A New Start

Second Chances

Key never thought that a chance like this would come. He thought that he would never see Nicole again after they graduated middle school, but here she was in the same room, sharing eye contact with him. They had been really close and he would do anything to regain that friendship. It was his fault anyway that their friendship got rocky. It's his chance to get things back to how they used to be. Slowly, he walked towards Nicole. He'll have to do better this time around. even if it means that he would supress his feelings. It would be tons better to have her as a friend than lose her completely. And so he approached her.

"It's been a while Nicole" Key said with a smile.

Nicole was actually surprised. She thought Key would just pass her up and go his way. A lot of things are still rushing through her head but she knew this was a signal. Maybe their friendship isn't over yet. Maybe she just over-thought a lot of things.

"Quite a while Key" Nicole returned the greeting.

"Never thought I'd meet you around here. How have you been?" Key was trying his best to start a normal conversation.

"I've been fine. You?" Honestly Nicole didn't know what else to say.

"So so. Are you busy?"

"Not really."

"Want some snacks? My treat." Key was planning to have better conversation if she agrees.

"I guess that would be nice"

"Yes. Let's chat more over cake and coffee. Chocolate Mousse?"

"You still remember my favorite. Of course that would be nice."

"Of course I remember" Key smiled. In his head he was thinking Of course I'd never forget things specially if its about you. "Come on."

And so they walked towards the nearby cafe. Key, being the gentleman that he was, got to the door first and opened it for Nicole.

He had never change. Still smooth, still knows how to treat ladies. That was running through Nicole's head but she never voiced it out. She just smiled and bowed a bit.

They found an empty table near the window and Key pulled the chair for Nicole. Once they were settled he ordered their food and started chatting with Nicole.

"So you said you studied in a girl's school? You tranferred houses too right? That's why I thought I won't see you again."

"Yes we tranferred houses. It was actually because of Dad's work. Now he's assigned back here.

"Oh I see. So I'd guess we'd bump into each other more often."

"I guess so. How about you? what do you do these days Key?"

"Well I got into our local high school and now I'm working part time in a friend's bar."

"A bar? Ugh i didn't mean to offend you---"

"What are you thinking about?!? I'm singing there once in a while with my friends."

"Oh..i see...a band..sorry."

"You still jump to conclusions easily Nicole."

"Sorry hahaha. Anyway...a band? still the same guys from middle school?"

"Still with Jonghyun and Minho but there a new ones. You should drop by sometime, when you're not that busy.By the way what do you do"

"I continued my hopes for fashion. I'm still studying though."

"That's nice. Are you free during friday nights?"

"Yes. Where is it?"

"Just a few blocks away. You mind if I get your number?"

"Not really. Its really nice to be friends with you again."

"Honestly I missed you Nicole."

Here he goes again. How does he expect me to react? Maybe its in a friendly way though.

"I missed having you as a friend too Key"

That hurts a bit. I guess I'm really just a friend for her. But that would be nice for now.

Before things get more awkward their snacks finally arrived. It lifted the awkward atmosphere as they enjoyed their food.

"You still look cute when you eat Nicole. See some icing smudged."

"Oh sorry. I can't help it..you know its my favorite." She tried wiping it away but failed.

"Here let me help you." And Key reached out to her. 

A blush creeps to Nicole's face, a mix of embarrassment and shock from Key's actions.

"There. It's gone."

"Uh..thanks."

"You're still as clumsy as ever. Seems like there are things taht never change."

"And you are still acting cool as always."

That completely turned the mood into a more comfortable feel. They talked freely reminiscing their middles school days. A few moments after, it was time to go.

"I really enjoyed Key. Thanks for the treat."

"I'm really happy too Nicole. Keep in touch! and don't forget to drop by the bar."

"Sure if I have time. I'll just text you"

"Okay!"

And with that, they parted ways. Temporarily. Both knew that this was a fresh start for their friendship.

 

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _  _ _

A/N: Sorry if it was draggy and cliche. Anyway thanks to the subscribers ^_^

Comments are gladly appreciated :)

Thanks for reading!