Chapter 27

Sehun is my...what?!

Agh. I'm so sorry if my updates aren't as frequent as before. School's getting crazily hectic. Author is so sorry T_T

I'm glad you liked the previous chapters. Thank you for commenting, subscribing, and patiently waiting. I <3 you all~


I opened my eyes to the bright sunshine. Oww. Let me try that again slowly. Alright, there. When did I fall asleep? I recalled what happened last night and a smile crept up my lips. Right, I fell asleep daydreaming.

I looked to the other side of the room and saw the sleeping form of my brother. Carefully, I tiptoed to his area and abruptly ruffled his hair.

"Annyeoooong!" I squealed.

"Gaaaaaah!" Chanyeol shot up. "Ya! What was that about, Chanshi?"

I bobbed my head left to right in sing-song. "I was just waking up my drooling brother~"

"Tch" he lied back down "if you're so happy to wake up, I'm not. Five more minutes."

I shrugged and walked to the door. "Ah," I turned back "what do you want for breakfast Chanyeol-oppa?"

"You taking a shower" he answered monotonously.

"WHAAAT?!" I exclaimed with rounded eyes. He immediately stood up on alert.

"No, no! I was too sleepy so that came out wrong. What I meant was that we're going out today so you should go take a shower" he explained.

I whacked him on the forehead before exiting the room.

"Byuntae!" I teased on the way out.

"Hey, I'm still older than you!" he hollered.

"Ne! Old byuntae!" I called back.


"Ah, I'm so full!" exclaimed Chanyeol as we exited Myeongdong Gyoja Restaurant.

"That's because you ate all of the mandu!" I pouted.

"But they were so delicious~" he reasoned.

I chuckled and we walked out into the streets filled with sunshine.

"So can you explain why you insisted in going back to Myeongdong? We were here just..." Chanyeol counted with his fingers, "ten hours ago."

I pointed in front of us. "Because of that! I saw those yesterday while I was walking with Sehun-oppa, but didn't want to be late for the noraebang so I wasn't able to get one. Please buy one for me, oppa~" I begged.

Chanyeol rubbed his chin, then tapped his cheek once as he bent down to my level. Just like a kid, I grinned and pecked him on the cheek before running to the direction of the store.


"Wooow~" I said with huge eyes as the man handed me the yogurt cone and Chanyeol paid for it.

"Gomawo oppa!" I skipped to Chanyeol, careful not to spill the ice cream as I squished him into a bear hug. I couldn't help but chuckle while eating the top of the yogurt which was perfectly cool for a sunny day.

"What's so funny?" Chanyeol asked. I held up my hand with the cone and placed it beside his face.

"Yeollie ice cream" I beamed "it's so tall, just like you!" I grinned sheepishly.

Chanyeol grinned back at me, eyes crinkling. His smiles are always so genuine.


We decided to walk around for a bit, him reminding me about silly things I used to do when we were kids. After a long while, our feet got tired and we scouted for a place to sit on.

"Oh, there!" I motioned to a tiny playground.

"SWING!!!" screamed Chanyeol, his deep voice creeping me out. Before I knew it, he was dashing for one. I was too exhausted for a race and decided to slowly walk up to him, laughing at his actions.

"I won" he stuck his tongue out.

"There was no race" I also stuck my tongue out. We looked like bickering children and the stares of the kids in the sandbox were proof.

"Say, oppa" I began after we have regained our breath from laughing, "why did you suddenly feel like going out today?"

"Why, can't I go out with my sister now? And yet you date Lu Han" he frowned.

"Mwo?! No, that wasn't a date. I just accompanied him on his birthday" I explained.

A silent O formed on his mouth and he nodded silently.

"So why were you so happy last night? What happened between you and Sehun?" he asked out of the blue.

"I told you already. N-nothing! I just enjoyed the party..." I stuttered.

"Keeping secrets from your brother?" he nudged me by the elbow.

"It's not like that, oppa" I defended. I hope he realizes that it would be extremely awkward if I did narrate to him what happened last night. Even if we're related, he's still a guy. Plus, the two of them are friends. He would tease us to no end.

Chanyeol heaved out a sigh. Then he gently placed his shoulder around mine and pouted.

"Sorry, I'm just worried. Not that I don't trust you or Sehun but," he raised his finger at the air to emphasize his point.

"You're the only one I have. I can't help but think that I might lose my little angel anytime" he finished as he absent-mindedly my hair.

"Oppa, you sound so strange today!" I commented.

"What is Lu Han to you?" he suddenly asked, completely ignoring my remark.

"L-Lu Han? Wae oppa?" my voice lilted out of surprise.

"As I said, you're the only one I have. I'm like...your mom, dad, and brother all at the same time. So I just want to know. What is he to you?" he said.

"Well..." I contemplated "he is my best friend."

That's right. The reason why I always wanted to spend time with him is because we're buddies. I may have been confused before, but last night removed all the cloudiness in my mind. It is now clear as crystal. Sehun is the only one. I'm not prepared to admit that out loud though. I hope Chanyeol doesn't bring it up...

He nodded. "Ok. Then how about Sehun?"

Aish.

I turned my face away from my brother to hide the involuntary flushing of my cheeks.

"Ya!" Chanyeol shoved my shoulder "I'm waiting for an answer here~"

"Ouch, no need to be violent oppa" I evaded.

"Ah sorry, sorry" he patted my arm.

"Is that the way to treat your little angel?" I asked in a sarcastic tone, quoting the air as I mentioned my nickname.

"No but...hey! Don't you try to change the topic" he remarked.

Aigoo, I guess it really cannot be avoided.

"Sehun-oppa is..." I began.

"Sehun-OPPA?" Chanyeol raised an eyebrow, perhaps only noticing now that I've dropped the formalities.

"Ne, Sehun-oppa. He is my boyfriend, isn't he?" I continued.

"O-of course he is" he quickly bobbed his head up and down, his brown hair shaking with the movement.

"Let me change the question then. How do you feel towards him? What are your feelings for Sehun?" he probed.

I only found out the answer to that yesterday. Is Chanyeol some sort of psychic to ask it at the right moment? Or maybe he just knows me too well.

"Chanyeol-oppa" I faced him with a serious expression. His head perked up in anticipation.

"Let's just say that no matter what those feelings I have for Sehun-oppa are," I continued "you'll still be the number one guy for me ok?" I finished with a light tap on his nose.

"Really?" his eyes lit up. I nodded with a smile. Actually, I didn't feel comfortable in talking about my real answer, but what I said is also true.

"Oh look, look!" Chanyeol pointed to the sky "an airplane! Let's make a wish!"

I flicked my finger on his forehead. "Babo oppa. You don't wish on airplanes. You wish on shooting stars!" I said.

He merely shrugged, his grin never leaving his face. "Who said so?"

"Uh well..." I mumbled. I never really thought about that. My brother is right. Everything is up to us. No one really dictates on how you wish...or how you're going to be happy. I smiled, keeping a mental note of Chanyeol's wisdom.

I looked up at the sky and closed my eyes as Chanyeol did and together, we silently uttered our hearts' desire.