pointed out. "Even if we're just playing rock-paper-scissors, it's like you're competing in the Olympics."

"I was implying something with what I said, you know" he complained.

"I know," I chuckled "but those kinds of words belong to a TV drama, oppa. Too serious!"

"Ah," he snapped his fingers "now that you mention our game, you still haven't received your punishment!"

I tapped my finger on my chin, recalling the events in the detention room from a few days ago.

"But you haven't either" I said as I went back to answering the Chemistry worksheet.

"Then I'll take my punishment after you're done with your homework" he said, standing up.

"Where are you going?" I asked.


SEHUN'S POV

"Going dancing" I replied. "I'll convince seonsaengnim to let me dance already. It's been five days anyway. I've recovered well enough."

Actually, as much as I do love to dance, I'm not forcing myself today because I'm excited. There's something, no, someone else that I love more on this dance floor. But she's busy and I'm only distracting her from her homework. I can't let myself be selfish and have her grades jeopardized just because I want to be with her.

When will you ever notice my reason for doing this, Chanshi? I've told you how I feel. And it's true. But you seem to avoid talking about it.

"No no no, andwaeyo~" she tried to pull me back to the floor.

"Why? Are you worried about me?" I teased, hoping for a positive response.

"Of course, you pabo! You might get a worse injury if you strain yourself" she answered. I turned my head to hide a smile and took a few steps away.

"I won't be making huge or drastic moves. You shouldn't worry about me" I said.

"I should worry about you!" she exclaimed as she pulled on my arm with more force.

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you're my boyfriend," she answered with a soft yet sincere expression on her face "so please stay with me, oppa."

Damn. How could I say no to that?

Looks like my plan backfired. Does it mean she doesn't think of me as a distraction from her work? Hope springs eternal, Oh Sehun.

"Not unless you take your punishment" I said.

"What is it?" she inquired.

I walked back and bent down to level my face with hers. Her eyes widened at the dangerously close distance.

I suddenly remembered that night after the surprise birthday party. She had reacted the same way, but didn't say a word.

Didn't your heartbeat race like mine?

Do you think of that night as often as I do?

Please tell me.

Do you love me too?

 

"O-oppa?" she blinked furiously "what's my punishment?"

I met her questioning eyes and smiled.

"Just this" I said as I planted a kiss on her forehead.

Maybe only time will tell.

I don't care how long it would take for me to finally know what's on your mind. And what's in your heart.

I will wait for you, my angel.